rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Parks and Recreation and MTV Overplay Their Hand On "MRA"-Based Jokes

Backstory:

So apparently a recent episode of Parks and Recreation made fun of "Men's Rights Activists" (which, of course, very-few-to-none of us here consider ourselves to be--including myself). I tried to find a clip, but could find little more than animated gifs at this point. In short, it seems Amy Poehler's character's husband runs for some kind of office, and somewhere in all of that she gives a speech at some pie-eating contest--which I guess is probably funny if you spend the other 23 hours of the day staring at an iPhone screen to avoid eye contact with all the rapists on the subway during rush hour.

MRAs show up to the rally--one of them played by what one commenter called a "famous white knight"-- to protest the husband's pussy behavior and hold up signs. This is supposed to be the killer line from the episode:

[Image: giphy.gif]

MTV's website posted an article written by this prize, a Kase Wickman:

[Image: attachment.jpg24680]   

Partial body shot (WNB):

[Image: attachment.jpg24685]   

[Image: barf.gif]

Titled "Amy Poehler Just Crushed Men’s Rights Activists With Last Night’s ‘Parks And Recreation," the article telegraphs the content without having to click the link, but feel free.

That much is predictable.

Overplayed hand:

What's less predictable is the firestorm in the comments. Sure, you can attribute this to a certain number of so-called "MRAs" stepping in (and there are some talking-point-sounding comments that suggest it was written by a card-carrying "MRA") but, I'm astounded at the diversity of objections--and, more importantly, to the exclusion of the you-go-girl endorsements you'd expect.

Keep in mind this is on the MTV website, not some remote corner of the Internet.

Some highlights:

[Image: attachment.jpg24681]   

[Image: attachment.jpg24682]   

[Image: attachment.jpg24683]   

[Image: attachment.jpg24684]   

I've long said that, given enough rope, the fads of Tumblr feminism, internet mob enforcement, and media you-go-girlism would hang themselves. I keep seeing sign and after sign that this process is no longer a distant fantasy. I expect to see more and more pushback on this kind of noise.

Note for Newbies: This is how you share a news article. If an article is not worth this much work, you probably shouldn't be posting it. Especially note the pictures of the female "author" and my WB-WNB verdict.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Who would have guessed a stupid article would have come from someone with a professional picture of them wearing a newspaper hat?

This is one of the reason's I enjoy reading the comments to just about any news articles: Red pill wisdom is out there and you can't so easily dupe the masses.

By her other picture, I'm sure she enjoyed her self-congratulatory post with 10 donuts.

Tuthmosis I hope you're right, and I have a feeling you are.

It's impossible to know how much of the population believes what, but I have a feeling outside of college campuses and social media the vast majority of the U.S. is against the neo-KGB on the left.

My main fear is that the way colleges are teaching people right now, a lot of these people will then become teachers themselves in the public education system. Once little kids start getting fed all this shit the problem will become much harder to fix.

Whenever I see a post like this I think back to what Roosh wrote in 2013 I believe, about the Manosphere going mainstream. I thought he was being overly optimistic, but looks like he was on some next level Nostradamus type shit. "Every knock against you is a boost"- My Grandma

[Image: highfive.gif]

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

I used to watch the show. It had its good/humor moments. Ron is the only enjoyable character.
But I'm with Vinman on this. I was hopeful with Roosh's prediction. But the "first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, they fight you, then you win." quote is absolutely right. The tides are turning and more men are waking up. As men, we like a challenge. We are gaining numbers and have a goal.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

I actually never see much pro-feminisnt support on message boards/internet anywhere except for noted liberal shit holes like Gawker/Vox/Jezebel/Neogaf/Reddit. When I read on article on a place like Yahoo on fat-shaming the top comments will always be hugely against feminist nonsense. Feminist's are just somehow getting their way and being allowed to post there bullshit everywhere and even getting allowed to do it on national television events that cost millions like the Superbowl. This is what we really need search out and find out how it's possible. My first instinct would be that is is a bunch of thristy betas being offered sex/validation from these kunts for air time but I doubt high-level execs would be that beta.

Jon Stewart and the Daily Show team are also notorious for going against MRAs and making fun of them by twisting the words of someone even like Warren Farrell.

You don't get there till you get there

I checked out the "author" of this article. Basically she's nothing but a puff piece writer. Way to make that college degree pay off!

Quote: (02-15-2015 12:29 AM)Snowplow Wrote:  

I used to watch the show. It had its good/humor moments. Ron is the only enjoyable character.

I haven't watched it in about a year, but honestly it never struck me as pushing a SJW/feminist type of narrative.

Obviously one of the main characters is a female politican with an affinity for pants suits, but she's portrayed as annoying loser and is always fucking things up. Most of the other characters seem to feel more sorry for her than actually like here.

The only characters who aren't total fuck ups are:

- Ron, the very traditionally masculine and conservative character; they do poke fun at him at times, but he's usually seen as the wiser and more reasonable character
- Ann, who is a nurse, feminine, long hair, pretty; very deferential in her romantic relationships
- Chris, who is extremely health conscious and optimistic, successful and handsome; again, the brunt of a few jokes here and there, but he's also viewed as very reasonable and strong

In the first two seasons, they also had Mark, who was also a pretty masculine character and a huge player. He actually pumps and dumps Leslie in the first season.

Outside of those four, everyone else is constantly shit on. Snarky April is shown as being very insecure and immature, Tom is basically a caricature of fake, "modern" masculinity, Ben is a beta nerd, Jerry is a huge joke in the office and lets everyone walk all over him, Andy is the lazy, dumb modern man, Donna is the "strong black woman" but morbidly obese and unattractive. Then you have Jean-Ralphio and his sister, the slutty, crass modern woman who is portrayed as an utter disaster.

Like I mentioned, I haven't watched in a season or two, so maybe they've jumped the shark since then, but in the first five or so seasons, the 4 most likable, well-balanced characters are the strong, masculine men and a feminine woman. Meanwhile the masculine female characters and weak or fake masculine male characters are portrayed as annoying fuck ups.

It's really interesting. The media is trying to use humor to ridicule opposition at the period in which political correctness has made television the least funny it has been in decades.

Self defeating ideology

Parallel to Tuthmosis' main point (which I agree with, BTW) is something I think has gone almost entirely ignored: the creepy deference that Millennial women show to authority figures. (Or more accurately, the creepy deference that Millennials in general show to authority figures, but since the MSM caters to women, it's way more visible in their case.)

The Baby Boomer "don't trust anyone over 30" mentality and GenX cynicism is long gone. Millennial girls slavishly look to media and government to tell them what to think and what is acceptable. They can't do anything without a sainted authority figure patting them on the head and telling them that they're good little girls. Buzzfeed and other leftie clickbait sites exploit this to make money.

The headline from this MTV twit encapsulates this mentality perfectly:

"Amy Poehler Just Crushed Men’s Rights Activists With Last Night’s ‘Parks And Recreation"

The subtext of Wickman's article (and the mentality of the girls who agree with it) is thus:

"Amy Poehler Just Made it Acceptable for Me to Hate Men's Rights' Activists"

These girls are so enslaved to the herd mentality that they can't even indulge their feminist instincts without constant affirmation.

Another fine example was the heart palpitations that SJWs got when Beyonce had a lit-up "FEMINIST" sign at one of her performances. Why? If you want to be a feminist, be a feminist; whether some pop tart agrees with you is irrelevant. But nope, these idiots demand that their favorite celebrities reaffirm their ideologies, and they get pissed off at Lana Del Rey and anyone else who doesn't get with the program.

I find this really disturbing, and it has all kinds of sick implications down the line. It's this kind of herd mentality among a population that breeds your Hitlers, Stalins and Pol Pots. Girls who can be programmed this easily---indeed, seek out said programming and can't live without it---are the soil in which tyranny grows.

Quote: (02-15-2015 12:33 AM)EuphoricWizard Wrote:  

I actually never see much pro-feminisnt support on message boards/internet anywhere except for noted liberal shit holes like Gawker/Vox/Jezebel/Neogaf/Reddit. When I read on article on a place like Yahoo on fat-shaming the top comments will always be hugely against feminist nonsense. Feminist's are just somehow getting their way and being allowed to post there bullshit everywhere and even getting allowed to do it on national television events that cost millions like the Superbowl. This is what we really need search out and find out how it's possible. My first instinct would be that is is a bunch of thristy betas being offered sex/validation from these kunts for air time but I doubt high-level execs would be that beta.

Athlone does a good job of explaining why male celebrities endorse feminism. Corporate execs/politicians do so for similar reasons.

http://www.returnofkings.com/26986/why-f...-feminists

Quote: (02-15-2015 02:13 AM)Enigma Wrote:  

Quote: (02-15-2015 12:29 AM)Snowplow Wrote:  

I haven't watched it in about a year, but honestly it never struck me as pushing a SJW/feminist type of narrative.

Nah - it's funny alright, but it is all about empowered feminism and pro-political Left/Right propaganda. Actually the "politics is just, honest and true" crap is being pushed even stronger now.

The main character is a bona-fide super-woman, who is goofy, but the most competent human being on earth - and a public servant at that.

Most men are manginas, Blue Pill suckers, Betas who get the hot girls or complete idiots - masculine, but dumb.

The Ron Swanson character is of course great, but that is propaganda too, because it catches all men within the web of deceit. You see - he married a post-wall single mother and adopted her children as her own. Then he fully supports and loves "strong" women.

The main demographic for the show are the Christian values Midwest folk who are edged further along the feminist path, are told fairy-tales about super-women, their men are encouraged to be better Betas and they are re-sold the lie about the political process being just an honest exchange of opinions (while in reality both parties are serving the same money masters in complete utter debauchery & greed). Many politicians, senators and even Michelle Obama are doing cameos on the show, which is a good indicator that they are pulling great propaganda-cinema.

Bad-mouthing MRAs is of course part of the agenda. Also I would not overstress the importance of the comments. Many MRA supporters flock to the site as soon as such an article breaks. Our knowledge may seep in, but they are not dumb. In the worst case, they simply close the comment section like some Newspapers. They will never let the 'sphere go mainstream. Even if they do, then they will push Tucker Max or some kind of Better-Beta snake-oil salesman.

Quote: (02-15-2015 02:40 AM)Matt Forney Wrote:  

Parallel to Tuthmosis' main point (which I agree with, BTW) is something I think has gone almost entirely ignored: the creepy deference that Millennial women show to authority figures. (Or more accurately, the creepy deference that Millennials in general show to authority figures, but since the MSM caters to women, it's way more visible in their case.)

The Baby Boomer "don't trust anyone over 30" mentality and GenX cynicism is long gone. Millennial girls slavishly look to media and government to tell them what to think and what is acceptable. They can't do anything without a sainted authority figure patting them on the head and telling them that they're good little girls. Buzzfeed and other leftie clickbait sites exploit this to make money.

The headline from this MTV twit encapsulates this mentality perfectly:

"Amy Poehler Just Crushed Men’s Rights Activists With Last Night’s ‘Parks And Recreation"

The subtext of Wickman's article (and the mentality of the girls who agree with it) is thus:

"Amy Poehler Just Made it Acceptable for Me to Hate Men's Rights' Activists"

These girls are so enslaved to the herd mentality that they can't even indulge their feminist instincts without constant affirmation.

Another fine example was the heart palpitations that SJWs got when Beyonce had a lit-up "FEMINIST" sign at one of her performances. Why? If you want to be a feminist, be a feminist; whether some pop tart agrees with you is irrelevant. But nope, these idiots demand that their favorite celebrities reaffirm their ideologies, and they get pissed off at Lana Del Rey and anyone else who doesn't get with the program.

I find this really disturbing, and it has all kinds of sick implications down the line. It's this kind of herd mentality among a population that breeds your Hitlers, Stalins and Pol Pots. Girls who can be programmed this easily---indeed, seek out said programming and can't live without it---are the soil in which tyranny grows.

I agree. However since girls(especially millennial girls) are naturally deferential to Authority figures. We should hijack the programming and make use of it to our advantage. And if possible make ourselves the Authority figures to look up to.

I've never watched this show, but I think this explains why some of the cuntiest girls I've ever met were in love with the show.

@infowarrior1: good luck with that

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (02-15-2015 04:57 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

I've never watched this show, but I think this explains why some of the cuntiest girls I've ever met were in love with the show.

@infowarrior1: good luck with that

Correction. I have not adequately thought my original comment through. I guess my issue with some statement of Matt Forney. Is that being naturally deferential to Authority figures for women is not a problem per se since that is what enables traditional relationships to work. It is what kind of Authority figures they look up to.

Its either their husband(or father) or the government and the media. The problem is not that they serve but who they serve.

This is the show Aziz Ansari is on right? Can't say I'm too surprised.

Quote: (02-15-2015 04:32 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Nah - it's funny alright, but it is all about empowered feminism and pro-political Left/Right propaganda. Actually the "politics is just, honest and true" crap is being pushed even stronger now.

The main character is a bona-fide super-woman, who is goofy, but the most competent human being on earth - and a public servant at that.

How much of the show have you watched?

She fucks up everything, constantly, throughout the majority of the first 5 or so seasons.

And it's usually Ron or Chris (and even sometimes Ben) who bails her and the rest of the office out.

Quote:Quote:

Most men are manginas, Blue Pill suckers, Betas who get the hot girls or complete idiots - masculine, but dumb.

Chris is none of what you just said. He's extremely driven, intelligent, classically handsome and well-dressed, good with women, and consistently shown as the voice of reason in many episodes.

Neither was Mark, who was an architect, picked up girls at bars, and pumped and dumped Leslie for the more feminine Ann.

Neither is Ron. They all have their eccentricities, but they're typically portrayed as intelligent and reasonable. Even Ben is typically shown as being smarter than Leslie.

The Ron Swanson character is of course great, but that is propaganda too, because it catches all men within the web of deceit. You see - he married a post-wall single mother and adopted her children as her own. Then he fully supports and loves "strong" women.

If all of the characters were perfect, it wouldn't be a comedy. Ron is shown as very reasonable and reserved, except when it comes to women. It's supposed to be funny, not propaganda.

As for the "strong" women part, he treats almost every woman on the show like a child.

The main demographic for the show are the Christian values Midwest folk who are edged further along the feminist path, are told fairy-tales about super-women, their men are encouraged to be better Betas and they are re-sold the lie about the political process being just an honest exchange of opinions (while in reality both parties are serving the same money masters in complete utter debauchery & greed). Many politicians, senators and even Michelle Obama are doing cameos on the show, which is a good indicator that they are pulling great propaganda-cinema.

Bad-mouthing MRAs is of course part of the agenda. Also I would not overstress the importance of the comments. Many MRA supporters flock to the site as soon as such an article breaks. Our knowledge may seep in, but they are not dumb. In the worst case, they simply close the comment section like some Newspapers. They will never let the 'sphere go mainstream. Even if they do, then they will push Tucker Max or some kind of Better-Beta snake-oil salesman.

Maybe we're watching a different TV show, because none of the women in the show are portrayed as super women. Leslie is portrayed as a bumbling idiot for pretty much the entire show. And in fact, the more competent women, like the head of the rival town or the campaign manager, are portrayed as callous bitches and shown in a negative light.

They constantly play up how unattractive Leslie and how much she struggles with men, while constantly referring to the fairly feminine and submissive Ann as pretty with many suitors.

Quote: (02-15-2015 04:32 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

So many things in this post are just factually incorrect. Hell, the entire point of the show is that Leslie Knope is dumb and incompetent. I co-sign all of Enigma's comments.

Quote: (02-15-2015 08:01 AM)Enigma Wrote:  

They constantly play up how unattractive Leslie and how much she struggles with men, while constantly referring to the fairly feminine and submissive Ann as pretty with many suitors.

I think indeed that we watched a different show. You have to console yourself that Obama's campaign team, Michelle Obama and Madelaine (it's worth it to kill 500.000 Iraqi children) Albright also like the show as they appeared on it.

Good propaganda is nowadays so well-made that people don't realize what is going on.

Scorpion put it much more eloquently than me: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-45071-...#pid955616

Your post is a great example of why propaganda/subversive programming like this film works: most people simply can't recognize it. They don't understand how programming works. The think that because the behavior on screen "isn't glorified" (i.e. is often presented in a comedic fashion) that the behavior is therefore being condemned, and that the audience is internalizing this lesson. But this is absolutely not true. The reality is that when you show people visual images of behavior and accompany them with humor, you are creating a psychological association of positivity in the viewer's mind. They associate the behavior with the good feelings they got from laughter. So far from not glorifying trashy behavior, films like this encourage it, not only from the direct onscreen example acted out by a sympathetic main character, but by the subliminal psychological process I just outlined (using humor to associate positive emotions with a displayed behavior).

There's also the fact that movies, especially of this type (female-marketed romantic comedies) have happy endings for the main character. This means that despite everything that happens to the woman in this story, everything is going to turn out well for her in the end. This also encourages the viewer to partake in her abominable behavior, because the message is that such behavior has no consequences: everything will go your way in the end. This gives young women a license to party, do drugs and whore around in their 20s, because they believe they can count on a Prince Charming to rescue them when the time is right. I mean, in this film that premise could not be displayed more blatantly - this obnoxious, ugly woman is asked out on a date by a very successful surgeon immediately after displaying her stupidity. The overall message of the film is very clear: "Ladies, behave like sluts, focus on your career and having fun above all else, and be assured that some wealthy man will be begging to marry you when you're ready."

And it's very obvious why John Cena and Lebron are in the movie (and featured in the trailer): to ensure that women are able to drag men along to the theater with them. Once there, in exchange for seeing their favorite sports stars on screen for a few minutes, the men will then be subjected to an hour and a half of programming that belittles them and encourages them to expect abominable behavior from women, because "that's just how things are these days".

Quote: (02-15-2015 08:21 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

I think indeed that we watched a different show. You have to console yourself that Obama's campaign team, Michelle Obama and Madelaine (it's worth it to kill 500.000 Iraqi children) Albright also like the show as they appeared on it.

The show is about a female politician. Is it really a huge shocker that they asked prominent female politicians to appear on it? Do you think Roosh is a regular watcher of the Ukranian talk show he appeared on, where he didn't even understand what they were saying?

More importantly, I don't base my opinions on things around who likes and dislikes them. The Obama's also push exercise and healthy diets, so I guess I should also disagree with that?

You're screaming propaganda, meanwhile your comments about the show's plot were pulled literally out of thin air to support your narrative. If you'd like to disagree with me about the show's content, feel free, but I honestly doubt anyone who refers to Leslie Knope as a "superwoman" has actually watched even an entire episode.

Anyone who would call Leslie Knope a superwoman has never watched the show. She literally acts like a child and fucks up everything she touches in every single episode. If anything she's a good case study for why women shouldn't be in politics.

Plus they've had John McCain and Newt Gingrich on the show too, not to mention Joe Biden. And McCain had the longest screen time of any cameo by far.

I don't think that the MRAs- or the Manosphere in general- should be immune to being made fun of.

But at the same time, the kinds of jokes you will typically be seeing will be shallow and lame.

This is because you would actually have to know something about the Manosphere to be able to really deploy an effective satire and hit home with black humor. And then this is exactly the sort of humor that gets people thinking, which is not what you want.

I thought the politician cameos were just the Hollywood effect, but then Ron got involved with an old single mom and Ben passed up the big DC job to be Leslie's bitch (maybe not in that order).

30 Rock did the same stuff. Liz Lemon and a betamax adopted kids (Tina Fey did the opposite in real life) and Jack Donaghy was watered down in the end. Biggest cameo on that show: Al Gore.

I recall Lena Dunham did some MRA bashing on SNL when she hosted it. Similar to this situation, the jokes about men's rights are falling flat. Most women I talk to and tell them how I think the divorce courts are heavily slanted against men generally agree with that notion.

It could also be that most people do not have a clue what Men's Rights are.

MRAs generally have extremely shitty PR. The only notable MRA group is A Voice for Men and they are just not getting it done. It seems they are pandering to some of the loony redditor MRAs instead of standing for issues that are truly important.

Divorce Court, Child Custody, and Child Support reform would cause a significant change in gender relations. Even if it was something as simple as putting caps on the amount of money that men are forced to pay, that would literally be a life saver for millions of men out there.

But instead AVfM wants to attack MGTOWs, PUAs, Jack Donovan, conservatives/Republicans, Bernard Chapin. They want to call themselves the Men's Human Rights Movement. They pride themselves in being about "equality." They want to showcase how not misogynistic they are by parading around women like the Honey Badger Radio chicks or Janet 'Judgy Bitch' Bloomfield. They want to create government working groups for men's issues. Also, Paul Elam is kind of a headcase.

They're doing a terrible job to say the least and the fact that the mainstream MRA bashing is failing should be a sign that if they got their shit together and concentrated on the most important issues, they could actually be effective. Heck, what Republican Congressman wouldn't be for salvaging the institution of marriage? They all would sign up to help stop the divorce rape if it meant it could strengthen marriage. You could get all the GOP on board and all those Bible-thumping Evangelicals on board. That is a force to be reckoned with.

Save the fucking institution of marriage Paul. Quit pandering to your army of college-aged basement dwelling incels on r/mensrights.

Heck, you know what else they could do: form a pro-bono legal defense team that sues women for defamation of character for when they make false rape allegations. They aren't going to get fucking laws passed that support men so just sue the bitches. Maybe if enough women get sued for making false rape allegations then they will stop making them.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest