rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Emotional photo of Marine and bride praying goes viral

Quote:Quote:

A North Carolina photographer captured a special moment between a bride and groom at their wedding near Canton, N.C. on Saturday.

Dwayne Schmidt's picture shows U.S. Marine Corps Cpl. Caleb Earwood and Maggie Earwood praying and holding hands from around a corner, in an effort to avoid seeing each other before the ceremony.

"We were about to take our first steps in life together, and we didn't want to take a step without it being in God's will," Caleb Earwood, 21, told TODAY.com.

"I have photographed a lot of weddings. This has to be one of the best things I have ever got to see much less photograph. Before the ceremony and before they saw each other Caleb said a prayer for their marriage and lives. AWESOME!!!" Schmidt wrote on the Facebook post on May 23, which has more than 6,078 shares and over 38,000 likes.

The couple grew up in Asheville and were high school friends, they told TODAY.com. They started dating two years ago.

Caleb is stationed at Camp Lejeune and has been in the Marines for three years but they both plan to live in Jacksonville, N.C.

Pics of couple:

[Image: 34fik9z.jpg]

Kinda gay. That was my first reaction when I saw this pic pop up this morning. I don't know why. All the stupid traditions of a wedding like "not seeing the bride" kind of turn me off. The fact that it went "viral" on facebook made it 10x more annoying with all the sappy comments.

Well as long as she keeps thin and long hair I hope they have a happy marriage.

It's a nice sentiment.

L M McCoy would have loved this

delete

I would like to hope this marriage last and they stay happy til they are old and grey. The world still has happy couples that stay in love and make it.... not as many as back in the 50's and 60's like your grandparents. The manosphere seems to only focus on and point out the bad in relationships. But there are still some happy couples out there who stay married and stay in love with each other and raise their kids together. Not everyone was built for the player lifestyle and thats a good thing. It takes all kinds of people to run the world. Imagine if everyone was a jacked smooth talking playboy that didn't believe in marriage... the world would be a fucked up place.

Sometimes I think there are a lot of jaded guys in the "manosphere" that only wish to see and point out the bad in the world....

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I've been jaded by engagement and wedding photos shared on social media, how romantic they look and knowing what really went on that day (at least for the weddings where the bride is a raging bitch but looks like she had the most classy and composed/romantic day ever). Its all just smoke and mirrors (these types of pics).

Quote: (05-27-2015 01:34 AM)lowhead360 Wrote:  

She looks like she might be hot. Good on him.

We must be looking at different women; looks frumpy with fat arms to me. 6 at best. WNB unless drunk.

Looks like she's already got a baby bump too.

Good on them, I hope it lasts.

Quote: (05-27-2015 01:44 AM)Drazen Wrote:  

I've been jaded by engagement and wedding photos shared on social media, how romantic they look and knowing what really went on that day (at least for the weddings where the bride is a raging bitch but looks like she had the most classy and composed/romantic day ever). Its all just smoke and mirrors (these types of pics).

Well you got the first sentence correct. So you think every wedding and couple that has ever taken photos of their "magic" day is just smoke and mirrors? Debbie Downer called... I think its for you

Again... you think every wedding that has ever taken place the bride was a bitchy nightmare that day? I have been to weddings that ended in 2 months and I have been to weddings that the couple is still together and happy and they were happy and truly having the best night of their life on their wedding day...

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (05-27-2015 01:50 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Well you got the first sentence correct. So you think every wedding and couple that has ever taken photos of their "magic" day is just smoke and mirrors? Debbie Downer called... I think its for you

Again... you think every wedding that has ever taken place the bride was a bitchy nightmare that day? I have been to weddings that ended in 2 months and I have been to weddings that the couple is still together and happy and they were happy and truly having the best night of their life on their wedding day...

I just don't see the big deal about this photo. Is it because he's in his Marine uniform that makes it more "sentimental"? Is it because yesterday was Memorial Day and people are all "rah rah America"? There are millions of photos like this out there, why does this elicit any emotion or get anyone who doesn't know them to give a damn?

Its a staged photo, the original photo had the photographer's watermark on it. They probably cared more about the photo than the prayer.

Debbie Downer called... I think its for you

Based on Drazen's reponse, he should be called Debbie Double-Downer.

Cr33pin, if you're persistent, you could press the issue so hard that Drazen becomes Debbie Pentuple Downer, (or some other numerical word that I'm too lazy to Google). [Image: banana.gif]

I'm bored by the photograph and the related "news," but this thread is thoroughly entertaining.

I'm the King of Beijing!

What's the point of being a Marine?
Is it more or less stupid than to marry?

Quote: (05-27-2015 12:55 AM)JungleGeorge Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

"We were about to take our first steps in life together, and we didn't want to take a step without it being in God's will," Caleb Earwood, 21, told TODAY.com.
Isn't that the point of the actual wedding ceremony (or Sacrament for Catholics)?

Sounds like the kid was just getting cold feet. Considering the state of women today, I don't blame him.

Here's a question for the forum's religious philosophers: if you are busy posing for a photograph, is God listening?

I'm glad that God got back to them right away and let them know that it was his will, so they were able to go ahead with the ceremony. It's too bad that they were so busy in the months leading up to the wedding ceremony to ask God for his opinion previously, but fortunately that managed to slip it in at the last minute when a camera was on the scene.

Personally, I'd opt for doing the prayer thing (just to make sure that it is really God's will to move forward) long before spending all that money on gown, rentals, flowers and catering. These two young people are lucky that God said "yes, get married" when they finally prayed to him at the last minute, because if he'd said "no" they would have been out of a lot of cash all for nothing and all of the wedding gifts would have been returned.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (05-27-2015 02:47 AM)captndonk Wrote:  

I suppose it gives you the opportunity to be a tough guy in the real world, rather than just on the internet.

Quote: (05-27-2015 02:20 AM)MMX2010 Wrote:  

Debbie Downer called... I think its for you

Based on Drazen's reponse, he should be called Debbie Double-Downer.

Cr33pin, if you're persistent, you could press the issue so hard that Drazen becomes Debbie Pentuple Downer, (or some other numerical word that I'm too lazy to Google). [Image: banana.gif]

He's entitled to his opinion. No need to be immature about it.

We're meant to be men discussing things in a sensible manner. Encouraging school yard type insults is not masculine.

It's a 'viral' photo of a cheesy scene, a little cynicism is not a bad thing in these situations.

Quote: (05-27-2015 03:55 AM)H1N1 Wrote:  

I suppose it gives you the opportunity to be a tough guy in the real world, rather than just on the internet.

Well, you let others use you as a tool to kill. And of course you take all the risks.
Even if they don't get hit directly or poisened they will have a good chance to get mental problems.

But of course you get a nice uniform and lots of propaganda movies which glorify you.

Quote: (05-27-2015 04:25 AM)captndonk Wrote:  

Well, you let others use you as a tool to kill. And of course you take all the risks.
Even if they don't get hit directly or poisened they will have a good chance to get mental problems.

But of course you get a nice uniform and lots of propaganda movies which glorify you.

Ok fella.

Suits, you are 100% correct. Why would someone wait until the very last moment to pray to God? Apart from making no sense, it also tells of their devotion.

There is a verse in the bible where Jesus said that one should not tell people that they gave to someone, that it should be between them and God. I apply this to a lot of things, including (self) prayer. This is another form of attention grabbing. A religious man should start praying the second he meets a woman that ends up starting a relationship with.

I do wish the couple well.

Quote: (05-27-2015 05:26 AM)Class-8 Wrote:  

Why would someone wait until the very last moment to pray to God?

In theory God abides in a higher dimension and therefore isn't constrained by time. He would see all events in history at once, so it wouldn't matter when you prayed.

Quote: (05-27-2015 04:25 AM)captndonk Wrote:  

I'd tell you to tread carefully with how you to express your opinions but this is the internet... No accountability here.

Quote: (05-27-2015 01:34 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

I would like to hope this marriage last and they stay happy til they are old and grey. The world still has happy couples that stay in love and make it.... not as many as back in the 50's and 60's like your grandparents. The manosphere seems to only focus on and point out the bad in relationships. But there are still some happy couples out there who stay married and stay in love with each other and raise their kids together. Not everyone was built for the player lifestyle and thats a good thing. It takes all kinds of people to run the world. Imagine if everyone was a jacked smooth talking playboy that didn't believe in marriage... the world would be a fucked up place.

Sometimes I think there are a lot of jaded guys in the "manosphere" that only wish to see and point out the bad in the world....

Most men are not fit to be Players. But I think that majority would have nothing against having a loving wife and the occasional mistress in secret or affair.