rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Seeing a different side of women once you speak the local language fluently

Ok, maybe I'm an outlier here but I have an honest question. I've been here in russia for the last year and a half. Yeah its been great, I've learned a lot, blah blah. But one thing I have really noticed about being fluent now in Russian is that the girls are hardly better than American girls and in many ways worse. I am treated in everyday situations by strangers wonderfully as a a fluent speaker of Russian here in Moscow but I can't help but notice that the girls while initially loving the fact that I speak Russian, quickly begin to treat me like a Russian. And thats not a good thing, these women are brutal to men, alpha or not, treating them like they know nothing, nagging incessantly, etc... If we talk about how Russians see and view money, thats another story thats absolutely ridiculous. I never had these problems before but since speaking Russian relatively well, and excellent compared to the other foreigners here, I see a whole different side of these girls. Roosh alluded to this once in a post somewhere that as his Russian got better he realized that girls talked about the same ridiculous things as American girls, he just couldn't understand before.

What kind of experiences do you guys have with girls after speaking the language well, any difference in the way girls treat you?

I speak Russian fluently and have never been treated in the ways you describe by Russian women. That being said, women are women, and no nationality is a panacea. Each country has their own issues, and they will start to wear on you over time. Nagging is a female genetic trait I'm sure.

What do you mean about being "brutal?" They don't respect you? Russian women tend to respect men who are highly educated and accomplished. Alternatively, they will also respect men who are strong in other ways. But you do have to be strong somehow. I find the idea of them thinking they know more than me humorous, because I have actually found them quite naive in certain aspects, although very sophisticated in others.

What are your specific personal experiences?

Its mostly like you said, they think they know more than me.
I have a question are you a native speaker of Russian? Your experiences will be much different since you aren't experiencing the cultural differences over the period of time you are learning. You would have seen them at face value first, and I still agree they are better than western women but when I didn't speak Russian well they seemed on another level. Of course thats naive but it was my experience. I was just looking not for specific Russian experiences but those of before and after learning a language. Were the women the same to you?

I'm also basing this on not only my own relationship but on those all around me, how women speak to men here in Russia is far from ideal for the man. You can go to any shopping mall and hear what the women say to men.

Yes that is why I lost the belief that Mexican women are more loyal than other women of other Hispanic nationalities. If you know the language and the culture well, those type of myths will usually go down the drain. There are some exceptions based on circumstances, though.

I used to think Norwegian women were fun, exciting and had an interesting culture. Then I learned Norwegian.... Turns out they just have a nice smile and look pretty. They are, by far, the most boring people on the planet!

The less fucks you give, the more fucks you get.

Quote: (05-06-2015 12:08 PM)Menace Wrote:  

Women are women, and no nationality is a panacea

[Image: potd.gif]

Quote: (05-06-2015 12:38 PM)matthewshannon9 Wrote:  

Its mostly like you said, they think they know more than me.
I have a question are you a native speaker of Russian? Your experiences will be much different since you aren't experiencing the cultural differences over the period of time

Yes, I'm a native speaker and from the culture, so you're probably right, the experience would be different.

I wouldn't get too hung up on it. In my experience every woman, now matter how great at the beginning, will be found lacking in some major ways. It's almost inevitable I think, especially if you have experience in life/women/etc.

You don't see Russian men going gaga over how amazing their women are, and I think that is instructive.

I'm purposefully not learning Polish in part because:

1. I don't want to understand what people around me say in public (e.g. in a crowded cafe while I work/read).

2. When girls are forced to speak English to me, it reduces their overall chat volume and also prevents them from whining/complaining/nagging effortlessly like in their native language.

We all have slightly different personalities when speaking a second language compared to our first. When girls speak their native language, we can safely assume they will be most overbearing/annoying.

Quote: (05-06-2015 02:35 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

2. When girls are forced to speak English to me, it reduces their overall chat volume and also prevents them from whining/complaining/nagging effortlessly like in their native language.

This.
Probably the best explanation of why I have had such a great time with foreign women in their countries, and here in Murica.....

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

delete

Speaking the language will open up many doors but can lead to problems. Some girls have told me after the first bang that they wouldn't have been open initially if I didn't speak German, they're too shy/embarrassed speaking English otherwise. LTR's are pretty much an inevitable failure without learning the local language, as girls will consider you a passing tourist rather than a viable long-term partner. With European girls, a solid combination of alpha/beta behavior is needed and learning a language is a sign of stability and commitment.

The main negative, as others have said, is that you're activating a second personality and your game will be off.

I think it would be a better world if all we would do is just grunt, massage and groan... with our communication with woman, like Linux in Colombia. I think he is the happiest man in this forum hehe.

Personally I find it too bothersome to live in a country and not speak or understand the local language. To be honest - it pisses me off even after a week and I start to learn it.

As far as Russian girls - they have their own weaknesses as well - you just have to read the reports and talk with local guys, of the rampant gold-digging, also the very early carousel riding (in some areas in the Ukraine and Russia starting around 14 - they just went through their slutty phase earlier) etc. If you are not dominant enough, then you get shit a lot faster by a Russian woman. On the other hand I have witnessed how one started crying as I did not feel like tasting the soup she prepared - it was that important to her. That is also something you do not see in Western women. You also don't see total happy submission to a masculine man as if it is the most natural thing in the world.

Apart from that - women are women - especially if you start to have LTRs with EE girls then the usual frame control, hypergamy etc. appears just as with any woman on earth. I don't think that female nature is different in that respect anywhere on earth. Nevertheless nationalities, cultures and races of course have their own strengths, weaknesses and inherent differences. We are not all identical.

What you experience my friend is being treated like a Russian! (As you pointed out yourself). Russians in general are the rudest people on earth. However they treat foreigners much much better. Both ,men and women are guilty of that. You know why life expectancy is so low in Russia? Because of constant stress! They are barking like dogs at each other! And once you become fluent in Russian and thus become one of them - you'll lose your pink glasses and start seeing them for who they really are!
These people are ignoring their kind abroad - it should tell you something.

We all have slightly different personalities when speaking a second language compared to our first. When girls speak their native language, we can safely assume they will be most overbearing/annoying.

This is true. For some reason, I can't really take what the American lizards say to me seriously. Coupled with the fact that they stagger slightly on my English terms i.e. I had a lizard the other week get on her defense when I stated I was a bit knackered (she thought I was explicitly stating that I wanted to fcuk), hearing them speak to me in a second language lessens the potentially annoying blow of gibberish.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

1. I don't want to understand what people around me say in public (e.g. in a crowded cafe while I work/read).

RVF Traveler's Starter Kit, 2010:
1. Local language tutor
2. Centrally-located apartment to enable multi-restaurant and multi-bar date venue-shifting

RVF Traveler's Starter Kit, 2015:
1. American (or country of origin) accent coach, to make sure you keep it gringo when you do have to deign to say things like "gracias" (GRAW-see-OSS) or "xie xie" (SHAY SHAY).
2. Easily find-able apartment or hotel for zero date bangs

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (05-07-2015 11:22 AM)Kabal Wrote:  

RVF Traveler's Starter Kit, 2010:
1. Local language tutor
2. Centrally-located apartment to enable multi-restaurant and multi-bar date venue-shifting

RVF Traveler's Starter Kit, 2015:
1. American (or country of origin) accent coach, to make sure you keep it gringo when you do have to deign to say things like "gracias" (GRAW-see-OSS) or "xie xie" (SHAY SHAY).
2. Easily find-able apartment or hotel for zero date bangs

3. Linux's no-foreign-language-Game - a new frontier in Game: "When there is nothing to talk about you can only fuck."

The more i lived in France the more I realized french girls at a young age are not much different than american and quebecers..especially the girls from Paris..in provinces they are a tad nicer...but I realized when I spoke only english or my friends were speaking broken french or using their english they acted differently and more fun

I want to try to game only in english but listen to what they say in french and answer exactly what they want...like in "what a girl want"..actually I did this on my first trip in Montenegro with an australian dude on 3 french girls and we made out with them all night

I have been living in Moscow and Minsk for 3,5 years now and I agree that when you learn the language you lose the illusion that those girls living here are really different. A woman is a woman and as the world gets more global they become more and more the same. Their conversations with each other and the shit they say to you is still unbearable.

Yeah but these girls usually think when I speak english that i'm american...it would never work in QC though because girls are quiter better at discerning the accents and have an higher level of english

Quote: (05-06-2015 12:00 PM)matthewshannon9 Wrote:  

the girls are hardly better than American girls

OP, when was the last time you were in the US? Off the top of my head;

Russian women are hotter
Russian women are thirsty, and feel urgency to land a good man
Russia women are more feminine
Russian women are slim
Russian women are staunchy anti-feminist
Russian women dress sexy
Russian women sacrifice everything for their husband and family
Phone numbers from Russian women almost always follow up

Bonus; Russian men don't cockblock

These are significant differences, unrelated to language. Being fluent in Russian won't undo them.

Try going back to the US for a month. After 1.5 years away, I'm sure your current perspective is a case of taking them for granted.