rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman lies about having, beating terminal brain cancer, blames her mother

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people...94764.html

Quote:Quote:

Belle Gibson, the Australian blogger who amassed a huge fanbase after telling people she cured terminal brain cancer by following a vegetable-heavy diet, has admitted she faked her illness.

Gibson finally admitted: "No. None of it’s true."

The 26-year-old had gained an enormous social media following after speaking emotionally about her struggle with the illness, and was due to release a book with Penguin and an app, both called The Whole Pantry.

Publication was halted when doubts about Gibson's illness surfaced after she failed to donate $300,000 from the app sales to charity as she had previously promised.

"I am still jumping between what I think I know and what is reality," she explained to The Australian Women's Weekly. "I have lived it and I’m not really there yet,"

"I think my life has just got so many complexities around it and within it, that it’s just easier to assume [I’m lying]," she said.

"If I don’t have an answer, then I will sort of theorise it myself and come up with one. I think that’s an easy thing to often revert to if you don’t know what the answer is."

What the fuck did I just read? Does she think that sounds convincing?

In an old interview, Gibson claimed the "power of fruits [and] vegetables" helped her overcome a terminal cancer diagnosis, which she said had left her with just six weeks to live.

In the latest interview, Gibson claimed that her difficult upbringing was a factor in her lying about having cancer.

"When I started school, my mum went: 'My daughter is grown up now'. All of a sudden I was walking to school on my own, making school lunches and cleaning the house every day," she said.

"It was my responsibility to do grocery shopping, do the washing, arrange medical appointments and pick up my brother. I didn’t have any toys."

She declined to name her mother in the interview, and said they were estranged.

Is she saying her mother made her do the grocery shopping after the first day of elementary school?

[b]Gibson, who is mother to a four-year-old boy, had said she was given the first devastating diagnosis of the brain tumour in 2009 and in July 2014 went on to claim she had cancer of the blood, spleen, brain, uterus and liver. Her inspiring story captured the imagination of the public, because she said she had beaten her symptoms with healthy eating and holistic treatments.

During interviews, people would often remark on how healthy she looked despite her illness.

The Whole Pantry speaks of a "'back to basics' approach to nutrition; natural medicine and healing, fitness, wellbeing and environmental sustainability". Gibson credited a gluten-free diet full of fresh fruit and vegetables, using very few dairy products. Recipes include "detox water" and quinoa, almond and ricotta "meatballs" with courgette pasta.

Some of Gibson's unhappy customers, who had paid $3.79 to download the app, have asked for their money back following the deception.

No mention of husband in the article.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia

I'd like to see the demographics of those who donated money to her.

A fool and her money..

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

[Image: Belle_Gibson_7.jpg]
Would deceive, then bang

Women are fucking delusional

[Image: giphy.gif]

TEAM VASECTOMY

How ignorant do you have to be to believe someone with terminal brain cancer and six weeks to live could beat it with fruits and vegetables?

Adopting a better diet and making sure you get essential vitamins and minerals through good food and juicing can cut the risk of you developing diseases and even get rid of some minor ones like diabetes (partly through weight loss) but no food in the world will save you from terminal brain cancer.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Quote: (04-22-2015 04:31 PM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

How ignorant do you have to be to believe someone with terminal brain cancer and six weeks to live could beat it with fruits and vegetables?

Look at the 'Spirituality' section of any Bookstore. You won't find any religious texts.

In the latest interview, Gibson claimed that her difficult upbringing was a factor in her lying about having cancer.

Once again, my Fourth Rule of Predicting Female Behaviour: "How can I deflect any negative criticism of my socially-transgressive choices?"

Gibson claimed that her difficult upbringing was a factor in her lying about having cancer.

"I'm the real victim!"

I really should write these up properly.

A fun game: how many slut tells can you see?

I'm the King of Beijing!

She said she was diagnosed in 2009. She didn't confess until 2015. She has a four year old son. Her followers at the time bought her story about having a kid in 2010 or 2011 while battling terminal cancer? Con artist game recognized.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia

Waiting for the Jezebel/Gawker piece about how in spite of this story you should still believe strangers asking for money on the internet.

Also part of the article:

Gibson says the public backlash against her has been “horrible”.

“In the last two years I have worked every single day living and raising up an online community of people who supported each other ... I understand the confusion and the suspicion, but I also know that people need to draw a line in the sand where they still treat someone with some level of respect or humility — and I have not been receiving that.”

But Gibson says she doesn’t want forgiveness.

Wow, all I read was 'I'm a cheat and stole your monies, I deserve respect!'

I would lie about that bright light being from a video camera while I banged her.

Also, I like the slut tell game I see:
- tattoo
- nose ring
- pictures of her slamming booze
- pathological lying

She may not have brain cancer but I bet she'll get some HPV/cervical cancer from the number of dick's she's taken.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (04-22-2015 08:17 PM)devilution Wrote:  

Also part of the article:

[i]Gibson says the public backlash against her has been “horrible”.
This one hits close to home. Really close to home.

Go ahead, make up some fake story about having cancer.

Fuck that cunt.

Yeah, I'm righteously pissed off.

I wonder what is the next frontier in attention whoring ™.

Deus vult!

Been following this story for the last coupla months being Aussie.

I called this in my mind at the first instance of reading about all this.

I have no sympathy for her sycophants or the rest getting 'blown away' by the revelation she was lying. It reeked of bullshit, attention whoring & blatant con artistry from the get go. None of it ever stacked up under even the slightest scrutiny.

Oh & WNB. I don't even engage with crazy let alone stick it.

The hamster wheels are still spinning hard:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/...7316543644

I think we’re wondering about whether we can feel sorry for Belle not so much because she conned vulnerable people — after all, that’s unfortunately not so uncommon is it? — but because we can identify with what she’s done.

Yes, just the other day I made a hundred grand off telling people utter bullshit about the power of Frenzal Rhomb to bring you into unity with God. Can totally identify with her.

I think we’re wondering if we deserve compassion for our own lies. Do we even know why we tell the lies we do? The ones we tell in order to get hired or laid

Whatwhatwaaaaaat? Men aren't allowed to lie to get laid!

...the ones we tell on Facebook, in photos, when we call in sick. The ones we tell our partners, our children, our parents, our friends. All the lies we tell in order to gain advantage and to protect ourselves from shame, punishment or loss.

Note the rephrasing of language: that lying is about "protecting" yourself from shame, punishment, or loss. It isn't. Every single one of these lies is avoiding shame, punishment, or loss, which are all richly deserved if you lie about them.

Belle Gibson deserves our compassion whether or not she meets the criteria for a diagnosable mental illness. Offering that compassion doesn’t mean absolving her of the responsibility of defrauding and betraying thousands of vulnerable people.

Well, actually it does: because the moment you feel compassion for someone who's done irreparable harm, you're inclined to go easier on her. Which is what she's doing.

She deserves our compassion because the life she built was not a life you would wish on your worst enemy. The more we lie the worse we feel about ourselves.

The phrase is "hoist by your own petard." And I see precious little indication she was feeling anything bad about herself before she got caught out. Sociopaths don't, in any real sense, have feelings -- and therefore no compunctions about lying.

And the worse we feel about ourselves, the more we lie. And lies of course leave us alone and apart, as Belle Gibson no doubt is at this very moment. How sad is that?

I'd say it's about as sad as Lance Armstrong's present, but richly deserved, position as a pariah in sport if not in society generally -- and where were the fawning female masses offering sympathy for him when he confessed?

This, of course, coming from a counsellor/psychotherapist, a.k.a. the one person on the planet paid to rationalise your shit behaviour more than your lawyer will.

That said, it's institutional too. Cosmopolitan awarded her the "Fun Fearless Female" Award of 2011 (user-voted) but have said they won't be taking the prize back because, get this, "They're about supporting women through triumph or adversity."

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

She deserves our compassion because the life she built was not a life you would wish on your worst enemy.

Built? are you fucking kidding me?!

She dreamt up a pity party & suckered a whole lot of gullible fools.

I really wish she had cancer now. It would be just desserts. This come from a man who nursed his father (& packed his wounds daily) through the last 2.5 years of his life after receiving a cancer diagnosis.

Fuck this cunt.

But anger aside, it should serve as a great learning lesson to those who are still pedestallising pussy, male or female.

She's a fucking socioipath.

I think we’re wondering about whether we can feel sorry for Belle not so much because she conned vulnerable people — after all, that’s unfortunately not so uncommon is it? — but because we can identify with what she’s done.

Dammit, they're beating to me to it. For a woman to pull off a successful Rule #4, she has to trigger female solipsism: the women hearing of her crime have to emotionally-identify with her excuse, so can then easily-imagine herself in their position, then, fearing potential punishment for something they could imagine themselves doing, downplay her transgression entirely to cover their own arses in the future, because they're cowards.

This process is how women continually degrade the morals of any functional society.

This, of course, coming from a counsellor/psychotherapist, a.k.a. the one person on the planet paid to rationalise your shit behaviour more than your lawyer will.

It's was a once-noble field utterly-destroyed by the entry of women, who pop-psychologised it, made it feels-friendly, and needed the social approval of their patients.

The Psychologist in question: WNEET (Would Not Experience Erotic-Transference).

[Image: image-20150106-18600-119idii.jpg]

[Image: ON2Reqo.gif]

Someone from the cancer ward probably said "Sorry, I don't remember you being there, but you did come up to me afterwards to ask what happened."

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

What crime committed by a woman will the women's press not defend?

"In an old interview, Gibson claimed the "power of fruits [and] vegetables" helped her overcome a terminal cancer diagnosis, which she said had left her with just six weeks to live."

Why is it always "fruits and vegetables?" Or "whole foods?" How cliched is that?

I'd have taken her side if she had come up with something clever and original like: "In an old interview, Gibson claimed a diet of nothing but Little Debbie cakes helped her overcome a terminal cancer diagnosis..."

Moral: If you're gonna be a liar and thief, at least be original and/or amusing about it.
[Image: little-debbies.jpg]

Thank you gentlemen for continuing to point out the sociopathy of not only women-in-general, but especially the media-itself and the psychotherapy industry. Bosch, I'd rep you again if I could.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/cancer-blog...d=30526980

"I don't want forgiveness," the Australian Women's Weekly reported her saying. "I just think [speaking out] was the responsible thing to do. Above anything, I would like people to say, 'OK, she's human.'"

Quote:Ayn Rand Wrote:

“It’s only human,' you cry in defense of any depravity, reaching the stage of self-abasement where you seek to make the concept 'human' mean the weakling, the fool, the rotter, the liar, the failure, the coward, the fraud, and to exile from the human race the hero, the thinker, the producer, the inventor, the strong, the purposeful, the pure—as if 'to feel' were human, but to think were not, as if to fail were human, but to succeed were not, as if corruption were human, but virtue were not—as if the premise of death were proper to man, but the premise of life were not.”

Quote: (04-23-2015 11:21 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

"In an old interview, Gibson claimed the "power of fruits [and] vegetables" helped her overcome a terminal cancer diagnosis, which she said had left her with just six weeks to live."

Why is it always "fruits and vegetables?" Or "whole foods?" How cliched is that?

I'd have taken her side if she had come up with something clever and original like: "In an old interview, Gibson claimed a diet of nothing but fresh semen helped her overcome a terminal cancer diagnosis..."

Moral: If you're gonna be a liar and thief, at least be original and/or amusing about it.
Fixed that for you...

Bosch what is rule #1-4?