rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Alternatives to drinking-GHB

The drinking part of the equation is not working for my training. Huey Lewis was on to something.

I've been looking into different drugs/options and here's why I think GHB might be a good, even healthy alternative

Pros:

It's a naturally occurring substance in most living things.

Athletes reported using it to help sleep and had some of the most restful sleep they've ever had.

It's been used to treat sleeping disorders with success but was abandoned for other methods (read pharmaceuticals)

No hangover and will not hurt your workouts

Cons:

Illegal as fuck

Mixing with alcohol is a possibility since you're going to be fucked up and may just say "screw it" and have another drink

Too much and you could die

Anyone have any first hand experiences or better alternatives to drinking please chime in.

I have no fist hand experience, but I know a little bit about it as I did some research for a severe anxiety disorder that my brother has.

It acts on the GABA neurotransmitters, very similar to alcohol and/ or Benzodiazepines (benzos) like Xanax.

Your pretty spot on about what it does and the risks, except like Benzos, there is a risk of addiction, withdrawal, and the effects are likely to decrease over time (like most addictive substances - especially anything that acts on GABA).

As far as alternatives go, the best alternative currently is Phenibut. Phenibut is currently legal and you can buy it in bulk powder (at least the last time that I checked).

Phenibut isn't supposed to be quite as good as GHB, but its supposed to work pretty damn well with the benefit that its still legal and reasonably easy to obtain. Since it acts very similar to GHB, all of the benefits and risks are essentially the same. If you take too much, you may get the spins and throw up just like if you were too drunk. But, hands down, its supposedly the best OTC non-alcohol anxiety reducer on the market. Just don't take too much for too long. Space your consumption out a bit.

Right when I graduated from High School GHB was still legal and my friends and I used to drink it at house parties. Wed knock back like a cap full of it and then chase it with a 40. Wed be lit up. Fortunately never saw any overdoses but definitely saw some of my boys GONE off of it.

Im with you on looking for alternatives though the booze really does a # on you, lot of unnecessary calories. Painkillers put me in a good spot so I may go that route but the problem is I always still end up drinking as well.

Hydro, just ordered some Phenibut. Sounds promising.

Frost, I can't do pills. They get me in an irritable mood and I feel just as hungover besides....plus the drinking thing def still happens....

Are you substituting phenibut for alcohol as well as using it to help you go to sleep?

I'd be careful with G, it can be very easy to overdose on it and you're essentially drinking something that can strip paint. I've seen a few people end up fucking up on this stuff,.

G is bad fuckin news. I personally know 2 people that have died from it as well as a bunch of people that 'G'd out'. It's no joke, extremely dangerous.

I didn't like the effects whatsoever, all the positives are grossly overstated. Along with being the worst tasting liquid you will ever taste in your life.

Stay away.

Yeah, that stuff is mad dangerous.

I wrote up a Data Sheet a while back on all types of drugs.

Doing Drugs and Picking Up Girls http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2009/09/doi...girls.html

Why can't you just stick to straight liquor to avoid weight gain?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (05-15-2011 01:29 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Bacardi and diet ftw

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

I'll second that. G Manifesto's advice about top shelf vodka and tonic made wonders for me.

Quote: (05-15-2011 07:57 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

I'll second that. G Manifesto's advice about top shelf vodka and tonic made wonders for me.

Nice.

I actually go top shelf vodka and soda with a lime.

No hangovers.

Cleanest cocktail you can drink.

When you say topshelf, is that Grey Goose, or is there a whole nother echelon of vodka I dont know about?

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

G,how many vodka and sodas do you drink with no hangover??

Quote: (05-15-2011 07:57 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Vodka tonics have a lot of calories due to the tonic, I think G goes with Vodka soda.

"When you say topshelf, is that Grey Goose, or is there a whole nother echelon of vodka I dont know about?"

I don't claim to be a vodka expert, but yeah, Goose, Ketel, Belvedre, or some other top shelf vodka. I am open to whatever, as long as it is top shelf.

Be aware though: its not a cheap habit. $16 a pop in LA or South Beach is pretty standard fare.

Cocaine is probably cheaper. Ha. Definitely E-tabs are.

"G,how many vodka and sodas do you drink with no hangover??"

I am a bad gauge since I am half Irish. I can drink tons of those, and seem normal.

Honestly, I think one day and night at the Del Mar Racetrack I drank close to 30. My running partner had close to 40. No joke. Most people wont believe that, but it is dead true.

The thing with Vodka/sodas is you get in the zone heavy. They go down like water and you feel great. When you are in the zone, you don't even get drunk. Its pretty amazing sh*t for a legal drug.

"Vodka tonics have a lot of calories due to the tonic, I think G goes with Vodka soda."

Not sure about the calories, but tonic I heard has quinine in it. I am not sure what that even is but I think it gets you hung over.

Vodka Soda is the cleanest, so I go with that.

I also drink a lot of wine, which doesn't get me hungover either, sake, beer (if I am in a country where beer is big).

I kicked my beer habit with scotch and soda, or straight bourbon, or straight scotch. I like vodka and soda if I add a little lime to the mix, otherwise I usually stick to some sort of whiskey. Next time you're at a bar and you're craving a beer, try a Johnny Walker Red and Soda. It's a nice way to go.

It's a nice clean drunk, and I rarely ever have hangovers anymore. Also, I think it's important to note that if you're going with vodka and soda that you ought to at least get a mid-level or top-shelf vodka, otherwise you're going to be getting a bad hangover with the well shizwizz, ya heard?

Quote: (05-15-2011 08:31 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

When you say topshelf, is that Grey Goose, or is there a whole nother echelon of vodka I dont know about?

Russky Standart Platinum and Beluga are the best ones for me, but very hard to find here in US in bars (even though BevMo is now selling it). Try it if you like a good vodka.

Besides that, Belvedere or Grey Goose are good and easy to find. Three Olives is as good, but here I only found it in 5-star hotel lounges.

Remember, if you gonna drink vodka, EAT a dinner before you go out. And make it a good piece of meat, not a bowl of ice cream. Otherwise you'll fuck yourself up pretty fast.

For me, drinking from weight gain isn't an issue. I usually drink a scotch and soda these days. That actually seems to be much better for me hangoverwise than the vodka sodas. I don't know why. The trouble I have, is the quality of my training goes to shit when I'm hungover.

I'll read through the data sheet Gman.

Thanks for the advice on the GHB. I'm gonna try it conservatively and see what happens, I still think it can theoretically be a better off alternative.

I'll report back here with my findings

in Gmanifesto's data sheet someone recommended "Salvia" as a new drug that's still legal in the states. anyone ever tried this?

You can drink and be lean if you do it right.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-a...uscle.html

yeah salvia is kind of strange. This dude came over to play halo one day and he smoked some pretty strong salvia(depending on how concentrated the plant is). He told me it was alot of fun to play halo and it only lasts for a short amount of time. Also, when you come down you feel normal right away as opposed to the sleepiness of weed and depression and muscle aches of x

Youre not swooping ANY girls while on Salvia. I did it once and was outside of my God damn mind. It only lasts for like 10 mins but its intense! The only way I can break it down is take the highest on weed youve ever been in your entire life and multiply by like 10. Kicks right though as soon as it wears off you feel fine again, real weird sensation. While I was on it it kind of felt like being really high mixed with mushrooms.

What's wrong with y'all drinking ghb. Now I'm curious lol. I used to get wasted every weekend but since I've been working out and trying to focus on my game, I'll just smoke some and take a few shots. I don't like getting to fucked up anymore.

Why would you buy salvia? You can get some bud for the price of that shit

After reading this post I decided to buy a bottle of Phenibut.Its on my desk right now.I will be taking some at 3:00 est and give a report around 6pm.Three of my friends are coming also and they normally take double of anything they can get their hands on and mix with weed alcohol etc. I will observe that also.