rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Conversation topics that girls enjoy or don't enjoy

I'm sure this has been covered a number of times in this forum, but I couldn't find a thread during a search so I thought it might be good to go over it again. Please help me list topics that women, in general, like or don't like to talk about.

Enjoy (Some of these sound really stereotypical, but IME women really do like talking about these things):

- Relationships (family, friends, romantic)
- Witchcraft and the supernatural
- Fortune-telling and predicting the future
- Shoes
- Pop stars and entertainers
- Travel
- Philosophy (as long as you don't get too technical about it)

Don't enjoy:

- Politics
- Electronics
- Geek stuff (Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc)
- Sports
- Technical details about your work
- Cars
- Engineering
- Most video games

Please add more.

Enjoy

Alcohol
Carbs
Meaningless shit on Social Media, especially if it is drama heavy

Quote: (03-30-2015 09:02 PM)Carlos100 Wrote:  

Don't enjoy:

- Politics
- Electronics
- Sports
- Cars
- Engineering
- Most video games

Please add more.

Girls will talk about all of this shit, just not in a guy-friendly format.

Ask her about trannies @ the gym, and whether or not they'd feel comfortable in the changing room.

Electronics - how did you pick your phone, do you know how to use it. You're pretty smart...for a chick that likes California Rolls (or some other innocuous detail about her tastes/likes)

Geek Stuff - So what would you dress up for at halloween?

Sports - I bet you watch sports for the tight butts, but you don't tell anyone

Technical work details - You got me. I have yet to run into a bitch that wants to talk about spoliation or standing. But I don't want to talk my work either.

Cars - if I didn't know you drove a Honda, I'd guess that you drive a Kia *waits for arm punch*

Engineering - "You ever wonder how they built that thing.."

Video games - You got me, can't chat about Mortal Kombat or BlazBlue. But you can take a chick to an arcade and play a racing game and have a blast.

Thing is, If I was talking to a guy with a degree in material sciences, I could ask him about aerogels, and he could tell me all the cool stuff going on with that. I might not follow everything, but I'd be happy to chat with him if he was hype.

On his side, if he wasn't a dick, he'd be hype that i'm hype.

Personally, I don't follow sports. And I really do not understand men who follow sports, particularly when they aren't in shape to play them. Seems like a pointless distraction. But I can talk to to someone about the Stanley Cup or the World Cup. Not because I personally give a fuck, but I know that people, men especially, like to be given a moment to shine.

Too many dudes that run game on chicks care about the literal content. That's window dressing.

A chick is a feminist? Really, tell me about it.

She thinks voter id cards are a good idea? How would that work practically?

She thinks Mike Brown deserved to get murdered? Fuck that bitch, I don't go that route.

Not to hijack your post, but rather than come up with things that they don't know about and can't talk about - ask yourself how can I make what is interesting to me, interesting to her.

And the other side of that question, as most of you guys could give a fuck about Taylor Swift and Katy Perry - how can I take what is interesting to her, and make it interesting to me. (cause your broad is certainly not going to be thinking that deeply)

WIA

^ WIA nailed it.

Carlos: all you have to do to avoid conversational dead spots is to frame topics in a way that lets her talk about her emotional response to them.

Say conversation is flagging and you notice car racing on the TV at the bar. You don't talk about it technically, or about the skill level of the driver. You motion to it and say "How do you think it would feel to go that fast?"

If, god help you, 'Lord Of The Rings' did come up, you wouldn't talk about the books, or the production, or the director. You'd ask her if she thought Liv Tyler (always use celebrity names) made the right choice forsaking immortality for Viggo Mortenson. "Can you imagine yourself as an Elf Princess? Would you give that up for love?"

Emotion and sensation. You can steer any topic towards it. Letting her discuss such topics creates intimacy. You'll probably hear "I can't believe I told you that!"

raves and drugs. it's a plus if you see tattoos, septum piercings, and colored hair.

Relationships, bad dates, awkward sex moments, bondage (50 Shades...what a goldmine), etc.

Here's something I wrote up a while back but never posted...convo buildup to sex I had recently...she's 8/10, 25 yr old...friend of a friend.

Time between meeting her and sex, 2 hrs.

Opener (nice and casual): I opened up the conversation talking about the weekend. “So you didn’t party last night? You just stayed in?” She went on a blind date, doubled with a friend.

Her date: I asked her where they went to dinner, was it good, etc. She mentioned she got some meat-free lasagne at Amori and I teased her for being a vegetarian which she vehemently denied. Apparently she hunts.

Guns: This led to a conversation about her owning a 12 gauge Browning Citori, f-ing awesome gun of which I’m jealous. She hunts deer. We talk about guns and hunting for a few minutes, but eventually I circle back to her date last night, knowing she wasn’t interested in the guy. Relationships are great material to go sexual.

Her date + kino: I guess she had fun, but he wasn't a guy she'd want to date (read: bang). Great opportunity to tease/embarrass her, "So you weren't like, reaching under the table for his inner thigh trying to check him out?" while I reach over and touch her leg. She gets embarrassed, giggles and turns away slightly, brushes her hair behind her ear, touching my legs.

Relationships: She proceeds to talk about her ex’s. She got married young, 3 week honeymoon and only had sex 3 times, to which she was gravely disappointed. This conversation is going very well. She wants some D.

Her ex-boyfriend she just broke up with cheated on her. She doesn’t seem too upset, they’ve been separated for a while, but she called it quits very recently.

A rookie would jump on the hate train or fall into the feeling bad for her trap, but you guys are smart enough to know how much of a mistake that would be.

Cheating: I actually move the conversation *toward* the topic of cheating. I bring up Gone Girl and how it made me think about cheating on someone. That drama would be exciting, to be in a committed relationship but cheat on her...I’ve never done it, but it sounds fun. I layer in a story about a previous fling who wanted to tie me down, and I had to let her go.

Of course, to others this would seem dangerous territory, but you guys are smart enough to know that shit is catnip to a girl who needs a good ol rompin'.

Bondage: I bring up 50 Shades and steer the conversation toward handcuffs and bondage. She said she’s never done it because of how conservative people are around here. “Really?” I reply in an ignorant tone...implying "I thought every guy loved tying his chic up and giving her a good fuck".

To the less informed, I seem like I think everybody incorporates bondage, but you guys know I'm simply letting her know not to worry, I know how to handle a woman in bed.

I mention how I set up a little homemade tie up thing for my bed. She actually doesn’t appear too excited, but I'm not worried her exact reaction. I'm letting her know I can handle her, that we can go have a good care-free time tonight. She knows I don’t want to take her to dinner. I want to fuck her. I know what I’m doing.

The close was easy at that point...she basically told me to go home with her and fuck.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Girls enjoy any conversation topic so long as it has one thing:

Drama

Add drama to the most boring shit and watch their faces light up like Christmas trees.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (03-31-2015 04:39 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Girls enjoy any conversation topic so long as it has one thing:

Drama

Add drama to the most boring shit and watch their faces light up like Christmas trees.

Exactly this.

You can talk to a girl about going to work by bus watching traffic jam and when you add that it made you stressed out cause your boss who is lonely sap wants to find any reason to get rid of you because girls like you more than him and it makes him scared cause those few girls at work are his only chance of finding a GF or some other melodramatic shit she will eat it up like crazy.

Excellent thread gents. Thanks for all the great suggestions. Props.
As AB said 'Emotion and sensation'.

Violence and death are usually not recommended topics.

Any and every fucking shitty TV show/movie

Quote: (04-01-2015 06:16 AM)Frank Mackey Wrote:  

Violence and death are usually not recommended topics.

Disagreed. As long as you're passionate about violence and death you should be fine. Although I don't think you should talk about it to much; this is one of those cases where actions speak louder than words [Image: tongue.gif].

@OP I think this has probably been mentioned a lot before (although not in this thread): women LOVE talking about THEMSELVES. So, if you really want to make 'em talk, make them talk about their clothes/friends/pets (WARNING: you might have to make 'em shut up after though).

When discussing politics with broads, I find their attention can only handle social issues.

I find most women to be almost allergic to talking about history. Even the smarter women I have dated hate history.

Quote: (04-01-2015 09:32 AM)Dark Knowledge Wrote:  

When discussing politics with broads, I find their attention can only handle social issues.

I find most women to be almost allergic to talking about history. Even the smarter women I have dated hate history.

The only exception to this is period dramas like Downton Abbey, Wolf Hall, Pride & Prejudice, etc.
Most women I know love these adaptions and have read some of the associated books.
No harm to know a little about some of these, but even if you don't, you can easily turn a conversation sexual, talking about women in corsets, repressed passion in Victorian times, bodice ripping, etc

What are hot, young girls interested in?

[Image: 2037_fotokonkurs-s-zhurnalom-cosmopo.jpeg][Image: celebrity-bobbleheads-rihanna.jpg]

Sex and relationships.

Fashion, health and beauty matters to them because they need to be better than the competition and get the hottest guy of them all. Even the girls with a genuine interest in science or politics are primarily preoccupied with their social standing.

Always keep the goal in mind. Whatever the topic, you're not looking to exchange technical information. You should always be moving towards a sexual relationship, so engage her emotions.

Don't be her girlfriend. When you're discussing fashion or looking hot, avoid factual conversations about shoe brands or why this workout is effective. She has Sunday brunch with the girls for that.

Instead, see if she thinks girls dress up to impress men or other girls. Is she born hot and skinny or does she need to watch her diet? Tell her you always look at a girl's upper arms to predict how she will look in the future. Qualify her. Is her mom hot and does she think she will remain hot.

Give her highs and lows.

Social standing is important so they love to discuss lying, cheating, gossiping and backstabbing. At the same time you will learn a lot about her value system.

Day dreaming. What would she do if money was not a concern? You would buy a cool house in the city center and a large house in nature, where you would wake up at the beach, surf before breakfast and have friends over at night around a huge bonfire. Where would she travel and in what style?

What is good sex and what is bad sex? What are turn-ons and turn-offs? Observe the venue and analyze other couples and their shitty dates. Recognize a guy that is doing well and why that is so. It makes you the judge.

You can pick nearly any topic and make it interesting by applying it to yourselves. Get to know her (make sure she knows you are checking if she's enough) and show you know the score. You are interesting and she's winning you over.

Don't enjoy:
- Sports

I think it depends on where they are from. I’ve come across American women who are fanatical about sports (mostly NFL or college football), whereas most British women hate talking about sports. Some American women strike me as very masculine.

I think that it's an over analysis, if your frame is rock solid you can talk about anything and everything with any girl. Just don't be a social retard, if she doesn't enjoy the topic, change it.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

I'm sure this has been covered a number of times in this forum, but I couldn't find a thread during a search so I thought it might be good to go over it again. Please help me list topics that women, in general, like or don't like to talk about.

Enjoy (Some of these sound really stereotypical, but IME women really do like talking about these things):

- Relationships (family, friends, romantic)
- Witchcraft and the supernatural
- Fortune-telling and predicting the future
- Shoes
- Pop stars and entertainers
- Travel
- Philosophy (as long as you don't get too technical about it)

Don't enjoy:

- Politics
- Electronics
- Sports
- Cars
- Engineering
- Most video games

Please add more.
I agree with most of this. Actually, now that you bring it up, unless the girl has brought up anything from your no list, I've always veered away from these topics just off of how I "felt them out" when talking with women.

However, If you can speak about ANY of these topics in the enjoy category in a poetic way, women will melt.

A humble gentleman's blog about pussy, cigars, and game.

LATEST POST:
The Problem With Nightclubs

Also check out my blog for cigar discussion and reviews.

Quote: (04-01-2015 10:59 AM)amity Wrote:  

Quote: (04-01-2015 09:32 AM)Dark Knowledge Wrote:  

The only exception to this is period dramas like Downton Abbey, Wolf Hall, Pride & Prejudice, etc.
Most women I know love these adaptions and have read some of the associated books.
No harm to know a little about some of these, but even if you don't, you can easily turn a conversation sexual, talking about women in corsets, repressed passion in Victorian times, bodice ripping, etc

That's an interesting observation, women only like history when it involves drama, gossip, backstabbing, infidelity, etc. Go figure.

I definitely learned something from this thread, especially from the comments that reframed my initial post into pointing out how I/we should be looking at this topic.

FWIW, I was on a date recently and discussed some of the details about my work, but I did it in a way that seemed to keep her interested. She kept asking me about my work, so I explained what I do, but I did it in an interactive way. I asked her to help me construct a scenario, using details from her own life and experiences, then explained how my organization would handle it. It seemed to engage her emotions fairly well.

Make sure you calibrate your topics across cultural boundaries. Anime. Novellas. Shit like that.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.