rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"The most beautiful woman I've ever seen"

Do any of you guys, especially guys who live in large cities and ride transit and/or walk the sidewalks a lot, so that you're exposed to thousands of unfamiliar women every day, find that fairly often--like several times a week, or even two or three times a day--you see a woman who makes you think, more or less instantly, "That's the most beautiful (or sexiest, or most desirable, or most luscious, or whatever) woman I've ever seen in my life; I can't imagine any woman being more beautiful (or sexier, or more desirable, or more luscious, or whatever) than she is"? Often accompanied by the thought, "If I don't have sex with her, my life will be injured forever, even if only by a small amount"?

Usually--assuming that I never see the woman again--I get over this feeling within an hour or two; although occasionally, when the woman is intensely attractive, it takes me days to get over it, or in rare cases even longer.

The funny thing about these thoughts is their lack of perspective and rationality: Clearly your mind isn't really comparing this woman with every other woman you've seen in your life, and so you know that these thoughts don't make a whole lot of sense; but you still can't stop yourself from thinking them. It's as if there's a little "most beautiful woman" machine in your brain that gets turned on, spins for a little while, and then shuts off.

I'm interested in seeing comments from other guys who experience this, or even from ones who don't.

Haven't you ever looked back at an ex girlfriend or thought of someone you've banged and wondered what the FUCK was I thinking? Its pretty much the same thing I think. At the time she triggered some switch in your brain.

Maybe I didn't express my original point clearly enough, but these women that I temporarily regard as "the most beautiful I've ever seen" genuinely are beautiful; and if I were to see any of them again, I'm sure I'd find them just as attractive as I did the first time. They're not dogs who I just happened to temporarily find tolerable. (I've experienced that too, and it's a different, only vaguely related phenomenon.)

The irrational part of my reaction is that for a short time, in my mind, I put them at the very top of the heap.

Quote: (05-17-2011 02:14 PM)gds555 Wrote:  

Maybe I didn't express my original point clearly enough, but these women that I temporarily regard as "the most beautiful I've ever seen" genuinely are beautiful; and if I were to see any of them again, I'm sure I'd find them just as attractive as I did the first time. They're not dogs who I just happened to temporarily find tolerable. (I've experienced that too, and it's a different, only vaguely related phenomenon.)

The irrational part of my reaction is that for a short time, in my mind, I put them at the very top of the heap.

I think it's normal. Mr Pink is right about the triggering of a switch in your brain. The girls are beautiful, sure, but that's only part of the combination-your mood, where you see her, what she's wearing, etc, contribute to flipping that switch.

I live in a large city and see very beautiful women walking around a lot, especially now that it's starting to get warm. I can't say anything like you're describing ever happens to me, though. I'll usually see a girl, think to myself "that's a really hot chick," and go back to what I was doing (or approach if I'm feeling ballsy). I'm thinking this is a good thing since it keeps me from overvaluing them.