rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The First Multiracial Miss Universe Japan Has Been Crowned

Quote:Quote:

The stunning Miss Nagasaki, Ariana Miyamoto, is the first multiracial contestant ever to be crowned Miss Universe Japan and will represent Japan in the 2015 Miss Universe pageant.

Born in Japan to a Japanese mother and African American father, Miyamoto is a Japanese citizen, grew up in Japan, and identifies as Japanese. Described in local media as a "saishoku kenbi," a woman blessed with both intelligence and beauty, she holds a 5th degree mastery of Japanese calligraphy.

But reaction to her win has been both positive and negative, with some people questioning whether a multiracial person can truly represent Japan. According to local media, even she was initially a little wary about entering the pageant because she was "hāfu," the Japanese word used to refer to multiracial or multi-ethnic half-Japanese people.

"The selection of Ariana Miyamoto as this year's Miss Universe Japan is a huge step forward in expanding the definition of what it means to be Japanese," filmmaker and co-director of the film "Hafu," Megumi Nishikura told NBC News, "The controversy that has erupted over her selection is a great opportunity for us Japanese to examine how far we have come from our self-perpetuated myth of homogeneity while at the same time it shows us how much further we have to go."

According to the film, "Hafu: The Mixed-Race Experience in Japan," 20,000 half-Japanese people are born in Japan each year, including both multiethnic and multiracial people.

"In a country where the majority of fashion beauty magazines and TV shows are reigned by 'hāfu' models and actors," filmmaker and co-director of the film "Hafu," Lara Perez Takagi told NBC News, "It was actually about time that a mixed-race Japanese girl won the Miss Universe pageant."

[Image: JAPAN.jpg]

[Image: Japan-Ariana-Miyamoto.jpg]

I think she's hot and a definite WB, but I don't think I don't she's a top tier beauty who should be representing Japan. The Japanese woman at the start of the video on the left of her is hotter than her! I saw hotter women than her at the 109 mall in Shibuya.

Some people are not happy:

Quote:Quote:

Those feelings were reflected on social media after Miyamoto was selected as Miss Universe Japan.

日本代表にハーフを選んで良いの!?ミスユニバースは選出基準謎のときあるよね。

— いぶ@フードファイター (@sabu_love_a) March 12, 2015

“Is it ok to choose a haafu to represent Japan? Sometimes the criteria which they use to select Miss Universe is a bit of a mystery”

ミスユニバースジャパンがハーフという矛盾

— 奥╰( ºั³ºั )╯歯 (@oku_6_doku) March 12, 2015

“The contradiction that is having a haafu Miss Universe Japan …”

ミスユニバースジャパンやのに、顔どう見ても外人やないか! #めざましテレビ

— ぐらびー (@2ygravity) March 12, 2015

“Even though she’s Miss Universe Japan, her face is foreign no matter how you look at it!”

ミスコン。ミスユニバースジャパンは、、、、。あれ?何人?日本人じゃ、、、ない、、、よね、、、

— もへじ (@nao71860624) March 12, 2015

“Beauty contest. Miss Universe Japan is….wha? What kind of person? She’s ….not…..Japanese…right?”

What do you guys think? WYB? Is she hot enough to represent Japan?

WB. That pretty much goes for any miss universe however. I bet her exotic factor probably bumps her up a few points in her country. If she walked the streets of Toronto, LA, or pretty much any major North American or Western European city she'd be just another racially ambiguous hottie. But in Japan...

Anyhow... In before the conversation turns into a shit show.

In any major televised beauty competition, weather its Miss USA, World, Universe, its never the hottest one that wins.

RACISM? IN ASIA? You don't say...

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Meh.

Like many girls with substantial African heritage, her face can look tranny-like sometimes, e.g. blue bikini photo with white background. And judging from the same photo, looks like she inherited Japanese curves (or lack thereof).

If we're going to go Japanese multiracial, I'd take Leah Dizon-types everytime.

[Image: 13699999201078340381leah-dizon-08-l-hi.png]

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

I've always found most non-mixed Japanese women hotter than mixed ones. There's just something about them that the average mixed woman doesn't have.

I hate to say it but the Japanese reaction probably has to do with the fact she is half black. Not simply because she is biracial.
Since half white models are not unheard of in Japan.

As far as I know most non-white foreigners are not well thought of in Asia.
Which is unfair but unlikely to change.

@kabal

Not seeing anything even remotely tranny-like about her. Are we looking at the same woman?

In Asian cultures, that is not feminine or attractive.

We value three things:

- Light skin
- A facial shape of what we call the "sunflower seed"
- Small delicate teeth and digits

This woman has none of the feminine features that we value. This woman wouldn't pass in China, who even discriminate against Indian women with soft facial structures. She most definitely wouldn't escape the more xenophobic Japanese.

She isn't discriminated because she is African, only because she is dark-skinned. If you took a light skinned Egyptian/Arab woman she would have no problems.

Hot. WB. But she doesn't even look part Asian. I mean I like blasians, they have a really exotic look provided their eyes are Asian. But this one looks just like a light skinned black girl from DR or some other place that has a range of black skin tones. There is nothing Japanese looking about her to my eyes. I just don't see how she can represent Japan and it is inconceivable that she was the most attractive. Did her calligraphy skills put her on top or what?

Quote: (03-23-2015 01:51 PM)Pontifex Maximus Wrote:  

We value three things:

- Light skin

This woman has none of the feminine features that we value. This woman wouldn't pass in China, who even discriminate against Indian women with soft facial structures. She most definitely wouldn't escape the more xenophobic Japanese.

She isn't discriminated because she is African, only because she is dark-skinned. If you took a light skinned Egyptian/Arab woman she would have no problems.

Would this woman be considered ugly in Japan? She's Indian and Japanese (Kim Sharma).

[Image: 20.jpg]

[Image: Kim%2BSharma%2BHot%2B20.jpg]

[Image: Kim+Sharma+unseen+hot+(12).jpg]

As a single, isolated incident, this story is harmless enough. Good for that girl, yada yada yada.

If it is a harbinger of a larger trend that may see Japan follow on the road to demographic suicide, then it's tragic. I know it sounds overly dramatic to link a beauty contest to national suicide, but I'm looking at it from a "mindset" perspective. So far, what has protected Japan from population-replacement by immigration is the xenophobia of Japan's population, politicians, and institutions. If the selection of an African looking woman as Miss Japan represents the start of a shift in mindset to one more "tolerant" and accepting of what being "japanese" is, then who knows, Japan may follow in the footsteps of the West.

Time will tell which is it.

Asian + Black can be hit or miss. In this case this girl just looks like a light skin black girl, not very heavy Japan features present. She isn't ugly, but just for me she ain't all that, would still bang.

The story with Blasians is funny because if the dude isn't military affiliated it generally tells a story of a go-getting Alpha who reached high levels of success.

You couldn't swoop Asian broads that easy back in the day as a brother, you see a brother with a older Asian wife and he has a full bank account and CV the size of a book. There is a clear cut pattern of movement of either being based on the West coast where a large established based of Asian-Americans reside, being Military affiliated and being based in Korea or Japan, or being a go-getter and finding yourself doing business in Japan, Korea, or China. Especially in Canada as we do not have the military traction as America, any older brother who has a Asian wife was a previous globe trotter who reached the top levels of success. I have never met a Blasian person close to my age who did not come from a well off family. You couldn't be some dope-boy and step to those women back in the day, the girl's Asian parents wouldn't let you in the door.

I remember a friend tried to set me up with a Blasian girl. She was to big for my liking but I still gamed her because I wanted to meet her father. It turns out her father was a big time U.N. Lawyer and did damage in Asia where he met her mom and brought her to America where they settled. It is the most blatant stereotype in Black/African circles aside from a Nigerian dad being a priest, engineer, or a doctor.

Lots of other "Blasian" and Afro-Asian girls look much better thoughm some examples:

Chanel Iman:

[Image: chanel-iman1-jpg.jpg]

Amerie:
[Image: Amerie+Premiere+Rogue+Pictures+Skyline+A...vek9ul.jpg]

Kimora Lee (when younger):
[Image: tumblr_mfyy0dmcPo1s03x8no1_500.jpg]

Cassie (she got some Latin in here also I think):
[Image: cassie-ventura-174145l.jpg]

Jhene Aiko (Nigerian-Japanese):
[Image: jhene-aiko_0.jpeg.jpg]

That Chanel Iman look the the one I'm talking about. Sexy as hell.

^^Lots of young blasians in Canada. At least relative to other places. Toronto is full of blasian babies running around. Same with Edmonton, take a walk through West Edmonton mall there's no shortage of hotties with black babies.

In a decade there will be a good amount hotties coming of age just in time to be gamed.

I think blasians tend to look pretty good, but I have found the black/japanese mix to not be very potent. Black/Chinese is usually strong, as is black korean, but something about black and japanese doesn't seem to mix well. At least in my book. She is definitely a good looking girl that I would be interested in talking to if i encountered her. Hottest? Nah, but let's all be real: the Miss Universe contest is basically a "lolololol who can look the whitest while not being white" contest, so I tend to find the girls to be meh. THat said, WB most of the contestants.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

The world needs more hafus like this goddamn

Quote: (03-23-2015 03:20 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

I think blasians tend to look pretty good, but I have found the black/japanese mix to not be very potent. Black/Chinese is usually strong, as is black korean, but something about black and japanese doesn't seem to mix well. At least in my book. She is definitely a good looking girl that I would be interested in talking to if i encountered her. Hottest? Nah, but let's all be real: the Miss Universe contest is basically a "lolololol who can look the whitest while not being white" contest, so I tend to find the girls to be meh. THat said, WB most of the contestants.

Is it though? I recall European nations sending very clearly nonwhites in their pageants for a time.
It may not have bee miss universe but it was miss something.

I remember because I saw a dumb kerfuffle over it on twitter.

^ I find that most of the women sent in by their countries always look like different shades of white girls. Don't get me wrong, there are dark(er) people sent in, but the only thing that makes me think they're not white is the fact that they're a different colour, but many of their features make me think they spray-tanned a white girl and and sent her up.

Quote: (03-23-2015 02:01 PM)WalterBlack Wrote:  

Quote: (03-23-2015 01:51 PM)Pontifex Maximus Wrote:  

We value three things:

- Light skin

Would this woman be considered ugly in Japan? She's Indian and Japanese (Kim Sharma).

[Image: 20.jpg]

[Image: Kim%2BSharma%2BHot%2B20.jpg]

[Image: Kim+Sharma+unseen+hot+(12).jpg]

I can only speak from a Chinese perspective, because I'm not Japanese. However, you can see that our beauty standards both derive from the traditional Han cultures.

There is still divide among Chinese people; the Southern and Northern. The Southern Provinces, such as GuangDong and GuangXi were always the fertile civilizations based on maritime trade and efficient agriculture. Think about how the Athenians, Corinthians and Thebans thought about the Macedonians or Thracians. Or how the Romans thought of Germanic or Gallic tribes. Throughout the centuries, the Southerners always thought the Northerners were barbaric even though we were all the same ethnicity. The Northerners reinforced that idea, because invaders were always from the North, most notably the Mongolians and Manchurians. That being said, Southern Chinese are practically closer to Filipinos, Thai and Malaysians. While, Northern Chinese are more relative to Japanese, Mongolians and Koreans. There's actually still modern tension in China, because Beijing (a Northern city) is attempting to force Mandarin upon Southern cities. Large cities like Kowloon, Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Macau simply refuse to abandon Cantonese because they still cling on to antiquated notions of Northern Chinese being inferior.

Picture #1 of this girl will pass for all Asian cultures, because the professional lighting lightens her skin tone A LOT. She also has a more petite frame, compared to the broader Miss Universe Japan. In this picture, she also has the almond shaped eyes of Asian women from the eyeliner.

Picture #3 will still be considered beautiful by Southern standards, because Southerners have more contacts with Muslims, Nepalese and Indian women. This holds even more truth since Hong Kong and Macau under British/Portuguese rule brought in many Indians/Africans. In this picture, she is without a doubt not a Mongoloid woman, but Asians can tell she isn't African. She is Princess Kashmir...

[Image: tumblr_lqqy82w6hl1qz5wa0o1_500.gif]

No, she is nowhere near pretty enough to be Miss Japan.

Quote: (03-23-2015 04:00 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

^ I find that most of the women sent in by their countries always look like different shades of white girls. Don't get me wrong, there are dark(er) people sent in, but the only thing that makes me think they're not white is the fact that they're a different colour, but many of their features make me think they spray-tanned a white girl and and sent her up.

It's because Western culture is the dominant culture in the world and others have adopted the Western notion of what is attractive. All those women in Korean getting plastic surgery are trying to make them self look more Eurasian by getting their eyes widened and nose narrowed.

Well one good thing about black+Asian mixes, you know that's a woman that will age well!

Yeah i'm actually with you guys. She is not all that(would bang though) and the chicks adjacent to her definitely looked better. Oh well, i'm guessing the judges train of thought is her *diversity* will help her bring a W for Japan.

-CD

Quote: (03-23-2015 06:12 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

It's because Western culture is the dominant culture in the world and others have adopted the Western notion of what is attractive. All those women in Korean getting plastic surgery are trying to make them self look more Eurasian by getting their eyes widened and nose narrowed.

Well one good thing about black+Asian mixes, you know that's a woman that will age well!

Some cultures - in Asia pale skin as a sign of beauty pre-dates contact with western cultures. Pale skin denoted wealth, since rich people weren't out all day in the sun working on the land.

Most Middle eastern and South Asian women do genuinely look like white women with brown skin.

In regards to skin tone, pale skin is usually seen as more attractive because it's elite.
No tan means not a worker. Which is why royalty and nobility are often paler.