rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Healthy Eating diagnosed as disorder - Orthorexia Nervosa

"In an attempt to curb the mass rush for food change and reform, psychiatry has green lighted a public relations push to spread awareness about their new buzzword “orthorexia nervosa,” defined as “a pathological obsession for biologically pure and healthy nutrition.” In other words, experts are saying that our demand for nutrient-dense, healthful food is a mental disorder that must be treated.

CNN, Fast Company, Popular Science, and other top outlets have all began to trumpet the talking points on cue relatively recently:

“Orthorexia nervosa is a label designated to those who are concerned about eating healthy. Characterized by disordered eating fueled by a desire for “clean” or “healthy” foods, those diagnosed with the condition are overly pre-occupied with the nutritional makeup of what they eat”."
http://www.globalresearch.ca/officials-d...er/5431992

Time to jump ship boys, pretty soon you will go to the doctor and be prescribed Coke and Donuts.

Quote: (Yesterday 09:16 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

"In an attempt to curb the mass rush for food change and reform, psychiatry has green lighted a public relations push to spread awareness about their new buzzword “orthorexia nervosa,” defined as “a pathological obsession for biologically pure and healthy nutrition.” In other words, experts are saying that our demand for nutrient-dense, healthful food is a mental disorder that must be treated.

CNN, Fast Company, Popular Science, and other top outlets have all began to trumpet the talking points on cue relatively recently:

“Orthorexia nervosa is a label designated to those who are concerned about eating healthy. Characterized by disordered eating fueled by a desire for “clean” or “healthy” foods, those diagnosed with the condition are overly pre-occupied with the nutritional makeup of what they eat”."

Time to jump ship boys, pretty soon you will go to the doctor and be prescribed Coke and Donuts.

While I can appreciate that people are trying to be healthier, I would say there is some serious paranoia and anxiety when it comes to Americans and food. Maybe as a backlash against the processed foods industry, but there have never been so many "allergies" or dietary restrictions before. People that go into a restaurant and ask the waiter if everything is organic, that kind of bullshit.

I do think it's ridiculous that they've coined a medical disorder for this, but I think you're reaching with the Coke and Donuts comment. America is the land of extremes, where on one side you have the morbidly obese that eat mostly processed food, and then on the other side you have neurotic raw, vegan, can't-eat-this, can't-eat-that, high maintenance assholes.

America has no real food culture of its own, with the exception of New England and Southern cooking, neither of which could be called a national cuisine. So it goes with our dietary habits. We've long been fed a buffet of lies from the USDA and other corporate-sponsored mouthpieces from the cattle and dairy industry, and it's understandably daunting for many people to know what to eat or cook.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

It seems that anything and everything today can be diagnosed as some sort of new age disorder. Instead of a kid being willful, they now have Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Even in the 1800's they came up with a term called Drapetomania.
Give it a read.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Quote: (Yesterday 09:37 PM)Veloce Wrote:  

While I can appreciate that people are trying to be healthier, I would say there is some serious paranoia and anxiety when it comes to Americans and food. Maybe as a backlash against the processed foods industry, but there have never been so many "allergies" or dietary restrictions before. People that go into a restaurant and ask the waiter if everything is organic, that kind of bullshit.

I do think it's ridiculous that they've coined a medical disorder for this, but I think you're reaching with the Coke and Donuts comment. America is the land of extremes, where on one side you have the morbidly obese that eat mostly processed food, and then on the other side you have neurotic raw, vegan, can't-eat-this, can't-eat-that, high maintenance assholes.

America has no real food culture of its own, with the exception of New England and Southern cooking, neither of which could be called a national cuisine. So it goes with our dietary habits. We've long been fed a buffet of lies from the USDA and other corporate-sponsored mouthpieces from the cattle and dairy industry, and it's understandably daunting for many people to know what to eat or cook.

False. Go to Chicago. The food capital of the world. We have just about everything under the sun. Crazy healthy to crazy bad food. You can have just about every nationality/culture's food here.

Chicago does things it's own way. Our own pizza, hot dog, Italian beef and polish sausage. It's only this city famous for our giardiniera and sport peppers which is hard to come by anywhere else.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Quote: (Yesterday 09:37 PM)Veloce Wrote:  

There is a disorder here. A personality disorder. It's called narcissism.

Down under, this cock spank is the current poster boy. Gents, meet Pete Evans. Activated almonds anyone?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/activat...6510506842

[Image: 781108-b9779d48-8e20-11e3-8dff-f6af7c30323d.jpg]
Pete Evans (on the left) enjoying a reach around from his MKR beard, Manu Feidel

Quote: (Yesterday 11:26 PM)Snowplow Wrote:  

Chicago does things it's own way. Our own pizza....

You call this pizza?

[Image: img_4047.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Theorethically, there sure people who take their "healthy eating" to an obsessive and damaging degree. But we all know this introduction isn't about those people, but about making the roaming pods of whales feeling better about themselves.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before