rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are American Women more picky than American men?

Recently, while doing online dating, I notice that quite a few women, even slightly older ones in their late 20s, have very tight age ranges set in their parameters. Examples... a 27 yo seeking men 27-31, a 28 yo seeking 28-30 and a 29 yo seeking 29-33. These women are in their late 20s and are dead-set on finding a man within a 2-4 year age range. [Image: undecided.gif] Of course, 90% of the time he must also be at least 5'8"/5'9" or taller, and sometimes not more than 6'2".

Many also have ethnicity limits -- I've read multiple studies showing that women have a noticeably stronger preference for a man of their own race/ethnicity than men do. This is true for women of all stripes; white, black, latina, asian, indian, etc. Men of all stripes are more likely to be open to interracial/interethnic dating.

So, men must be a certain height, skin color, and probably meet several other particulars of physical appearance to be considered. Plus, he must fit within a 2-4 year age window.

For all the razzing and shaming about men being "shallow visual animals", are women more visually picky than men are?

On top of these baseline parameters, it's also a common truth that it's really on the man to not only initiate, but also really light it up on the first dating/meeting with Game. If you're a reserved introvert, Game-less, say something slightly off-putting, or just had a bad night, a girl is much more likely to 'next' you and not give it a second chance than a guy would after a so-so date with a shy girl. One woman wrote a book dedicated to helping women overcome this ridiculous thinking: Marry Him: The Case for Mr Good Enough

I have another equally tough question to answer:

Does working out and making money help you get laid?

To answer your title question: Yes 100%. Not sure why this is even worth considering.

Lie about your age and reasonably lie about your height.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Quote: (04-14-2015 10:13 AM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Lie about your age and reasonably lie about your height.

I want to set up a tinder profile and will need a fake FB profile to do so. What's a good age for this app if I want to get women between 21-27?

Quote: (04-14-2015 10:10 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

To answer your title question: Yes 100%. Not sure why this is even worth considering.

Indeed.

Can't believe this is a question. Most men just want a woman who will be a good mother and faithful sexually to him. She doesn't even have to be a bombshell.

I have no idea. I'm only 28, so I've never had to lie about my age. I do lie about my height but since I'm only an inch or two away from 6'0" and have long legs they never notice in person.

You shouldn't take any of this all that seriously. It's online dating. It's a game.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Are men more sexually aggressive than women?

Women are pickier for sure.

Some of it is basic biology. Women have to carry and (supposedly) raise the offspring if the breeding is successful. It is in their best interest to choose the best mate (best genetic material, aka alpha).

Men only need to donate their sperm and jet. No need to be as picky.

Its raising tomatoes vs. planting grass seed for you gardening types.

Or for a firearm metaphor: Female breeding strategy is a rifle technique and men use more of a shotgun technique.

Quote: (04-14-2015 10:00 AM)blacknwhitespade Wrote:  

Recently, while doing online dating, I notice that quite a few women, even slightly older ones in their late 20s, have very tight age ranges set in their parameters. Examples... a 27 yo seeking men 27-31, a 28 yo seeking 28-30 and a 29 yo seeking 29-33. These women are in their late 20s and are dead-set on finding a man within a 2-4 year age range. [Image: undecided.gif] Of course, 90% of the time he must also be at least 5'8"/5'9" or taller, and sometimes not more than 6'2".

Many also have ethnicity limits -- I've read multiple studies showing that women have a noticeably stronger preference for a man of their own race/ethnicity than men do. This is true for women of all stripes; white, black, latina, asian, indian, etc. Men of all stripes are more likely to be open to interracial/interethnic dating.

So, men must be a certain height, skin color, and probably meet several other particulars of physical appearance to be considered. Plus, he must fit within a 2-4 year age window.

For all the razzing and shaming about men being "shallow visual animals", are women more visually picky than men are?

On top of these baseline parameters, it's also a common truth that it's really on the man to not only initiate, but also really light it up on the first dating/meeting with Game. If you're a reserved introvert, Game-less, say something slightly off-putting, or just had a bad night, a girl is much more likely to 'next' you and not give it a second chance than a guy would after a so-so date with a shy girl. One woman wrote a book dedicated to helping women overcome this ridiculous thinking: Marry Him: The Case for Mr Good Enough

Sounds like you're in D.C. Can't speak for height, money, age, etc. but racially it depends what part of the country you're in so you might have to use you're feet to equal the playing field. When I lived in Seattle (I'm black) I went out with four white women from Plenty of Fish and ZERO black women from that site (we had dates set up but they all flaked).

But if you game on the street throw all of that out of the window. That's where women's preference for the emotional over the logical can be used for your advantage.

Quote: (04-14-2015 10:26 AM)MdWanderer Wrote:  

Quote: (04-14-2015 10:00 AM)blacknwhitespade Wrote:  

Sounds like you're in D.C. Can't speak for height, money, age, etc. but racially it depends what part of the country you're in so you might have to use you're feet to equal the playing field. When I lived in Seattle (I'm black) I went out with four white women from Plenty of Fish and ZERO black women from that site (we had dates set up but they all flaked).

But if you game on the street throw all of that out of the window. That's where women's preference for the emotional over the logical can be used for your advantage.

I'm in Chicago suburbs. My age (early 30s) becomes a non-issue when I meet women in person since I look younger. Trouble is, I have a hard time meeting women in person since I work in a male-dominated field in the Chicago suburbs, which have a darth of single, attractive, 20-something women. I also notice that I do better with women when I've been in Europe and recently I've struck up conversations with girls from Latin America on dating sites. Pulling the attention of American women is noticeably harder for me.

I don't have a problem with this very self-evident biologically-derived phenomenon. What I have issues with are the following:

1). Women's pickiness that gets self-defeating.

The whole point of women desiring the top bracket of men is so they can produce healthy, successful offspring. But...if high-quality women get so particular about men that they never find a mate to reproduce with, well, what's the point? Their pickiness didn't improve their genetic line -- it created a genetic dead end.

Being a Gen X-er, I knew scads of women like this. No man met their criteria for reproduction, so they're permanently barren in their mid-40s. It's like constantly going grocery shopping but starving to death because none of the foods were up to your standards. As I said, self-defeating.

2). Women who then complain when men are picky.

As Matt Forney, myself, and other have written, women have no problem ruling out men for any reason, but then turn around and scream "BODY SHAMING!!!!!" or "HATERS!!!" when men say "I prefer women with a good figure" or "I don't like tattoos/short hair/piercings, etc."

The same women you see on Facebook posting things like "You know what I call men under 6'? Friends" will also post memes like "Real men like curves. Only dogs go for bones." This is a clear double-standard and shows the kind of swelled heads women have gotten in the "you go, girl!" era.

As the decades go by, I'm starting to think the most successful women when it comes to the mating pool were the ones who married their college sweethearts. They had standards, but not unreasonable ones, and didn't get jaded spending their twenties riding the carousel and always thinking there was something better just around the corner.

[Image: real-men-like-curves-only-dogs-go-for-bones.png]

Quote: (04-14-2015 10:31 AM)blacknwhitespade Wrote:  

I'm in Chicago suburbs. My age (early 30s) becomes a non-issue when I meet women in person since I look younger. Trouble is, I have a hard time meeting women in person since I work in a male-dominated field in the Chicago suburbs, which have a darth of single, attractive, 20-something women. I also notice that I do better with women when I've been in Europe and recently I've struck up conversations with girls from Latin America on dating sites. Pulling the attention of American women is noticeably harder for me.

Do you go into the city very often? I heard Chicago has a large Latin-American immigrant population so that might be a start. I live near D.C and your issue is almost the exact same as mine. Thankfully there are a lot of foreign women here to offset the American ones.

The arrogance of a woman telling men what "real men" like or don't like. Such a transparent retarded attempt at shaming.

One of you artistically inclined gents should make one of those posters with something along the lines of: Real women like submitting to men and cooking them good food.

Quote: (04-14-2015 10:54 AM)MdWanderer Wrote:  

Do you go into the city very often? I heard Chicago has a large Latin-American immigrant population so that might be a start. I live near D.C and your issue is almost the exact same as mine. Thankfully there are a lot of foreign women here to offset the American ones.

There are hispanics all over Chicago, city and suburbs. I do go into the city and I have tried some of the local Latina women. In fact, the last date I had was with a Mexican-American girl from a suburb, and I think she was the worst woman I've been on a date with. Mexican-American women are ratchet ass hood rats. The ones I've met abroad are noticeably different. Also, many girls who live in the city won't date you if you live in the burbs, Chicago is a very socially segregated city between it's city proper and surrounding suburbs. People around here are very neighborhood-clingy, driving 30 minutes to another neighborhood is a long-distance relationship for them.

Women can be as picky as they want and no man is entitled to a woman. I agree with the feminists here.

But also women are not entitled to a man. You can price the product as high as you want, but you can't complain when no one that can afford it wants to buy it. So that's where I disagree with the modern feminist. You can set your price and men can set theirs.

Sure you can demand a tall, handsome and rich man of the world even though you're fat, unpleasant and unstable yourself. And if you're the lucky girl that actually succeeds, good for you. Chances are you won't and that's not because men are shallow or immature.

"Men are never entitled to sex!"

That's right. Being nice, responsible and generous does not automatically award you with sexual favors. Why many guys get bitter is that they are first told they will be valued by women for being good guys, and then see that attractive women just see them as usable 'friends' while rewarding guys that offer them nothing but thrilling contempt. Last year we saw many feminists saying you're not a nice guy if you only do it to get laid. That's insulting bullshit. These are mostly guys that don't even want casual flings, but a loving girlfriend. These guys get upset when they realize that being nice prevents them from getting sex.

"Women are never entitled to commitment."

Equality, right? But they don't want to swallow this bitter pill. Just because a guy fucks you once a week for a year in your prime years, does not mean he's an asshole for not wanting a relationship with you. Guys aren't misogynistic, they aren't infantile players and they aren't to blame for your emotionally-driven mistakes. He has sex with you, because he wanted to have sex with you. But apparently you were having sex with them, because you really wanted to get him to commit. Who is manipulating who?

Obviously women are more picky, but only because they're looking at the short term.

Girls are fucking above their level because the top guys are entertaining multiple girls at the same time. Say you have a hundred men and a hundred women. Men 1-5 get Girls 1-10. Men 6-10 get Girls 11-20. The girls can be more picky because they indeed can fuck guys higher on the rating scale. It's also demonstrated by the fact that many more guys are involuntarily without frequent sexual partners than girls are.

The problem comes when these girls shift to wanting a relationship instead of just cock.

Looking at monogamy, each person gets one other person and people have to find someone of a similar value. Why would Man 11 go for Girl 25 when he can get Girl 11? And since girls inevitably will want relationships their pickiness is fucking them up. In the short-term (i.e. sex) it is successful but in the long-term they can't get those same guys.

Back in the day this was not such a problem. You got a mate of similar value and didn't know any better. However, nowadays these girls have been with way hotter guys and have to significantly downgrade when they start a relationship with their life partner. Not surprisingly, we don't see that many life partners anymore. Despite no options and the biological clock knowing the score, they become dissatisfied and divorce has arrived. Looking at the data confirms this: Girls with more sexual partners before their husband are more likely to become unhappy and divorced.

TLDR: Girls are more picky because for sex they can get away with it, and stay delusionally picky when trying to settle down when they cannot get away with it. And another unhappy, bitter, man-hating modern woman is born.

Right now there is a hashtag called #tothegirls trending on Twitter. Here are two of the photos circulating with it.

I'm starting to think Twitter is becoming a high-tech way that exposes the hysteria that psychiatrists used to treat women for back in the early 1900s. It's always some crisis.

[Image: il_570xN.461563764_rifm.jpg]

[Image: you-dont-owe-pretty-quote-erin-mckean-dress-a-day.jpg]

Wonderwoman in a wheelchair? Man, Lex Luthor would just tip her ass over and she'd be completely fucked.

Quote: (04-14-2015 11:09 AM)blacknwhitespade Wrote:  

There are hispanics all over Chicago, city and suburbs. I do go into the city and I have tried some of the local Latina women. In fact, the last date I had was with a Mexican-American girl from a suburb, and I think she was the worst woman I've been on a date with. Mexican-American women are ratchet ass hood rats.

I feel your pain. I've noticed the same thing about Mexican-American women when I lived in San Diego.

If you can, avoid the American ones and go for foreign ones. DC area Latinas are at most 2nd generation for the most part so it's not as bad here.

Damn, shoulda met up with me and the other guys last weekend bro.

Next time...go there multiple times a year.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Quote: (04-14-2015 11:57 AM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Wonderwoman in a wheelchair? Man, Lex Luthor would just tip her ass over and she'd be completely fucked.

I wonder what women would think of a cartoon picture of a bunch of average, fat, and geeky guys in superhero costumes with the phrase "We Are All Supermen?"

It is also apparently #EqualPayDay... Twitter is the best.

A lock that can be opened by many keys is a bad lock; a key that can open many locks is a good key.

Women look for the right key, men will shove their shit into any hole imaginable and pray the door opens.

All these conditions fade over time to the rising need for money. I know a woman with 3 kids from different dads who just married a diabetic with a dead dick because he has a great job.

Quote: (04-14-2015 01:40 PM)rpg Wrote:  

All these conditions fade over time to the rising need for money. I know a woman with 3 kids from different dads who just married a diabetic with a dead dick because he has a great job.

"Diabetic with a dead dick" has to be one of the most hilarious uses of alliteration I've ever come across. I'm tempted to give you a rep point for poetic genius, but I assume someone would come down on me for being frivolous with rep points.

It would be funny as hell to write a song with that title, or put out a POF profile using that phrase: "I might be a diabetic with a dead dick, but I have a heart of gold."

I have a morbidly obese brother and if he gets yet another warning from his doctor about his glucose levels, I'm using this phrase on him. I can't even type from laughing so hard.