rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stolen Valor: Is this what's hot in the streets now?

Is this becoming a trend now?

This has been going on forever.

Try talking to some fat expats in SEA. Every other useless waster is a former special forces operative, SAS, or CIA agent.

Yup know a guy just like this.

The tool never served, he creeps on girls.

He even has military tats on him, always claims he's apart some famous video or he was there, he even claimed to know Dan Bilzerian.

Some people just have psychopaths and will do anything for the thirst uh I mean attention.

I hope to god this wouldn't become a trend. Though I could foresee some men resulting to this tactic in an attempt to appear more masculine and stand out from the herd in order to simply get laid. Some men could easily go to an Army surplus store, buy some uniforms and ribbons, come up with false tales of heroism, action and adventure to woo women instead of learning game and self improvement. If this happens, these guys must be called out and publicly shamed as if they were a slut.

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

Quote: (03-11-2015 06:15 PM)Spectrumwalker Wrote:  

I hope to god this wouldn't become a trend. Though I could foresee some men resulting to this tactic in an attempt to appear more masculine and stand out from the herd in order to simply get laid.

Most of the guys who lie about this shit don't do it to get laid. Most women couldn't care less. They do it to impress other men. It's a weird ego thing to try and one up the guy next to you like that.

Quote: (03-11-2015 06:14 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

He even has military tats on him, always claims he's apart some famous video or he was there, he even claimed to know Dan Bilzerian.

Some people just have psychopaths and will do anything for the thirst uh I mean attention.

Tell us more about this guy.

Do any of these fake veterans/servicemen ever claim to be ex-coast guard or is that not glamorous enough?

Quote: (03-11-2015 06:28 PM)Ghaleon Wrote:  

Quote: (03-11-2015 06:14 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Tell us more about this guy.

He's just a compulsive liar, seriously lies about everything.

Always fronts with girls, then becomes a provider when in a relationship.

Dude even tried text gaming our friends 16 year old sister.

We called him out asking for his DD 214 to settle it, of course he backed out.

He's more of a joke nowadays when we joke about things now.

Doing your taxes is hot, its whats going down in the streets.
[Image: ness-doing-taxes.png]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Story time...

Was in the bar one afternoon hanging out with one of my co-workers who is a bonafide, validated, Vietnam vet Navy Seal. Anyways, some guy sitting next to us at the bar somehow mentioned something to someone about parachutes and Airborne and so my friend and i perked up and listened in.
After a moment or two we joined in and let the guy ramble on about his adventures in the Airborne doing combat jumps, firefights, etc. To say the guy was full of shit was an understatement but he did know enough to fool ordinary folks and if he didn't get carried away he could have gotten over on those who had non combat type jobs during their service. But the particulars on certain weapons and gear he was talking about was just not on but he was so entertaining that we just sat back and enjoyed his bullshit as it was rather first class.

Finally, we figured enough was enough and began asking pointed questions about his experiences. After letting him hang himself, we let on to our past. My friend took off his shirt and gave a point by point description of his various wound scars and how, where and when he got them. Then he proceeded to name his unit, where they were deployed, etc, etc. By this time he was rather tipsy, pissed the hell off, and was set on caving the guys skull in with a stool. Me? I was hot to join in as i've always had a hatred for these fake fucks.

The guy was shitting himself by then and didn't now what to say so we basically told him to get the fuck out of our bar and don't come back or we were going to beat the absolute shit out of him on sight.

Asshole takes off and leaves his fresh pitcher, bartender didn't give a fuck, we enjoy free beer.

Both of those were instantly recognizable as phonies. The kid was wearing an incomplete uniform and the "Sergeant Major" was wearing a ridiculous mix of ribbons and medals.

Another wrong thing with the SMAJ is that he defends himself to those young marines. I have known a number of Marine Corps Sergeants Major over the years and I will tell you that none of them would bother to justify themselves to young military guys like that. The real thing would brush them off.

If you want a good time about stuff like this, go to US Army WTF!

[Image: qcmhj3.jpg]

https://www.facebook.com/usawtfm

Back in the late 80's I was in the military sitting in a bar in Honolulu. There were 2 groups of military guys in there lying about themselves. One group of Navy pilots were telling chicks that they were in Special Forces. Some Special Forces guys were telling chicks that they were Navy pilots. It got really funny when the groups kinda merged, and they backed each others bullshit to get laid. Smart military dudes always lie to women about what they do during deployments. This was during RIMPAC, back in the day before the first Gulf War.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Quote: (03-11-2015 07:15 PM)kleyau Wrote:  

If you want a good time about stuff like this, go to US Army WTF!

https://www.facebook.com/usawtfm

This dipshit wears his beret like a pizza boy.

It's actually a pretty common theme for guys even in the military to lie about what they've done.

Every asshole in basic was some sort of state champion wrestler or martial arts expert.

Every regular army twat was in SF or Delta or a Ranger.

It's easy to tell who's lying and who isn't if you were a part of any of these groups.

Quote: (03-11-2015 07:15 PM)kleyau Wrote:  

We're all overlooking the obvious thing here..what the fuck was Wesley Snipes doing running around pretending to be a Sgt. Major?

My cousin's husband was in the US Military in The Gulf War in 1990. He told me he never even went to Iraq, he was stationed in Germany and his team were painting the tanks a sand colour. He saw no combat.

How honest could somebody in his team be without making themselves look like chumps? I guess sometimes guys have to embellish things to impress people...

To me the guy with the camera just comes off as obnoxious. He really has nothing else going on with his life so he's going to harass someone about their uniform, fake or not. That's just strange.

Watching this shit really pisses me off. Those two guys should have been beaten up. To do something like this takes a real cold, amoral, sociopath. They should have been beaten up and thrown down a flight of stairs.

You can tell in 2 seconds that these guys are frauds. First guy: cammies all fucked up, sleeves fucked up, slouching around like a punk. Even a real Navy squid slimebag wouldn't be that bad.

And the second prick. The fake "Sgt Major" who is about 10 years too young to be a real Sgt. Maj. Decorations all mixed up, all fucked up, all askew.

Beaten up for wearing some clothes? That's weird.

If a guy wants to wear a costume to help him game some dumb broads go ahead.

This is like seeing someone with a wedding band on at a bar and filming it on your phone as you ask to see his marriage license.

Quote: (03-11-2015 08:15 PM)iamdegaussed Wrote:  

This is like seeing someone with a wedding band on at a bar and filming it on your phone as you ask to see his marriage license.

No, you're wrong.

It's not a "costume." It's a symbol of hardships endured, of a lifestyle, of achievement, and of suffering.

Wearing a uniform or decorations that you never earned is FRAUD. It's taking under false pretenses. It's exactly the same as a broker or banker who sells you fraudulent instruments.

It's done to extract benefits (emotional or otherwise) from people. And it's an insult to everyone else who had to devote years of their lives--and I mean years--to earn those honors.

I'm proud of those guys for calling the thieves out. They should have detained them by force and called the police.

Right, I meant it was a costume for the guy wearing it that didn't serve.

Looking up more information on it though it is apparently illegal to wear that stuff without having served, so the guy filming should have indeed alerted authorities.

Quote: (03-11-2015 08:15 PM)iamdegaussed Wrote:  

No, not even close. It's not just a uniform, a medal, or an insignia. These guys are pretending to be individuals who actually risked their lives in service during combat. It's very insulting.

I had family members who were in WW2 and various other conflicts in east asia and it would be very disrespectful for some silly faggot to play pretend with something that meant so much to them and really the people they bled for.

It makes a mockery of the whole thing and is a con. These guys deserve to get beaten down hard for this.

Quote: (03-11-2015 08:28 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

I had family members who were in WW2 and various other conflicts in east asia and it would be very disrespectful for some silly faggot to play pretend with something that meant so much to them and really the people they bled for.

Funny you should say that, because I take the view that one of the biggest thefts of valour has happened and is happening, with the watering down of criteria for bravery awards and the issuing of medals for acts that are not really above and beyond the call of duty.

Let's do a little comparison:

[Image: 614px-GEN_Petraeus_Aug_2011_Photo.jpg]

[Image: 20100624061001%21Dwight_D_Eisenhower2.jpg]

One of these men served in the US Army for 46 years, commanded the largest multinational land force ever put together, other than Zhukov commanded the largest land army in modern times, and commanded the largest seaborne invasion in history against an opponent that had a roughly equivalent sized conventional military.

The other served in the US Army for 37 years, was not born at the time of Korea, was too young to serve in Vietnam, had command of a single division against a pathetically outmatched opponent, and failed to subdue satisfactorily any particular country his forces were assigned to when he hit four-star general rank. (We need not discuss his post-army work or who what he was doing while at that four-star general rank.)

Any outsider looking at them is left with the distinct impression that Petraeus was a vastly more competent and/or vastly braver man than Eisenhower. I don't doubt any military guy looking at them can see which medals are for perforations and which are for pie-eating contests, but medals are a projection of achievements to civilians, not other soldiers. The US Army's prime job, at least as I understood it and sure as hell as Douglas Macarthur described it on his farewell address, is winning the US's wars.

(One side issue: unlike Eisenhower, Petraeus had a medal for bravery: Bronze Star with V device, for valour. The problem being (a) the circumstances for the award of the V device are suspect and people have trouble finding records of the citation justifying its award and (b) if you're a senior commanding officer, as at major general level, and you wind up in a scenario where you can earn a bravery medal for being in direct combat, you would generally think something has gone very badly wrong at the strategic or command level for which you bear responsibility. Particularly when said bravery medal was "earned" while "fighting" a ragtag of third-rate conventional forces. Petraeus's "bravery" award sounds more like a "dumbass general" award than anything else in that respect.)

(And one other side issue: Eisenhower's photograph here was taken in 1943, when he took command of the Allied forces. He's got five medals there. For the rest of his US Army career, including V-E Day, he earned another five. That's it.)

There's a much longer argument to be made here about the questionable nature of a lot of military medals -- or at least the questionable impression sought to be left that the wearer has always earned each and every one for bravery or heroism. One of the most recent and glaring examples of that was how Patrick Tillman managed to (posthumously) be awarded a Silver Star and Purple Heart when all the evidence seems to be pointing towards him being the victim of friendly fire and the subject of a coverup going to some of the highest levels of the military and government. The medals seem to have been given to try and make the Tillman family shut up and go away, which, to their credit, they refused. Or take the joking around about the CIB, the Combat Infantryman's Badge, which might be basically an attendance medal, but at least it's for attendance at a battlefront. During the first Gulf War it was handed out so often the joke was that CIB stood for "Crossed Iraqi Border".

Lest I be accused of being someone who does not support the military, I do, and stolen valour is a legitimate issue. But the watering down of medals and the apparent desire of the US's generals to look like Idi Amin is just as big a concern - because it's doing "legally" what imposters do illegally -- giving the impression of being more competent or brave than they really are.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

In Canada, there was a "fake soldier", Franck Gervais, attending a remembrance day memorial and was interviewed on tv. Real soldiers got pissed when they saw him on tv. Apparently he wore the uniform at his wedding too.

Police charged him and he plead guilty.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/03/04/...ds-guilty/

In the US, don't these guys get charged for this?

Yeah dead giveaway for that shitheel was the chinstrap. It also went to show how shitty the reporters were by just going after the flashiest guy there.

They should send these assholes to military prisons.

That's a very interesting comparison between Eisenhower and Petraeus. Goes go show its not how many medals you got but how you handled your responsibilities.

'Logic Over Emotion Since 2013'