rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which major American city provides the best value for single men?

I realize that DC, where I grew up and live now, is not well liked on this forum. While it seems that many feel that NYC provides the best opportunities for single men in America, if I were to make the effort to move I would want my cost of living to go down and my wages to not go down as much so that I saw my real income rise. NYC will not provide that. While I want girls in my life, I would also like to see more money in my bank account at the end of the month.

Where in American can I move where it is good for single men, but the cost of living isn't out of this world and one has a reasonable hope of getting a decent job?

Chicago - yep good choice compared to other major metro's...but it gets cold
Dallas -excellent choice
Houston-solid choice esp for cost of living
Kansas City - a fucking dump...don't even (st louis - detroit as well)
Atlanta - excellent choice..can not go wrong...but the traffic is crazy
Tampa Bay - fuck no...
San Antonio - cost of living is great - women fuck no
Nashville -starting to sizzle...could be a great choice..i've heard nothing but good things from my friends
Charlotte - tight labor market..everybody moved down in the 90's - 2000's...cost of living is good and the women are good
Oklahoma City - it's Oklahoma..mobile home capital..nope

also consider
Austin, Phoenix, South Florida although the job market is tight, and New Orleans

Quote: (05-23-2011 05:48 PM)Caramel Communist Wrote:  

Dallas -excellent choice
Tampa Bay - fuck no...
Nashville -starting to sizzle...could be a great choice..i've heard nothing but good things from my friends
Charlotte - tight labor market..everybody moved down in the 90's - 2000's...cost of living is good and the women are good

also consider
Austin, Phoenix, South Florida although the job market is tight, and New Orleans

Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. Glad to here that Dallas and Houston are good. I'm a bit surprised and let down by San Antonio. I wonder what happens w/OK City - all the girls who I meet in DC from there are usually very cute.

Just so you know, the cities that I picked were intentional. They were cities with relatively small or no real estate bubbles (either current or in the past), and seem to not have been completely trashed by the recession. Hence, I deliberately left out Austin, Phoenix, S Fl, and New Orleans.

Charlotte has been getting buzz lately.

We got a data sheet on Nashville: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1749.html

Chicago is the best "big time" city in America on a discount.

Fly girls, good art, good nightlife, cool people and great food.

Real estate is mad cheap too.

I would consider moving there.

Chicago would be GREAT if it didnt get so damn cold!! Being from the south I would freeze to death!

Charlotte is pretty good. Wide mix of nightlife and girls to swoop!

I should prob drop a data sheet on it.

I've heard from numerous people that Austin is a great city to live in. I've never been there but I plan to visit eventually. Chicago's a great city but it does get cold in the winter. Right now I'm living in Toronto which is a great place to live during the summer but horrible during winter.

I've NEVER heard anyone say the women in San Antone aren't good. Every guy I know has good things to say about them. I lived there for about 8 yrs and every time I go visit, I notice they're more friendly and easier to approach than here.

I wouldn't just move to a city down here without a job waiting. We already have plenty of out of staters unemployed because they thought we have jobs out the ass. No connections=no job

Speak -

"I dunno, but it sure as hell ain't Los Angeles. Expensive and probably the most attitude of any place other than South Beach. Even 5s here act like they are 8s."

The attitude in LA is way, way worse than South Beach on average. Not even comparable.

"I still haven't been to Chicago. I hear it's got all the amenities of NYC, but with way less attitude and much cheaper. Worth a look for sure."

Way, way less attitude and much, much cheaper.

Its not even comparable.

Quote: (05-23-2011 05:48 PM)Caramel Communist Wrote:  

Dallas -excellent choice
Tampa Bay - fuck no...

also consider
Dallas and Houston over Tampa bay? Are you kidding?

I'm living in Chicago and am generally quite pleased with it. Winter sucks as everyone else has pointed out but the cost of living is less than other major metro areas, nightlife is solid, talent is decent, food is great, people are pretty chill and girls have little attitude not requiring as much dick game. Plus on the flip side of the shitty winter, Chicago summers are awesome and you won't be sweating your balls off every day like you would in somewhere like Miami.

how nice would it be if you could combine the city of Chicago, with the weather of southern Cali, with the beaches and women of Miami!

Quote: (05-24-2011 01:16 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

how nice would it be if you could combine the city of Chicago, with the weather of southern Cali, with the beaches and women of Miami!

Tell me where that is and I will move there.

Another caveat:

Winter weather of Miami, Summer weather of Southern California.

Anyone know it?

Quote: (05-24-2011 01:41 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Another caveat:

Anyone know it?

If such location was found, Id hate to see the prices after the word got out...............

Quote: (05-24-2011 01:41 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Another caveat:

Anyone know it?

I would say ATL is the closest thing to what you guys are talking about. Sans the beaches.

ATL is sans the weather too.

One more caveat:

Car not necessary.

Quote: (05-24-2011 02:29 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

ATL is sans the weather too.

One more caveat:

Car not necessary.

I've heard good things about Dallas - great weather, sexy girls. It may have cooler winters than first thought though, like ATL.

Hmmm...No car could be a real back breaker in the search.

When we talk about value for single men, there needs to be a diversity of women. For instance, some of my friends when I mentioned places like Atlanta, weren't into so much chocolate so they kind of poo pooh'ed that as a point of interest.

Also, some of my friends are largely into Asian women so if there is a low amount of Asian women in some of these cities, they may not rate them as high as men into the types of women where there is a great abundance.

Has this been taken into consideration during the ranking process?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Northern Cali, NY, and Miami prob are most diverse in terms of women

Interesting thread, thanks!

I am very familiar with Kansas City. Good place to raise a family, horrible place to be single. Not many available young pretty women, poor attitudes, parochial mentality. Nightlife is atomized. There is little sense of community, other than sports worship. Strike it from consideration.

Surprised New Orleans merits no consideration. Great mix of culture, food, music, freedom to do as you please, and winning combination of friendly, cute locals and drunk, debauchery-seeking tourists. Probably my favorite city in the U.S., I have visited many times (I live in NYC).

New Orleans interests me alot! Def need to check it out sometime!

If I could live in any city in California it would be San Francisco. I use to live there during college and a year after college. I'm living in San Diego temporarily and I will be going back east for a job. San Francisco is a pretty small city in size so it's easy to get around without a car but you would need to a car if you want to explore the bay area. San Francisco has a laid back culture and the people are pretty chill. Sometimes the super liberal people can be annoying though.

I wrote a data sheet on the nightlife options and I enjoy going out in SF more than San Diego and LA. SF is very diverse and has all different types of people. They also have very good restaurants and ethnic food. If you like to smoke weed it is chill I've never heard of a SF cops harassing people for small amounts of weed. You have tons of nightlife options in SF and there are a lot of girls from the East Bay or South Bay you could meet so it isn't just SF. Also SF doesn't have the obnoxious crowd of So Cal with the dudes that rock Tap Out and have lifted trucks.

As far as Asian women I think S.F. has tons of them. Go to clubs near Union Square or downtown and you will see a lot of fine women. I think the Bay Area is really diverse so you can meet girls from all different races/ethnicities. The finest black women I met were from the East Bay either from Oakland or Vallejo. I don't know to much about other cities in the U.S. outside of CA but I'm interested in seeing what Chicago is like.

Tony snow -

"I wrote a data sheet on the nightlife options and I enjoy going out in SF more than San Diego and LA."

Donde? Post the link!

As far as New Orleans is concerned, my love affair with that city is well documented: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2010/02/mar...o-way.html

I have never lived there, but I was real close to buying a house there right before Katrina.