rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stuck in a Post University rut

I graduated university July last year with a degree in biology and moved back to my hometown with my family. While I'm grateful for them for letting me live with them practically rent free I need to get out and move forward in my life . I currently have a dead end part time job in retail which allows me some money for gym, phone, etc.

First of all I tried to get a job teaching English in South Korea, however I couldn't get a job there and now my criminal background check has expired so I won't be pursuing this option further. However I would be open to trying another country probably china but am unsure as if this goes wrong i'm not in the best position financially.

I'm also applying for entry level biology jobs, as I wouldn't mind getting a job here in the UK as long as I can move away from home start saving money etc. I'm not getting much luck but had an interview recently but I didn't get the job even though they said they thought I was a good candidate.

I've looked into joining the military but I can't due to me having eczema. I can't join the police as I don't have a full driving licence.

I would like to travel but I only have 3,000 pounds in savings (around 4,500 US dollars), and I imagine that would go down quite quickly, and then there would be the problem of when I returned I would be in the same position as before I left but without any savings.

That's my situation as you can see I have no real plan. The main thing I would like to do is to get a job that teaches me a skill that will make me employable and to be able to move away from home.

Thanks for reading I hope you guys can either give me some ideas or give me a kick up the arse to sort my life out.

You should look into making soap

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin seƱoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Look for an unpaid internship or tutor. that's what i did when i was in your position and it led me to where i am now.

Stop making excuses. Fix your license, get a new background check, take all the tests and certifications you need right now. Time's just gonna keep passing

As a Brit you can travel to places like Australia, Canada and other commonwealth countries on a working holiday visa.

If you have the balls to come to Canada, you can head for the oil sands and find work. There are a network of guys that are there and can help you.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

You need to figure out what you really want to do. I don't recommend taking any test as gospel, but there's a ton of career assessment tests out there which can give you some interesting ideas. I've taken a number of them and by far the best was one that I had to take for a graduate class. Catch is you have to pay for it.

https://www.careerleader.com/

Honestly, "what should I do" depends on what you want to do. If you want to work in Biology then nothing should be stopping you. Applying only goes so far though. You'll have much better results by networking in person. Use LinkedIN, Facebook, Meetup, etc to find any local industry groups in your area and start showing up to their meetings.

If you want to do something else your course of action could vary widely. Some occupations you just take up and leave for, others will require the completion of a short training course(most skilled trades), and the best way to get to others (Most specialized "business" careers and teaching among others) is by completing a specialized master's degree in that field.

Hi everyone and I agree with Feo look tylerdurden the reason you describe in your post seems to be an excuse so what the Feo has said is totally correct and you can follow him.