rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hispanic paradox: Why immigrants have a high life expectancy

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32910129

[Image: _83285916_thinkstockphotos-200492727-001.jpg]

The interesting thing to note in this article is that it's specifically about immigrants, not 2nd, 3rd+ generation Hispanic-Americans. It's about "Fresh Off the Boat" Hispanic immigrants who haven't Americanized themselves yet.

Quote:Quote:

In the long term, immigrants tend to embrace the local diet, including the consumption of junk food, increasing their chances of developing fatal diseases.
"Second and third-generation Latinos lose these relative advantages that immigrants have when they move to the US." Mr Ortega says.

"They eat less fruits and vegetables and exercise less, while they increase the consumption of fatty and sugary food," he adds.

Migrants tend to have more physically demanding jobs when they first arrive, but this tends to gradually change as they move to better jobs and develop a more sedentary lifestyle.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml...mm6417a5_w

Could be because they're used to walking instead of taking a car to the corner store .2 miles away. No shit, people who rather drive 1 minute than walk 3-4 minutes.

Also, they're more physically active. I've seen a couple of them play soccer with their homies every evening at a park nearby while the gringos are sitting down watching their kids play t-ball.

On a more personal note, they like parks. Good luck finding a functional park in Latin America that is safe and maintained.

They don't eat as many processed foods in the beginning because its cheaper to cook their own meals and they stick to what they know. As they get more acquainted with the US they will choose fast food, mostly.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Most latinos in SoCal look like a heart attack waiting to happen.

Some follow the traditional diet that's mostly rice, beans, and various vegetables. However they eat pretty horribly when they get to the promised land.

It's almost ironic in a sense. They may have lived longer and with a large extended family full of love and happy familial relations in Mexico only to trade that for cash, low status, and a dramatically decreased lifespan, and high social failure rate for their offspring.

Epigenetics have been referenced prior

Could be the long hours a day they spend mowing lawns, and picking strawberries, hence all that Vitamin D from the sun, and maybe even a gallon of water a day from being in the sun all day.

When they get home, they eat a healthy dose of rice and beans, meat and some avocado (which is actually good for you).

There was a study and a Link that Travelerkai posted in another thread where it said that Hispanic Americans as a whole live longer than Black or White Americans. I think it has to do with the diet. Sure they eat rice, beans and tortillas, but most of the time the food the Mexicans eat isn't processed. At the same time though, I've seen Mexicans max out at Burger King and McDonalds, but its usually a one time a week type deal (mostly Sundays).

At the end of the day, they are more active. When they come back from work, they go straight to the park to play soccer or join some soccer league. I live in an area where there are many soccer leagues and the majority of the membership are Mexican immigrant men from all ages.

I don't know how they do it. You would think, working all day in the farms or in the yards will have you tired as hell, but these guys come back home from a grueling day of work, eat their meal and head straight to the park. I even asked one of them one time when he was going straight to the park, I said "Dude, aren't you tired from working all day?" He responded "nope, the day I don't play soccer is the day that I'm tired at work."

I don't doubt what that article is saying. In the D.C. area, you are way more likely to see a F.O.B. Hispanic person in the gym, than a Hispanic person who was born here. In Miami, Los Angeles, and New York, you see a lot of both kinds of people. If an immigrant's health and diet are good, the odds are that person's children's diet and health won't be as good. If an immigrant has poor health and diet, their kids may very well be even worse. The more accurate and helpful article may be discussing how poor people in the United States' health as a whole is and what needs to be done to correct it.

Quote: (05-30-2015 01:05 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I don't doubt what that article is saying. In the D.C. area, you are way more likely to see a F.O.B. Hispanic person in the gym, than a Hispanic person who was born here. In Miami, Los Angeles, and New York, you see a lot of both kinds of people.

A lot of esses come out of CA prison with a pretty advanced outlook when it comes to health and fitness.

Quote: (05-30-2015 12:35 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Some follow the traditional diet that's mostly rice, beans, and various vegetables. However they eat pretty horribly when they get to the promised land.

It's almost ironic in a sense. They may have lived longer and with a large extended family full of love and happy familial relations in Mexico only to trade that for cash, low status, and a dramatically decreased lifespan, and high social failure rate for their offspring.

The problem with Hispanics in SoCal is that most are dumb as nails and they grow up in ghetto areas. They would have been better off being back in Mexico but their parents said fuck it and didn't do anything to change their lot. I have worked with these types here in the Bay Area (they were illegals) and they might as well be dead based on their outlook on life. They only work to barely survive and they think any newcomer to their work places will steal their jobs (I had to deal with those illegals constantly harassing me when I worked in plumbing).

But back on topic, the parents from the home country are healthy. The children usually end up being lards.

Quote: (05-30-2015 01:01 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

I've seen Mexicans max out at Burger King and McDonalds, but its usually a one time a week type deal (mostly Sundays).

When Dominicans eat out, like at a fast food place, it's called "un mal dia".

These are people who get fat and sick when they eat processed American food and adopt American habits. Even though Mexico has one of the highest rates of obesity in the world, a lot of is attributable to the same type of food being adopted there, or being imported into the country.

Hispanic immigrants keep a lot of the same habits they had in their old countries. For starters, they're fucking relaxed. They don't let their jobs define who they are. In the US, you ask a chick to tell you about herself and she starts in about her job and degree before you're even done speaking the question. In Latin America--for those who have traveled there--people care about unimportant shit like their family and their religious community. These are people who are also traditional with gender shit. The women stay at home, and the dudes work--usually like 50-60 hours a week, not including some long-ass commute from way out in some neighborhood they can afford on that wage. Guys aren't stressed out by some bitch trying to divorce-rape him, or having to spend hours on the computer to try to chase new pussy on some dating site into the late hours of the night. Wife looks the other way when the guy creeps every few years, and she's loyal. She cooks for him, she irons his uniform for work, and she would never-in-a-million years think "withholding sex" was an option.

The guys gets time away from the wife and kids too. They join soccer leagues, and drink cheap beers on the weekend, while listening to some $20 radio, with his buddies. When a hot bitch walks by, they whistle at her or make no effort at hiding the fact that they're looking directly at her ass. If a guy is acting like a fucking pussy, they call him a fag without fear that someone will get them fired for the "transgression."

Yet, without standing in line at a shitty club in the cold or joining a $10,000/month country club, they manage to have massive smiles on their face for the better part of a Sunday afternoon. If his son talks back--or his daughter starts acting like a filthy slut--he can check them without the fear that the entire government is going to show up at his house. He smacks the son over the head, and he makes the wife whack the daughter on whatever part of body she's attention-whoring with the bristle-side of the broom. Or, she'll tongue-lash that little whore into oblivion with the type of "slut shaming" every American girl I can think of could use at least once a week.

People buy into the myth that everything in the West is progress and better, but these people don't live longer because they have parasitical genes that they're going to use to conquer the world. They keep shit simple and don't come from the diseased culture of the West than kills men and destroys women.

Americans could learn a lot from these "backward" people.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Tuth nailed it. Stress is called the invisible killer for a good reason. It floods your body with cortisol, which prevents hormonal pathways to flow correctly throughout your body. This prevents you from fighting off anything from allergies to strokes. Makes your blood vessel linings deteriorate too. All kinds of shit. Since America has the shitty James Dean culture mentality it will never mimic a European model of mental wellness and stress prevention.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Studies show that people who have close friends and family into later years tend to live longer. They come from a culture where family and community is very important and people aren't as transient. I don't think you have the culture of loneliness and atomization in Mexico that you do in the USA.

I don't believe diet has anything to do with it. Mexicans, including Mexican-Americans are more obese than the American average. They binge on neon-colored sodas in Mexico and eat bread covered in sugar and other starchy carbs.

Quote: (05-30-2015 02:57 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Studies show that people who have close friends and family into later years tend to live longer. They come from a culture where family and community is very important and people aren't as transient. I don't think you have the culture of loneliness and atomization in Mexico that you do in the USA.

I don't believe diet has anything to do with it. Mexicans, including Mexican-Americans are more obese than the American average. They binge on neon-colored sodas in Mexico and eat bread covered in sugar and other starchy carbs.

You got that right!!

[Image: 18958_130419356684071.jpg]

Mexican sweet bread is the shit though! I tend to eat some from time to time whenever I have a cheat day. Mexican food is bad for dieting. I think one beef tamale has like 370 calories, but who eats one tamale?

The Mexican immigrants though, even if they are fat, move around a lot. That's one thing I would say about them. Their kids though, that's another story.

I've been banging a Mexican girl (born in Mexico) 19 y/o since October. She's 5'10", 125lbs. Her diet is atrocious, but she doesn't eat in the same volume as most American girls do. She'll not eat all day, have some wine/junk food and then call it quits.

Also she is very poor and rides her bicycle/walks everywhere.

I haven't met any Mexican-American girls I would be seen in public with.

Quote: (05-30-2015 04:17 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

I've been banging a Mexican girl (born in Mexico) 19 y/o since October. She's 5'10", 125lbs. Her diet is atrocious, but she doesn't eat in the same volume as most American girls do. She'll not eat all day, have some wine/junk food and then call it quits.

Where do you live? I know a few Mex-American girls who keep in shape and are attractive. Problem with those is that they want to be swept by some Anglo dude (I am Mexican-American). You will find them in college campuses if you are ever curious to find them.

It's only a paradox if you subscribe to the PC-liberal presumption that socioeconomic status, as a causative agent, induces substantial variation across life outcomes for individuals and groups in Western countries.

Hispanics living in the US are poorer, have harsher jobs and less access to education and health services than non-Hispanic whites. But their health is nevertheless better. So what's behind this "Hispanic paradox"?

Maybe it's because these things don't matter very much in explaining health outcomes.

It reminds me of people getting their panties in a twist when it's pointed out that poor white kids out-score wealthy black kids on tests.

What about the Women Paradox? Everyone knows they make only 70 cents for every dollar a man makes, but live longer.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

[Image: 1210.gif]

Quote: (05-30-2015 04:26 PM)Bones707 Wrote:  

Where do you live? I know a few Mex-American girls who keep in shape and are attractive. Problem with those is that they want to be swept by some Anglo dude (I am Mexican-American). You will find them in college campuses if you are ever curious to find them.

Nah that's true, it's not as bad as I said. I live about 2 hours from the border. The problem, as others have noted, is the more they adopt the American lifestyle the more they start to look like, well, Americans.

I totally redact my statement about Mexican-American chicks.

Quote: (05-30-2015 04:42 PM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

[Image: 1210.gif]

One of the three hottest girls I've ever met was Mexican American (chilango parents). She approached me, we kept talking the whole night, and I somehow found a way to mess it up. I was a really young guy then. At this point in my life, the only mistake I make is not approaching. Live and learn.

Feminism Kills™

Our women are batshit crazy and as Tuth so eloquently stated that adds stress to a man's life and shorten his years too.

And I think it is feminism's influence that is making our broads nuts. They are pressured to suppress their true femininity and act like men and it's making them go mad.

Feminism Kills™

Take care of those titties for me.

Quote: (05-30-2015 12:35 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

There suggestive evidence that those who stay are happier

Quote: (05-30-2015 04:51 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

Quote: (05-30-2015 04:26 PM)Bones707 Wrote:  

Nah that's true, it's not as bad as I said. I live about 2 hours from the border. The problem, as others have noted, is the more they adopt the American lifestyle the more they start to look like, well, Americans.

I totally redact my statement about Mexican-American chicks.

And the other big issue is that they adopt the crappy american culture cliques. Too many chicks who had potential destroyed themselves because they adapt the stereotypical chola crap or they go full blown snarky pseudo anglo girl. Not much left in the others and the ones who are left get swept quickly.

If you're up on the Weston Price dietary info this is not surprising at all.

Western diet/lifestyles are killing us and making girls fatter and uglier.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

The guys gets time away from the wife and kids too. They join soccer leagues, and drink cheap beers on the weekend, while listening to some $20 radio, with his buddies. When a hot bitch walks by, they whistle at her or make no effort at hiding the fact that they're looking directly at her ass. If a guy is acting like a fucking pussy, they call him a fag without fear that someone will get them fired for the "transgression."

American guys used to do that too a lot in the past. It used to be common for men to join bowling leagues and drink with their buddies at neighborhood bars. These days men are expected to come home after work and spend hours with their wife and kid, while sacrificing their bonds with their buddies. Even when an unmarried guy is in a relationship, you see a lot of men give up their friends to spend all their time with their gf. Camraderie among men has declined a lot over the years.

Then people ask why men have become so feminized.

Good articles on the decline of the neighborhood bar:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nati...53065052/1

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2004-01...quor-board

I'm pretty sure bowling is nowhere near as physically active as soccer.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.