rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Nutrition: How many calories do you guys eat in a day?

I bounce between 2000 to 2500 per day and try to do a 40 percent carb/30 fat/ 30 protein split...

I lift 3x a week/ run 12 miles a week/box/bodyweight HIT

How about you guys?

right now I aim for about 2,500 calories a day since I'm cutting. I weigh 185lbs, 6'0" tall. Lift 3x/week and also walk a lot, sometimes I do cardio. I aim to eat 185-200g of protein per day and about 100g fat per day. The rest carbs. I've been eating a bit less than 2,500 calories a day though since I want to cut fat faster (I realize 500 less than maintenance level is healthiest). When my body fat is low enough and my abs are visible without having to flex then I'll start bulking up again.

I'm trying to cut some BF as well, I'm shooting for 2580 calories a day. around 230 carbs, 230 p and 80ish f. I Crossfit and lift 4-6 days a week and do a lot of walking everyday. 6'01" 235

Recovering from surgery so completely sedentary at the moment. Because of that...1,700 calories per day [Image: sad.gif]

How do you guys determine how many calories you're consuming? Do you literally weigh your ingredients before every meal?

This thread makes me think that something might be wrong with me... I'm trying to get 2800 to 3000 calories per day to get some size. I'm following the 40% carb/30% prots/ 30% fat. Right now i'm bouncing between 144 lbs to 150 lbs. I can't seem to get to 155. I'm lifting 3 times per week and I'm running 3 times per week (right now i'm doing 12 miles per week and I'm increasing my distance cause i'm training for a marathon in september) and my height is 5'5''...

No ugly women, just lazy women.

Quote: (04-22-2015 03:44 PM)Fast Eddie Wrote:  

How do you guys determine how many calories you're consuming? Do you literally weigh your ingredients before every meal?

Yes. I've been using measuring cups and a scale to weigh out my food. It's tedious but it's the only way to properly count calories. To track what I eat I've been using an app called MyFitnessPal

When I'm trying to add some weight/muscle then about 5000-6000.

I'm 6 foot 3 and my metabolism needs stoking 24/7 if I'm training a lot.

Otherwise I would say about 3000-4000 if I just want to maintain my current weight.

I'm currently 200 pounds after being on crutches for 3 months due to a broken foot. I went back to the gym last week and I will normally walk around about 210-215.

I've gotten past 220 before but it isnt natural for my frame yet. Plus it's very difficult to eat 5000 plus calories day after day after day. I prefer to be a little leaner and I play basketball so 210 is probably the sweet spot for me in terms of speed/strength trade off.

yes, I track everything on myfitnesspal and weigh and scan everything

I'm cutting right now, and I have a crap metabolism, so I go as low as 1200 cal srs

Quote: (04-22-2015 09:51 PM)Blackwell Wrote:  

When I'm trying to add some weight/muscle then about 5000-6000.

I'm 6 foot 3 and my metabolism needs stoking 24/7 if I'm training a lot.

Otherwise I would say about 3000-4000 if I just want to maintain my current weight.

I'm currently 200 pounds after being on crutches for 3 months due to a broken foot. I went back to the gym last week and I will normally walk around about 210-215.

I've gotten past 220 before but it isnt natural for my frame yet. Plus it's very difficult to eat 5000 plus calories day after day after day. I prefer to be a little leaner and I play basketball so 210 is probably the sweet spot for me in terms of speed/strength trade off.

So according to you, my 3000 cal/day would be normal if I'm trying to add some mass ?

No ugly women, just lazy women.

Trying to stay around 2200 since I'm in the process of cutting weight

Literally 5 lbs away

Toying with my cardio routine as we speak

MDP

My base metabolism is at about 2400 calories a day, and my normal intake is between 3000-3500, though it does vary quite a bit depending on what I'm doing.

2800 calories per day and I am bulking. 2300 to maintain for me though.

“Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.”-Otto von Bismarck

Around 1500.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

3000-3200, 55% Carbs, 25% proteins, 20% fats

[Image: tumblr_n037f349M61t0ihy9o1_1280.jpg]

4,000 40/30/30 split.

I don't really know... I think it's around 2300. 5'5 hovering around 130.