rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Perhaps Our Greatest Competition is not Other Men

Roosh's latest blog post hit on something that I have been thinking for a while but have never articulated.

Quote:Quote:

at that moment I was more exciting than her smartphone or friends. In other words, I was just another TV channel, another app, another web site, another radio station, another dancing cock

Roosh was talking about that specific moment, but I would go a little further and say that to some extent we are all just another TV channel, app, etc.

What I am saying here is that perhaps our greatest competition is not from other men, but from these artificial things that women fill their lives with.

Maybe instead of asking ourselves if we are as good our as interesting as other men we should be asking ourselves if we are as good or as interesting as the popular apps and TV shows.

Now obviously a woman can't get fucked by a TV show, so you can still win there. However, if you are really looking to capture a sincere interest from a woman you have to beat out all these artificial stimuli.

Maybe you are more interesting than the herd of boring beta males, but are you more interesting than her favorite TV show?

This is all just speculation.

What do you guys think?

Well, of course. That is the whole point of modern game. We ARE competing with FaceBook apps, TV channels, and Farmville. That's our challenge as modern men in the Game.

Quote: (02-18-2015 01:04 PM)General Mayhem Wrote:  

Roosh's latest blog post hit on something that I have been thinking for a while but have never articulated.

Quote:Quote:

at that moment I was more exciting than her smartphone or friends. In other words, I was just another TV channel, another app, another web site, another radio station, another dancing cock

Roosh was talking about that specific moment, but I would go a little further and say that to some extent we are all just another TV channel, app, etc.

What I am saying here is that perhaps our greatest competition is not from other men, but from these artificial things that women fill their lives with.

Maybe instead of asking ourselves if we are as good our as interesting as other men we should be asking ourselves if we are as good or as interesting as the popular apps and TV shows.

Now obviously a woman can't get fucked by a TV show, so you can still win there. However, if you are really looking to capture a sincere interest from a woman you have to beat out all these artificial stimuli.

Maybe you are more interesting than the herd of boring beta males, but are you more interesting than her favorite TV show?

This is all just speculation.

What do you guys think?

I agree with this. It continues to blow me away how most women will pass up a quality man in favor of doing some stupid, mindless activity. And by quality I mean most of us here on RVF who have superior game, good style and fitness which puts us above most of the average chumps out there. Back in the pre smart phone, online dating days women had to invest more in their interactions with men and appreciated the value that we bring them. Now like Roosh says we're just another app to temporarily occupy their ADD...

Nah - these are just the tools to optimize hypergamy - the reality is that this is our biggest enemy:

[Image: single%20men%20women%20map%2018-24.png]

If it were similar to the Ukraine, Belarus or Russia, then it would look like this - only with much younger birds:

[Image: single%20men%20women%20map%2045-64.png]

Behind the apps are the thirsty dicks lavishing them with attention.

Men with Game are the minority and they are not our competition - it is the armies of starving Blue Pill Betas and Omegas.

If by some magic every men knew Game overnight, then suddenly all girls would not get one Facebook or Instagram like. Instead almost everyone would start teasing or ignoring them. The hamsters would shape up in no time. But of course that is pure fantasy.

She's getting schlonged from somewhere. I exhort all men to put as much distance between that 5-by-3 inch shit as possible. Put your hands on her. A smartphone never will.

People have always had sex and always will, and that won't change. I'd just tell them to put their phone down and look at me!

The phone/internet/beta thirst are the evil trio's that are a regular mans competition.

For the awakened man, not so much, since skilled sailors know how to navigate these waters.

folks aren't even touching the surface here.

There's a famous sociological essay called Bowling Alone. People have been interacting less with each other for decades.

It started with radio, then tv, then the net. Now we've got the net everywhere. A bunch of you guys would drive back home if you forgot your smartphone.

The ripple effect hits tv, cinema, plays, concerts, music...

A chick just wrote a book about how iPads in the classroom are not only affecting vision, but speech patterns, self regulation, and lots of other things that are ESSENTIAL to being a functioning member of society. This is happening to children, facilitated by the richest of parents.

Game wise, Guys here are yakking about optimizing negs on Facebook posts.

The homie Farmageddon was saying that in the not so far future, the average guy will need fame more than game.

I had to think pretty hard on that one. He's right. Unless I make special arrangements, I can go awhile without seeing a stranger, much less an attractive and available girl. I make the effort. But these chicks are not coming out

In Nyc, you can get everything delivered. Restaurant food, groceries, drugs, on top of Amazon. Throw in telecommuting and "creative work"..

Modernization in an advanced western economy is taking a lot of desirable women out of casual contact with men.

No church, no workplace, less inclined to go to social spaces open to the general public, LED crack in their purses.

Does it end? We've already seen what happens to Japan.

Social media and binge watching traditional media keeps her at home. A billion thirsty guys all liking her posts means that she rarely has to interact or act right. Throw in the social safety net, and you'll find most western women are in an enviable position.

Yet they are so unhappy and unfulfilled.

WIA

Our greatest competition is with ourselves.

These topics bother me because they posit that a man's happiness is dependent on women.

I.e. If she is being distracted by her iphone, it begs the question...what is she being distracted from that it affects you?

The answer is that she is being distracted from YOU, which means you are emotionally dependent on female attention. That is not a good state to be in.

I bang girls because it's fun and feels good, but my end goal isn't to save the human race from itself. I want to experience city life, lots of women, etc., but I'm not going to find happiness here. The sooner I can sell my shit, disconnect my internet, and move to some remote place in the mountains, the sooner I will find true happiness, because it will come from within me.

But for now, I like our fucked up crazy culture. It's entertaining and wildly fascinating. But in no way is my long term happiness dependent on it.

Quote: (02-18-2015 03:59 PM)BlurredSevens Wrote:  

The sooner I can sell my shit, disconnect my internet, and move to some remote place in the mountains

Good idea. When I'm too old for this shit, this is exactly what I'm going to do.

I've learned my lesson from this one girl that started out with holding hands and making out. After that was a year and a half of beta orbiting till I discovered Rooshfourm and confronted her. I pissed after 1 and 1/2 years of wasting time I've learned this lesson . Met this girl and after a month of solid game on and off confronted her and told me shes not interested. This is after i felt up her ass(which she had no problem with) , she felt my inner thigh , and I was feeling the vibe. I swear man women do it for the attention , it pisses me off but then again thats just women.

Adam says to God, "God, why did you make women so soft ?"
God says, "So that you will like them."
Adam says to God, "God, why did you make women so warm and cuddly?"
God says, "So that you will like them."
Adam says to God, "But, God, why did you make them so stupid?"
God says, "So that they will like you"

You will rarely outcompete all these distracting factors for one very simple reason: comfort zone.

While on her phone/app she is enjoying entertainment in complete comfort. There's absolutely no risk, no danger to her ego involved while satisfying all her need for drama and attention. So unless she really wants to get laid with a man 3 points above her SMV, or getting drunk at a bar and just wanna ride some cock, there's no real reason she would choose a man over a thing. Because she then has to deal with a plethora of scenarios that her atrophied social skills are simply unable to respond to: will her call? will he commit? does he like me? will he "rape" me etc. Women are risk-avoiders.

This is why women lie to others and to themselves about their orbiters "Oh he is a friend/my brother" Deep down they know he wants her booty but they lie so that they dont have to face the discomfort of confronting the fact that someone wants her for something other than her "awesome personality"

Talking to a few cute girls I know lately I've realized that girls no longer stay with BF because she "like" him anymore. It's more to fulfill a social expectation and to have that constant reminder that she is attractive to someone. She gets all of her entertainment from her beta orbiters and media.

Risk avoidance is the same reason that men refuse to improve themselves. It's the same reasons we have so many losers and fat girls. Nobody wants to get out of their comfort zone. Those who do quickly want to go back. Those who stay rarely go far enough.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Quote: (02-18-2015 03:18 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

There's a famous sociological essay called Bowling Alone. People have been interacting less with each other for decades.

It started with radio, then tv, then the net. Now we've got the net everywhere. A bunch of you guys would drive back home if you forgot your smartphone.

A chick just wrote a book about how iPads in the classroom are not only affecting vision, but speech patterns, self regulation, and lots of other things that are ESSENTIAL to being a functioning member of society. This is happening to children, facilitated by the richest of parents.

The homie Farmageddon was saying that in the not so far future, the average guy will need fame more than game.

I had to think pretty hard on that one. He's right. Unless I make special arrangements, I can go awhile without seeing a stranger, much less an attractive and available girl. I make the effort. But these chicks are not coming out

In Nyc, you can get everything delivered. Restaurant food, groceries, drugs, on top of Amazon. Throw in telecommuting and "creative work"..

Modernization in an advanced western economy is taking a lot of desirable women out of casual contact with men.

No church, no workplace, less inclined to go to social spaces open to the general public, LED crack in their purses.

Social media and binge watching traditional media keeps her at home. A billion thirsty guys all liking her posts means that she rarely has to interact or act right. Throw in the social safety net, and you'll find most western women are in an enviable position.

WIA

I really hope you elaborate on this a little more WIA.

I like the direction this thread has gone in. When I started this thread I wasn't even thinking about a lot of the things that have been brought up here.

Quote: (02-18-2015 03:18 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

WIA

Interesting post. I think an economic phenomena might play a part in all this: Lowering transaction costs.

In the same way firms wish to lower the cost of goods and services used in production (usually by internalizing smaller production elements), so to are human beings out to lower the costs of transactions in various facets of their lives.

Social media greatly lowers thetransaction cost of social validation, for instance. Posting a pic or 'status' on fb requres minimal effort to elicite great response (especially if the poster is an attractice female. Little investment is needed to get social validation over soical media.

Tinder/OKC are similiar in that they take away many of the up front costs required to meet potential mates, including the cost it takes to drive/walk to bar and pay for a drink. Even beyond approach anxiety (for men) and dealing with 'creepy dudes' (for women), social media dating tools work to lower the transaction costs, at least in part, by internalizing the prodcution process in mating: Both men and women can screen out potential bad dates with minimal effort.

The down side to the bowling alone phenomena and transaction cost reductions are that humans don't invest neary as much in each other as has been the case for thousands of years. A remote worker, for instance, is easier to replace than one in a actual office setting, partially at least because there is 0 emotional/human interaction with said person.. which leads to substantially lower levels of empathy, and the ability to fire people with 0 emotional costs invovled. A simliar thing is going on with the online / mainstream dating market.

There are pros and cons, as when any new social system comes about, and we are living on the frontier...

So the graphics with the blue dots where there are more single men in the 18-24 range. I don't see it as bad, I just see it as what's normal. A woman in the 18-24 range is desired by men in the 18-50 range. A man in the 18-24 range is desired by women in the 18-24 range, roughly. That's a whole lot of men competing for these young chicks. The sad part is when chicks get high on "so many men want me, woohoo" and wake up when they're 35. Which happens so often.

As far as distractions, apps, web sites, etc. frankly I'm much more worried about how these things affect me, than girls. Every stupid company out there is competing for our attention and with phones and computers, we're so available to them.

On the other hand, I've had cases when I open girls on public transport when they're using their apps and ask them about the app. One was using Tinder, another was using Instagram, another was using some app for directions, and so on.

Smartphones, TV channels & C.O. are just delivery channels for "men", so I think you're mistaken. Our competition really is other men, only it's being amplified by these unfortunate technologies and societal changes.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Tyler Cowan, famed economist made or at least reported a similar statement.

The general problem with economic analysis of the "dating market" is the rational actor problem. These hoes ain't rational.

But going with it for a second, tinder lowers the transactional cost for a good looking guy who photographs well.

"To he who hath, more is given."

I would not be surprised that the engineers and programmers that created these dating sites and apps aren't able to use them to get the girls of their dreams, because the medium is optimized to give girls what they want. *insert sexual harassment suit from tinder's founder*

So pretty boy who's also tall and possibly rich gets more pussy easier.

Advanced economies reduce physical interaction with the wrong kind.

There are no pros for guys without height and looks.

Scientists and women believe in assortative mating, the idea that people of similar beauty date each other.

6's date 6's and 9's date 9's. Plenty of "game gurus" believe that horse shit too.

But that's not actually how the world works. Objectively unattractive women often do not think of themselves that way, and neither do attractive men feel the same. The borderline girl is getting plenty of attention now with social media, but she got that attention before.

Pussy has always been overvalued, and many plain broad has gotten pregnant by her "betters" because of it. Pretty boy might have just wanted a nut and ended up with a kid.

Thirsty attractive guys who did fine in the real world are now much more accessible to ugly chicks. This trend locks out guys with game and without it.

A chick can rationally hold out when a guy isn't there in her face playing on her hormones and emotions. Face to face a guy with game can present an effective argument, even when she's looking down at her phone. But online, while she's alone...

You're going to need a minor bit of fame to cut through the noise.

All of This is great news for evopsych guys, attractive and tall men will make the overall gene pool better. Right?

WIA

Quote: (02-19-2015 12:00 AM)ordinaryleastsquared Wrote:  

WIA

Interesting post. I think an economic phenomena might play a part in all this: Lowering transaction costs.

In the same way firms wish to lower the cost of goods and services used in production (usually by internalizing smaller production elements), so to are human beings out to lower the costs of transactions in various facets of their lives.

Social media greatly lowers thetransaction cost of social validation, for instance. Posting a pic or 'status' on fb requres minimal effort to elicite great response (especially if the poster is an attractice female. Little investment is needed to get social validation over soical media.

Tinder/OKC are similiar in that they take away many of the up front costs required to meet potential mates, including the cost it takes to drive/walk to bar and pay for a drink. Even beyond approach anxiety (for men) and dealing with 'creepy dudes' (for women), social media dating tools work to lower the transaction costs, at least in part, by internalizing the prodcution process in mating: Both men and women can screen out potential bad dates with minimal effort.

The down side to the bowling alone phenomena and transaction cost reductions are that humans don't invest neary as much in each other as has been the case for thousands of years. A remote worker, for instance, is easier to replace than one in a actual office setting, partially at least because there is 0 emotional/human interaction with said person.. which leads to substantially lower levels of empathy, and the ability to fire people with 0 emotional costs invovled. A simliar thing is going on with the online / mainstream dating market.

There are pros and cons, as when any new social system comes about, and we are living on the frontier...
[/quote]

I love to discuss the relationship between game and technology! It is fascinating to me! I wonder how the invention of fire effected sexual relations?

I think about that kind of stuff..

The wheel? Gunpowder? Running water? The domestication of animals? The industrial revolution? The radio? The telephone? Etc... How did these things effect sex, dating, and mating?

Technology has always created winners and losers.

As always, adapt or die!

Currently, I try to use a woman's taste in media to my advantage. The music she likes, the movies, the shows, the websites, etc. These are all clues into her psyche. I study these clues and than cater my game specifically towards her tastes and preferences.

When I text her, call her, or ask her out on a date, these topics are fresh in my mind. I use her own interests to probe deeper in to her mind and hopefully form a bond with her.

I always ask about her favorite foods, music, movies, shows, websites, etc.

When I propose a date, it usually involves these things.

I use her interests to MY advantage!

The greatest competition is against ourselves!

Our high achieving self vs. our low achieving self.

Our weaknesses vs our work ethic.

Women have to compete against technology also.

I would rather masturbate to porn than bang a 6.

Soon, we will have "sex bots" and we may not even need each other any more!

Quote: (02-19-2015 12:34 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I don't want to be "that guy" but it disgusts me to even think of that eventuality. Just how far humans are willing to go to become inhuman?

Having sex is about the most natural, most human thing to do and more and more I feel like it's about the only natural thing we have in life aside from the ability to talk. We eat chemically contaminated food and water, wear clothes made out of synthetic material, live in tech-inhanced building, drive automated cars, have our body replaced with prosthetics, chat/text with people we don't even see through a talking box. And pretty damn sure one day some frustrated Japanese genius will invent some fantasy sexbot based on his hentai collection.

For me that will be the day the human existence will be ended.

dupe

Quote: (02-19-2015 12:34 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I love to discuss the relationship between game and technology! It is fascinating to me! I wonder how the invention of fire effected sexual relations?

I think about that kind of stuff..

The wheel? Gunpowder? Running water? The domestication of animals? The industrial revolution? The radio? The telephone? Etc... How did these things effect sex, dating, and mating?

Technology has always created winners and losers.

As always, adapt or die!

Currently, I try to use a woman's taste in media to my advantage. The music she likes, the movies, the shows, the websites, etc. These are all clues into her psyche. I study these clues and than cater my game specifically towards her tastes and preferences.

When I text her, call her, or ask her out on a date, these topics are fresh in my mind. I use her own interests to probe deeper in to her mind and hopefully form a bond with her.

I always ask about her favorite foods, music, movies, shows, websites, etc.

When I propose a date, it usually involves these things.

I use her interests to MY advantage!

The greatest competition is against ourselves!

Our high achieving self vs. our low achieving self.

Our weaknesses vs our work ethic.

Women have to compete against technology also.

I would rather masturbate to porn than bang a 6.

Another thing I hadn't thought about.

If we were taken back in time we would be discussing how to domesticate animals and use them to game women. Others would be bitching about how girls are so preoccupied by radio.

Quote: (02-18-2015 03:59 PM)BlurredSevens Wrote:  

The sooner I can sell my shit, disconnect my internet, and move to some remote place in the mountains, the sooner I will find true happiness, because it will come from within me.

Interesting sentiment. Can you elaborate? What's stopping you from doing this now?

Male thirst is the biggest obstacle to overcome. But these are tough elements to tackle as well.

WIA’s comment about needing fame to counteract the blizzard of media outlets is telling. With Facebook, Instagram, Tinder, etc., your average chick is a minor celebrity and your hot babes are superstars orbited by the adoring masses. So maybe fame game may be required as things progress.

Keep in mind that technology is both a sword and a shield. Sometimes I’ll drive into work with my girl and as soon as I drop her off, she reflexively puts in her headphones. Why? So she can better ignore the thirsty dudes who try to chat her up daily since she works in a rough part of the city. Think about this for a moment from a girl’s perspective - “I’ll don my headphones (like a celebrity wears sunglasses and a scarf) so my fans won’t bother me.” Its her reality, reinforced day in and day out, in real life and amplified on social media. Its chilling.

Gio, I like the zen of your approach. Take the technology and make it work for you. Bitches put it all out there on their social media pages. Most wise, master. Take a bow.

For folks who want to read more on how technology is changing our brains, specifically how tech used in schools is malforming young people

Mind Change by Susan Greenfield.

Was just released and it's on Amazon. Can't figure how to drop the affiliate link from the url, so just google it.

WIA