rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cheap accomodation in Hongkong for a longer period

Hey guys,

As I intend to go to Hongkong soon after my graduation in June I would like to ask if anyone can share with me some addresses of cheap accomodation in Hongkong?
Would be renting an Airbnb appartment be the cheapest option for me if I intend to stay longer than 2-3 weeks in HongKong?

Every advice or input is highly appreciated!

Kind regards

Konstantin

How much would you like to pay?

Hotel prices in HK are very low right now. I don't know if AirBnb owners will try to lower their prices or not with the lack of tourist traffic.

What is your price range and comfort level?

HK is also a very big area (much bigger than Kowloon and HK Island). If you stay towards the Chinese U of HK in the central area twenty five minutes north, it should be considerably cheaper, and if you venture towards the Shenzhen border in the Fan Ling/Sheng Shui area, I bet you can find something cheap as well - though it won't be as cheap as being in China. You need to be a bit more specific about a few things - objectives, degree of Chinese understood (Cantonese is optimal of course, but I am not assuming that most posters except native Cantonese speakers can speak any Cantonese).

You could also try towards the south side of HK Island, which is pretty but not very convenient, again, depending on your goals.

And for white guys, couch surfing in HK is a pretty viable option with potential peripheral benefits for social circle game (though quality may be lacking).

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Look into lower tier serviced apartments. Could get something for about 10-12k a month if you look long and hard enough.

Quote: (05-29-2015 05:19 PM)KonstantinAbroad Wrote:  

Hey guys,

As I intend to go to Hongkong soon after my graduation in June I would like to ask if anyone can share with me some addresses of cheap accomodation in Hongkong?
Would be renting an Airbnb appartment be the cheapest option for me if I intend to stay longer than 2-3 weeks in HongKong?

Every advice or input is highly appreciated!

Kind regards

Konstantin

How long do you intend to stay? Longer than 2-3 weeks could be anything from 1 month to a year or even more.

Goto Lamma Island, no cars there. Reachable by ferries from Central. Cheaper houses and not crowded.
Lamma has a highly visible western expat population, both familes and singles.

Op I am from hongkong.

A few things you need to factor into consideration.

How far do you want to be from the Main clubbing distinct ? I.e how far or near from wan chai do you intend to be?

Typhoon season is approaching. Would living. On an island cut off from the main island be a wise choice?

How long would you be willing to commute everyday by MTR?