rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Fake Breakup: Backing Off to Renew Interest

I've been getting into situations with girls where I feel them drifting out of my grasp, but when I insinuate that I'm going to walk, they start chasing. It always happens over texts - when I'm with them, they dig me or they don't. I'm looking for specific things to say, to make her feel like she's losing me. This is like the inverse of Roosh's Dick Move.

Anyhow, what would you text a girl to insinuate walking away? It has to be ambiguous enough to make her chase back and not give up entirely. There's a chance she'll just say "ok, we're done then," but then she probably wouldn't have agreed to another meet anyhow. Something like "I'm kinda busy these days." Or, "Gonna be gone for a bit" Not a fake breakup per se, but may have a similar effect. These kinda suck, but I don't have any better ones, just put 'em here to demonstrate the principle.

With a current one, she can't stand it when I ignore her for a moment say, in bed, yet she's been flakey over the phone. As it stands, another meet might not happen. I suspect she has some daddy issues - her parents are happily married but it seems like the dad spent extended periods of time away from her, creating a need for attention when it's readily available. Or I just pulled that out of my ass. I've got an idea or two for this one, but it's contextual.

"Anyhow, what would you text a girl to insinuate walking away?"

Why does this have to be by text?

It would be way easier to convey over the phone with pauses, voice intonation and energy levels.

Quote: (05-28-2011 11:03 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"Anyhow, what would you text a girl to insinuate walking away?"

Why does this have to be by text?

It would be way easier to convey over the phone with pauses, voice intonation and energy levels.

Because text is more ambiguous, and you have perfect control of the message. It lets her stew in confusion; on the phone it might be difficult to execute a quick turnaround - she might catch your ploy going from break to date so quickly. She might misinterpret your reduced energy level as the disappearance of attraction. She has to see it as you walking, to work.

Plus there's the chance you'll get into a game of phone tag and missed calls, which will sink your value further. The text seems more effortless.

What if you just don't text or call her for a week or 2?

If she likes you and wants to hang out with you, she will contact you and wonder where you have been.

When that happens, just say..."Oh my God, I've been soooooo busy lately"

If she never texts you, she never would have banged you anyways.

Quote: (05-28-2011 01:39 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

What if you just don't text or call her for a week or 2?

If she likes you and wants to hang out with you, she will contact you and wonder where you have been.

When that happens, just say..."Oh my God, I've been soooooo busy lately"

If she never texts you, she never would have banged you anyways.

Well the prime inspiration for this was I told a girl "I'm losing interest..." over text, one I met online. She called me the next day to set something up, and we eventually met up, although she was insane.

The radio silence maneuver only works if you've made a strong enough connection. It's like being aloof and indifferent vs. being an outright asshole - both have their uses.

Quote: (05-28-2011 04:59 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Well the prime inspiration for this was I told a girl "I'm losing interest..." over text, one I met online. She called me the next day to set something up, and we eventually met up, although she was insane.

The radio silence maneuver only works if you've made a strong enough connection. It's like being aloof and indifferent vs. being an outright asshole - both have their uses.

I use a combination technique of: brief radio silence and the "misdirected text." Depending on the situation, I'll fall off for 5-10 days, and then send something that DHV or is a hilarious non-sequitur that was clearly not intended for her.

Works fairly well at reinvigorating wilting prospects.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter