rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should i say sorry for cancelling

3 weeks ago I cancelled on catching up with this girl. She changed her online photo this week which has sparked my interest so I want to ask her out again.

When i cancelled on her three weeks ago, my sms was 'sorry [name], i have to cancel tonight.' She didn't reply back so she might be annoyed with me. What should I say via sms? Should i say sorry for cancelling on her 3 weeks ago?

Quote: (02-17-2015 06:29 PM)Ausguy Wrote:  

3 weeks ago I cancelled on catching up with this girl. She changed her online photo this week which has sparked my interest so I want to ask her out again.

When i cancelled on her three weeks ago, my sms was 'sorry [name], i have to cancel tonight.' She didn't reply back so she might be annoyed with me. What should I say via sms? Should i say sorry for cancelling on her 3 weeks ago?

NO don't apologize, the last thing you want to do is look weak, instead re initiate the conversation with something linking you two together, such as a sport, food, event, etc.

Basically you're restarting all over and sending out a feeler text to test the waters.

If she doesn't respond, no harm no foul, carry on.

If she does respond but she's a bit cold, probe to see if she wants to meet up.

If she responds warmly, push for a meet ASAP, strike while the iron is hot.

Why apologize for something you already apologized over?

-MVM

Don't apologize

I would apologize. You flaked on her man.

You're a man, your word is your bond.

Quote: (02-17-2015 06:34 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

NO don't apologize, the last thing you want to do is look weak, instead re initiate the conversation with something linking you two together, such as a sport, food, event, etc.

Basically you're restarting all over and sending out a feeler text to test the waters.

If she doesn't respond, no harm no foul, carry on.

If she does respond but she's a bit cold, probe to see if she wants to meet up.

If she responds warmly, push for a meet ASAP, strike while the iron is hot.

You should get off the forum and do what kaotic says.

Don't wait

Quote: (02-17-2015 06:38 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

I would apologize. You flaked on her man.

You're a man, your word is your bond.

He texted her already and apologized, he shouldn't need to do it again, even if she didn't respond.

Inverse question:

Girl cancels on you but gives you heads up ahead of time and a long text apologize. Do you reply to it with something like "ok another time then" or should you just go radio silence?

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Quote: (02-18-2015 04:59 AM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

Inverse question:

Girl cancels on you but gives you heads up ahead of time and a long text apologize. Do you reply to it with something like "ok another time then" or should you just go radio silence?

Surely one should try and reschedule there and then?

Quote: (02-18-2015 05:04 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Inverse question:

Im not sure. Trying to reschedule right then would feel too needy and eager. But if you say nothing she might think you get pissed off and thats also bad (unless she s already a lot into you), you wanna give off the impression that you are cool and even if she cancels you are still not a bit jaded.

Usually I dont reply to their sorry text but I would ask them out again in a week or so as if nothing ever happened, but cant say I have had great success with this

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

When you cancel you should reorganise a date there and then. You've already said sorry, why apologise again?

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (02-18-2015 05:09 AM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-18-2015 05:04 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Inverse question:

Im not sure. Trying to reschedule right then would feel too needy and eager. But if you say nothing she might think you get pissed off and thats also bad (unless she s already a lot into you), you wanna give off the impression that you are cool and even if she cancels you are still not a bit jaded.

Usually I dont reply to their sorry text but I would ask them out again in a week or so as if nothing ever happened, but cant say I have had great success with this

I think you're over thinking things a little mate.

If it's a genuine cancellation, I don't think it comes across as anything other than normal to reschedule.

Fuck apologizing for a canceled date. Just a quick "can't make it today" and then a reschedule. Only people I apologize to for missing an event would be in the professional world and in family matters.

“Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.”-Otto von Bismarck