rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Meeting a girl for first time with her friend?

Haven't ran into this situation before but I'm pretty sure this is a newbie question: Been talking to a girl on Tinder for a couple days. Suggested getting drinks sometime this week. She replied immediately saying she's going to a movie tonight with a friend and asked if I wanted to join.

I believe I've read before that you should never meet a girl for the first time if it's not only you two on the "date." I figure if I make a good impression tonight, she could feel more comfortable and warm up easy if we were to meet alone the next time. (especially if I charm her friend too).

Some info if it helps: I'm in Western Europe, but from North America, mid-late twenties. She's Spanish doing an internship here, 24 years old.

Usually I like making my own calls and seeing what happens as a result but feel asking some questions here and there can't hurt. Any advice on if I should accept or pass on the invitation are appreciated!

Generally not a good idea, but if you'd like to watch that movie anyway and have nothing else to do, might as well go.

she's probably interested but some girls feel more comfortable meeting a guy with a friend. These girls will take a long time to crack. I agree with going if you have nothing better to do tonight.

You have to do stuff on your own terms to be seen as master and commander

What's your alternative? If you don't have anything more interesting lined up, go for it and meet them both. Making friends with girls leads you to their other friends, ie more girls. Also a really experienced player once told me that being cool with a girl's friends makes the girl more likely to want to fuck you. In my experience that is totally true.

Don't let pride and a desire to command the situation prevent you from meeting two girls instead of sitting around your apartment jerking off.

3way

A problem even bigger than the friend is the movie. Going to the movies is close to the worst date idea imaginable. If it is something social like going to a music festival or something, the friend would not be that big of an issue.

I would only go if the movie is relatively early and you can transition to something else (drinks) and you really have nothing better to do.

If the night is meet up at the theater, go watch the movie, and then go home alone, you can only lose points.

Quote: (05-03-2015 12:44 PM)FoxRocks Wrote:  

A problem even bigger than the friend is the movie. Going to the movies is close to the worst date idea imaginable.

Yeah agree with that, but knew that going in. Thanks to all for the comments. More or less what I was thinking but helped make up my mind.

I ended up going, wasn't too bad. She was nervous at first (don't think she was confident in english) and her friend probably chatted me up more haha. She was a bit more enthusiastic after the movie though and gave me big kiss on the cheek when parting ways. She also mentioned meeting up for drinks next time. If it leads to something, cool. If not, no big deal. In conclusion I don't think going hurt my chances if I decide to pursue.

I'll update if anything interesting happens.

[Image: latest?cb=20120912035854&sa=X&ei=Hj9HVbG...pavbu0-6lA]

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

A 2v1 date is stupid/difficult. You should have brought a friend.

Quote: (05-04-2015 07:46 AM)CH-Toronto Wrote:  

A 2v1 date is stupid/difficult. You should have brought a friend.

That's how it's done. I refuse to be the only guy in a group. If a girl suggests it, I tell her that I'd love to meet her friends, but that I never hang out in mixed groups of three people.

If you can't line up a friend, blow it off. Without having met her, you don't know if she's worth the "friendship" that might result and it's better to wait until you can meet her one-on-one, so that you're interactions can start off on the right food to set you up for the bang, because that might be all that you want out of this in the end.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Meeting a friend briefly may be acceptable, but not preferable. It is like a second opinion on buying a home, human nature makes us take a contrarian stance to have a value added purpose of being there. That's why brokers hate second opinions on real estate. If your girl likes you, the friend may have a very arbitrary reason to disqualify you. It could be your socks or your hair.

So, no it is a bad idea.