rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Basing decisions on emotion

As men, we like to think of ourselves as having mastery over our emotions - a solid grounding in logic when it comes to all of the decisions that we make in our lives, whether they be big or small.

It’s probably fair to say, when it comes to women and encountering what we believe to be our ideal match (i.e. oneitis) even those self-aware of the phenomenon can easily get wrapped up in the emotion of it all, resulting in impulsive decisions that in hindsight can be seen for what they are - reckless.

This isn’t just confined to relationships however.

I want to share with you a recent example of emotion potentially affecting my decision making process, which could have had far-reaching negative consequences in my life.

I recently travelled overseas and had my best experience so far in terms of accommodation. Everything was on point - the amenities of the room, the location, and the customer service (which contributed to the inviting “vibe” of the place). It was literally flawless - an unforgettable experience.

I reached out to the owner of this establishment via email. Knowing that they are a fledgling company, I echoed previous testimonials, affirming their excellence in what they were doing and highlighted their “uniqueness” in what they offered – a recipe for continued growth in the industry.

I went as far as offering my services, in whatever form possible, in order to be part of this growing business. Like a lot of members here, expatriation is in the back of my mind, and this lure was strong.

My appeal was met with similar enthusiasm, and within a couple of weeks I was offered the chance to join their team.

I had an extensive chat with the owner - a highly intelligent, suitably credentialed man. He explained the potential growth of the business, which I had identified in my short stay. It was even more promising than I had thought. What made it so attractive was the offer of being an equity partner, which could potentially be in the many millions within 5 years – the catch being that the only guarantees given in the short-term would be accommodation, food and a small “stipend”, and of course the chance of growing equity. All of this however was not put to me in a formal offer in writing, despite my request to do so.

With the information I had on hand, I still gave the offer some serious thought. Then the red flags dawned on me. The reason why this business is doing so well in the early stages is the promise (albeit, false) of obscene wealth. All of their staff are 100% invested because they’ve been offered such lofty rewards, which they believe the owner will eventually make good on.

With well below minimum wages to cover, the business can then afford to let out rooms at a ridiculously low price, at a standard which approaches 5 star. The staff are incredibly friendly and attentive because they’ve all been sold a lie, due to this charismatic and no doubt sociopathic entrepreneur.

The old saying – “if it’s too good to be true, it probably is” definitely rings true here.

Reading this story you may be thinking that the signs were obvious, however, rational judgement can be clouded by emotion. It’s when we step back, out of the cloud, we can see things for what they really are.

Good post. Buried for quite a while but good.

I am all for "pleasure delaying" - taking a hit now for greater rewards later.

But investing or working on a "promise" of greater returns is a common tactic of the scam artist and manipulator.

MLM products and a lot of businesses get a unfair boost by exploiting the naivety of the young and inexperienced to gain unfair advantage.

I think I'm too red-pilled to ever feel oneitis again.

I haven't felt it literally for years & interacted with a lot of women since.

Once you understand female nature, you can't really unsee it. You can deconstruct every behavior & while some women behave better than others, there is no fooling a red-pill aware man that "love" is a chemical construct of evolution.

Surgically precise game is best game.

-Surgeon