rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Udo's Oil - 3-6-9 Blend - ACV On Steroids

[Image: Udos-Choice-Udos-Oil-3-6-9-Blend-061998615805.jpg]

There are two opposite fats. One which kills and the other which is essential for our bodies. The good fat is going to enter our body through food or supplements and has some amazing positive effects. Our bodies cant make the good fats and lack of them will kill us.

Quote:Quote:

There are only two essential fats (technically called essential fatty acids or EFAs). One is the omega 3 (omega-3) EFA, called alpha-linolenic acid. The other, the omega 6 (omega-6) EFA, is known as linoleic acid.

Essential fatty acids have many functions throughout the body. They are involved in:

Energy production. In a study with athletes in Denmark, we showed that within one month of giving athletes one tablespoon per 50 pounds of body weight per day of an oil blend with an omega-3: omega-6 ratio of 2:1, stamina increased by up to 40 or even 60%. Athletes could exercise longer before reaching exhaustion, recovered more quickly from fatigue, could exercise more often without over-training, healed quicker from injuries, built muscle faster, and had less joint pain.

Energy improvement is also seen in non-athletes and older people. The EFA blend also improves mental stamina.

Brain Function. In our work with the blended oil, we have seen consistent improvements in brain function, and research with EFAs from other sources has also shown brain benefits. Among these are elevated mood, lifted depression, increased calmness, better handling of stress, less hyperactivity, better focus, better mental processing, faster learning, increased intelligence, better concentration, and improved motor coordination.

EFAs are also required for vision.

Skin, Hair, and Nails. EFAs are required for healthy skin and hair, and are required for normal nail growth. They moisturize skin and prevent dryness.

Cancer. omega-3 EFAs lower cancer risk.

Cardiovascular Disease (CVD). omega-3 can decrease most CVD risk factors, including high triglycerides (blood fats), blood pressure, platelet stickiness, fibrinogen, and lipoprotein(a). Omega-3 also keep the inside of our arteries smooth. Omega-3 and omega-6 keep the heart beat regular.

Diabetes. EFAs are required for insulin function. Omega-3 make diabetics more insulin-sensitive.

Weight Management. Omega-6 slightly and omega-3 more effectively help reduce fat production in the body. They also increase fat burning and heat production in the body, and shift the body from burning glucose to burning fats. Saturated, monounsaturated, and trans- fatty acids do not help to manage weight. Sugar triggers increased fat production in the body. Starch can also lead to overweight.

Digestion.EFAs improve gut integrity, decrease gut inflammation, and decrease 'leaky gut' that can lead to allergies.

Allergies. EFAs reduce symptoms of allergies. They work best if digestive enzymes rich in protein-digesting protease are also used.

Inflammation. omega-3 reduce inflammation. Digestive enzymes are also helpful.

Injury. EFAs speed the healing of injuries.

Bone Minerals. omega-3 improve bone mineral retention, thereby inhibiting the development of osteoporosis.

Stress. EFAs, by optimizing serotonin production, improve response to stress. People report feeling calmer, getting stressed less easily, dealing with stressful situations more calmly, and losing their temper less often.

Sleep. EFAs improve sleep in some people.

Hormones. EFAs improve hormone functions. Hormone levels may decrease, yet the effects of hormones remain normal. EFAs thereby ease the work load of glands.

Organs. EFAs are required for liver and kidney function.

Reproduction. EFAs are required for sperm formation, the female cycle, and pregnancy.

What happens if we have bad diets and dont get enough good fats?

Dry skin
Constipation
Low energy levels
Brittle hair and hair loss
Poor nail growth
Deterioration of liver and kidneys
Behavioral changes due to brain deterioration
Glands dry up
Immune system deteriorates, resulting in more infections, poorer wound healing, and increased cancer
Digestion problems, inflammation, bloating, allergies, autoimmune conditions
Bone mineral loss
Reproductive failure: sterility in males and miscarriage in females
Retarded growth of children
Tingling in arms and legs due to nerve deterioration
Vision and learning problems
Insulin resistance
Increased risk of overweight
Increased cancer risk
Increased cardiovascular risk
Decreased ability to cope with stress
In mental illness, increased symptoms
Decreased lung function
Decreased tissue oxidation
This is why you feel slow, lethargic and weak if you constantly eat fast food. Just look at a fat ass, they can sleep 18 hours a day and still be tired. On top of looking horrible not only in the body, but also the face.

This is where Udos comes into play.

The blend is very rich in the more therapeutic omega-3s (omega 3 fatty acids). Udo's Oil Blend contains the ideal balance of Omega-3 and -6 essential fatty acids (2:1) for people who want one product that gives them all of the good fats they need, without any of the bad fats they should avoid.

A good friend recommended Udos when I inquired about products that keep us going strong. He told me to try this "motor oil for the brain" and see if I noticed anything. Before anyone gets this and tosses it out because it made you feel like you puked your guts out. Remember that that is natural if you are not eating healthy and good. DO NOT take this if you get some fast food or an unhealthy meal. You will feel like shit and be sitting on the restroom floor waiting for it to come up.

In the beginning, you may want to start with smaller amounts and gradually increase to optimum levels which is approximately 1 tablespoon per 50 pounds of body weight; especially if you have a history of being on a low fat or a no fat diet, or if your liver is weak.

Should your liver be unable to handle the amount you are taking at any one time, you will feel heavy or become nauseous. If you took even more oil at this point, you would vomit. Why? The liver has to process the oils and fats you eat. If you exceed its processing capacity by taking more oil at any one time than it can handle, it will protect itself from overworking by making you hurl.

If you do become nauseous, you must begin with smaller amounts. How small? If you can't take three tablespoons, take one. If one is too much, use one teaspoon. If that's too much, take a few drops. If that's too much, take a lick. And if that's too much, take a whiff. But don't quit. Your body requires essential fatty acids in order to function and for you to live. Someone once asked me: Can I just think about it? And I said yes, because if you think about it, you will eventually end up taking a whiff.

So start small, and eventually increase the amount you take. Sometimes liver function is poor because of essential fat deficiency. Then you must give this organ time to recover. Build up liver capacity again by starting with small amounts of the precious essential fatty acids. Be gentle with yourself. Do what you can.

Now on days when I do not pig out at Mcdonalds, Udos makes me feel like I am on drugs with no side affects. You will have more energy and be more alert/focused. You will work out harder and have better sex due to stronger erections. I have also noticed it gives me huge cum shots and longer orgasms. It cleans out your system and makes you take huge dumps. It really is like motor oil for your brain. Think of an old car that has been sitting in the driveway for years. It might turn over after a while of playing with it but it is going to drive around the block like shit because the fluids are all done with, it has old gas, the tires are low, battery will be on its death bed. Thats how your body is before you start using this and get in the groove of how much your can handle.

I have not used it with foods but you certainly can. I just take my required table spoons and wash it down with cranberry juice or anything that has flavor. Cranberry juice is great at hiding the taste though. I have not found anything better.

Mix the blend in foods. Oils are compatible with all food groups. They go with vegetable dishes such as greens, salads, steamed vegetables, and soups; with starches such as grains, cereals, pasta, oatmeal, potatoes, and yams; with proteins such as meat, eggs, dairy, and fish; and finally, with fruit. You can layer oil on fruit juice (oil shooters), mixed in applesauce or over fruit pieces. Some people take the blend by the spoonful, but most don't like the taste of oils by themselves to take it that way.

The blend can be used on cold, warm, and hot foods; but the blend (and all essential fat-rich oils in general) should never be fried. Frying destroys oils and makes them toxic, and then they, in turn, destroy health.

You can use Udo's Choice oil blend in salad dressings; mix it with yogurt; blend it into shakes; use it in fresh or bottled vegetable juices; in soups; pour it over steamed vegetables; mix it into hot cereals; put it on corn flakes; mix it with the yolk of soft-boiled eggs; mix it into mashed potatoes. The blend brings out the taste of bananas and fruit juices - it makes them taste almost psychedelic! Use equal parts Udo's Choice Oil and extra virgin olive oil for Mediterranean dishes; it improves the nutritional profile of the oil and lightens the dish, while retaining the Mediterranean flavor. Use equal parts Udo's Choice Oil and butter for spreads. Dip bread in the blend, like people in Italy do. There are an infinite number of ways to use the blend.

There are two good reasons for using the blend with foods. First, oils enhance food flavors. Second, they improve the body's ability to absorb health-benefiting oil-soluble phyto-nutrients, especially abundant in vegetables, which are poorly absorbed without oils.

It is sold at Whole Foods or you can order it here. Keep it in the fridge at all times!!
http://www.vitacost.com/flora-udos-choic...-6-9-blend

Great post.

I've been using Udo's Oil for many years -- over a decade now. I take 4-5 tablespoons every day with my yogurt for breakfast. It's also great in juices, both green juices and fruit juices, and you can use it in your salad instead of olive oil. Always keep refrigerated and never heat it up or put in hot food. It's amazing for your skin, brain function, heart health, digestion. Probably the single best dietary supplement out there, and it's remarkable how high the quality has stayed over time. I like the taste a great deal as well.

The studies showing its benefits are very solid, and Udo Erasmus who designed the oil probably knows more about fats, both good and bad, than any man alive.

I should note (before JJG jumps in and says it [Image: wink.gif]) that the kind of vegetable and plant fats that go into Udo's Oil are not the whole story -- men in particular need animal fats and saturated fats as well to keep their DHT and test levels high. But they are a big part of what you need and this oil is a super-optimized way to get them.

EDIT: The only issue I would take with the OP is that the image shows vegetarian softgels. Do not buy the softgels -- always get the liquid oil! It's much much better absorbed.

Here is the product you want:

[Image: Udos-Choice-Udos-Oil-3-6-9-Blend-061998679890.jpg]

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

I'll be saving up my change for the next week and then ordering this. Thank you both for the recommendation.

I've known about this for a while, but never bought. This post has prompted me to order it. Thanks.

Thanks for that Lizard Of Oz. Dont forget to shake it before you pour it. I will say I am scared to try it on drinking days and hangover Sundays. [Image: wink.gif]

I only use 2 spoonfuls a day, 3 made me feel like death even with a decent meal in my stomach. It is scary how bad fast food is on the body. I took my dosage the other night after a Chinese buffet and felt fine.

Sounds like the perfect thing to take with vegetables you've juiced to enhance nutrient absorption.

I took this for about 6 months a few years ago and noticed the following: Great skin and less knee and hip joint soreness after heavy lifting. I stopped because of budgetary constraints, but its pretty good and 'food functional' ie there are ways you can use it with salad, bread, shakes etc and it doesn't taste bad.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Interesting. So you guys that take this notice a big difference?

Does this replace any fish oil supplements you take?

I take fish oil (Carlson), but I'm not 100% sure it does anything.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (04-15-2015 06:51 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

I've been taking it for so long that I don't really know any different at this point, but I definitely noticed a big difference when I just started taking it (and it's just been sustained since then). The skin and the joint health effects that Dr Howard mentions are typical. The other thing it's very good for is mood and affect, it's really like grease for your brain -- a lot of which is made of fat -- and makes sure everything is firing as it should.

I would say that taking both Udo's and fish oil at the same time is probably overkill, you choose one or the other at any given period though you may also alternate between periods when you're using Udo's and periods when you're using fish oil. I choose Udo's, but fish oil would be a good choice for someone who is mainly concerned about cardiovascular health, as well as DHT.

Speaking of which, Carlson is not that good of a fish oil, very few are, in fact. The best one by far is something called Eskimo-3:

Eskimo-3 fish oil

Because of how it's produced and because of the antioxidizing stabilizers they use it is far more stable than other fish oils, and stability is everything. The thing with all volatile fats is that, as good as they are when they are fresh, that's how bad and nasty they are when they go rancid. Most fish oils taste fishy and repeat on you in an unpleasant way -- that is because enough oxidation happens that all kinds of bad free radicals get generated. This doesn't happen with Eskimo-3 (and Udo's Oil has exceptional stability properties as well). It's also the fish oil they use in the best studies.

In short, either fish oil or Udo's is a great way to go, but if you want to stick with fish oil I would strongly consider switching to Eskimo-3; I'd bet you will feel a difference with it. All you need is one teaspoon a day with a meal, ideally with breakfast. As with Udo's, always get the liquid form (that's what I linked to) not the softgels, and always keep refrigerated.

What about other brands of 3 6 9 oil, the nutrition facts look the same... Is this, for example, the same thing?

[Image: I132588.gif]

Is Udo's made only from seed oil? I had problems with fish oil due to, what I believe was, an allergic reaction.

Quote: (04-15-2015 07:36 PM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

What about other brands of 3 6 9 oil, the nutrition facts look the same... Is this, for example, the same thing?

[Image: I132588.gif]

No. When it comes to dietary supplements, the one thing to know is that the brand matters a great deal.

The "nutrition facts" may all look the same on the label, but the reality can be very different. Without the same quality control in the preparation, the oil will not be as stable, it will oxidize much more easily, and as a result it will not actually deliver what is on the label in the same way as a superior brand like Udo's will.

Remember that since dietary supplements are not FDA controlled in the same way as prescription drugs, you really cannot trust the equivalent of "generics" to have even minimal quality control. You would be horrified to know what people find when they actually test cheap/generic supplements -- they are very often adulterated, do not deliver what they are supposed to, sometimes they are outright dangerous. In this business more than any other it's important to go with the best brands that do meticulous quality control.

NOW Foods is not actually a terrible brand -- they make some good products. But when it comes to Omega 3-6-9 oils Udo's is the gold standard and you should accept no substitutes.

It's almost like using cocaine or heroin, LOL -- there is no FDA so you better find a dealer you know can reliably get you the good high quality stuff, and stick to him. Don't just buy from some random loser on the street. That's the way to think about supplements.

Quote: (04-15-2015 07:39 PM)tarquin Wrote:  

Is Udo's made only from seed oil? I had problems with fish oil due to, what I believe was, an allergic reaction.

Yes, Udo's is made from plant oils exclusively.

Lizard of Oz,

What are your thoughts on moringa? It's apparently a good source of Omega 3-6-9.

The reason I ask is because I'm currently in a country that grows it, and if it's worth the effort I'll bring some back.

Quote: (04-15-2015 08:01 PM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

Lizard of Oz,

What are your thoughts on moringa? It's apparently a good source of Omega 3-6-9.

The reason I ask is because I'm currently in a country that grows it, and if it's worth the effort I'll bring some back.

It sounds interesting, but I don't know enough about it to say anything either way. But I think the specific plants used in Udo's are pretty optimized -- a lot of thought went into it and he is pretty much the world's foremost expert on fats and oils -- so I suspect it would be hard to beat.

Quote: (04-15-2015 07:08 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Quote: (04-15-2015 06:51 PM)RexImperator Wrote:  

I've been taking it for so long that I don't really know any different at this point, but I definitely noticed a big difference when I just started taking it (and it's just been sustained since then). The skin and the joint health effects that Dr Howard mentions are typical. The other thing it's very good for is mood and affect, it's really like grease for your brain -- a lot of which is made of fat -- and makes sure everything is firing as it should.

I would say that taking both Udo's and fish oil at the same time is probably overkill, you choose one or the other at any given period though you may also alternate between periods when you're using Udo's and periods when you're using fish oil. I choose Udo's, but fish oil would be a good choice for someone who is mainly concerned about cardiovascular health, as well as DHT.

Speaking of which, Carlson is not that good of a fish oil, very few are, in fact. The best one by far is something called Eskimo-3:

Eskimo-3 fish oil

Because of how it's produced and because of the antioxidizing stabilizers they use it is far more stable than other fish oils, and stability is everything. The thing with all volatile fats is that, as good as they are when they are fresh, that's how bad and nasty they are when they go rancid. Most fish oils taste fishy and repeat on you in an unpleasant way -- that is because enough oxidation happens that all kinds of bad free radicals get generated. This doesn't happen with Eskimo-3 (and Udo's Oil has exceptional stability properties as well). It's also the fish oil they use in the best studies.

In short, either fish oil or Udo's is a great way to go, but if you want to stick with fish oil I would strongly consider switching to Eskimo-3; I'd bet you will feel a difference with it. All you need is one teaspoon a day with a meal, ideally with breakfast. As with Udo's, always get the liquid form (that's what I linked to) not the softgels, and always keep refrigerated.

Thanks, this looks like sound advice. I actually have the Carlson's Super Omega 3 soft gels, but I guess I might as well up the dosage and use it up. [Image: wink.gif]

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Well, you don't want to overdose on fish oil, it's not really a case of the more the better. I wouldn't start popping those softgels like candy just because you want to get through your supply.

Lizard Of Oz what are your thoughts on only drinking Udos a few times a week? It is probably going to hurt guys stomachs who dont eat home cooked meals all the time.

I checked and on the recommended dose it runs to $180/month (three bottles @$60) where I live. It better be good.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (04-15-2015 08:36 PM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

Lizard Of Oz what are your thoughts on only drinking Udos a few times a week? It is probably going to hurt guys stomachs who dont eat home cooked meals all the time.

As with most supplements, it's best if it's taken consistently every day, using about the same dose at about the same time, if possible.

It's true that guys who have poor diets based on junk food sometimes don't tolerate Udo's very well to begin with, they are not used to concentrated high quality fats and find it too intense. The thing to do is not to use it a few times a week, but to use it daily in smaller amounts -- whatever amount you feel you can tolerate -- and over time, as you get used to it, gradually increase the dosing until you hit your target dose.

hey Lizard of Oz,

can you chime in on your top 5 or so must-have supplements that you think guys should take?

Props to this forum!

Ive been taking fish / flax oil my whole life (ever since it got rid of skin issues when I was 14 years old) - I like to try new brands time to time - thank you for this recommendation; saves a lot of time doing my own research. Its good to have a place you trust recommend you stuff that you need.

Top 5 suppliments guys should take [Image: smile.gif]

Udos
A multi vitamin pull
Young pussy
Lots of sleep
Weights

Quote: (04-15-2015 08:42 PM)The Lizard of Oz Wrote:  

Quote: (04-15-2015 08:36 PM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

As with most supplements, it's best if it's taken consistently every day, using about the same dose at about the same time, if possible.

It's true that guys who have poor diets based on junk food sometimes don't tolerate Udo's very well to begin with, they are not used to concentrated high quality fats and find it too intense. The thing to do is not to use it a few times a week, but to use it daily in smaller amounts -- whatever amount you feel you can tolerate -- and over time, as you get used to it, gradually increase the dosing until you hit your target dose.
What if a guy never gains an acquired taste for Udos. Would one tablespoon per day be sufficient?