rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

how do u deal with having an accent ??? (toronto)

hey guys long time lurker, first post

I live in toronto but I come from mixed background, been here for 10 years but its hard to get rid of an accent no matter how good my english gets.
I speak french so I tell chicks I am from Paris or some shit (partially true) but my accent sounds more like russian/indian/arabic lol hard to tell.

Toronto is already a cutthroat city for men. I have been applying what I read here and generally have good success gaming online thanks to a good picture, tight txt game and my white features. However, as soon as we meet or talk on the phone it feels like I am fighting an uphill battle to make up for my accent even when am getting her to laugh and having solid convos getting IOIs.

Girls just see me as FOB and automatically lower value. You have no idea how closed minded and judgmental toronto girls are. Things only start looking up when they ask me to speak french which they dont even understand lol.

I dont know how to deal with it, I always blame it for not getting laid.

Most people in Toronto have an accent. You said it correctly: Pretend you are from Paris and play up that exotic value.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Sure enough Toronto is a hard city to game in, but if you're willing to put in the time in you'll be rewarded. As a Frenchman myself ( from Quebec) I used the program of Dr. Carol Fleming to get a better English pronunciation for business purposes.

When it comes to women, I second what Moma gave you as advise and just play the Frenchman card as you being higher value then them by being ok in her language and fluent in another while she'll probably can't be bothered to learn anything that not related to Twitter of Facebook. I used it to great success to getting dates and insta dates from Daygame. The best advice tough is to get your money right and move period

I think your problem may be a lack of confidence. As the previous posters said, work the accent. Play up that exotic factor. Hell, find an acting coach and develop a more pronounced Parisian accent or practice on your own. The only way your accent can really hurt you is if you're unintelligible.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

captain GH, I am gonna check out that product thank you. Where do you daygame in toronto ???
from my experience with chicks here, they all prefer caucasian features so that might be working in your favour. I have to specify that I have mostly been dating toronto born white or white washed girls. Talking to a new immigrant chick is like hitting the lottery here, it is easy mode.

What surprises me is that with all the immigrants here, these toronto chicks still have not developed the ear for accents. It is like they can't read your lips or understand where you are going with a thought. I have to repeat myself so many times and I fall apart, my confidence is shot and it goes downhill from there.

I always start out strong, the problem with toronto girls is that even if everything is otherwise good and they are attracted to you they will still disqualify you for the tiniest of details. It is like an ego thing for them, so they can tell their friends later how that guy was not good enough for them.

I think I truly have to carry my french persona to the bitter end without any diversion, usually i tell them i am mixed but i think it only adds doubts about me in their little brains.

Perfect Dark, are you cousins with Little Dark?

Don't debate me.

No matter how good you'll get, Toronto women will flake in huge numbers I usually Daygame around the Spadina area as it seems that it's the area that can get me the best results. I'm also not Caucasian but Black. If you want to keep on gaming here let go of the concern about your race and just be honest as honest can be.

You need to practice talking about yourself honestly while being charming about it.
Women here are so cuddled that they have a script in their head, especially the cute white girls, about the type of men they want.

Male are so thirsty here that she has the luxury to not want to deviate from that script since she gets about 20 different e-mails from online dating sites. Just keep on practicing and when you'll get out (because you have to) you'll be great at gaming.

There are voice coaches you can get to minimize your accent. You can also get training to deepen your voice. Most men with thick accents also have accompanying bad body language and poor fashion sense. Work on those as well.

Unless you sound like a total FOB, your accent is more of a mental barrier than anything.

pride male- no lol

I probably do need some coaching but then again I sometimes get compliment about my accent sounding sexy although it is usually after a lot of comfort is build up. With girls who compliment me on it from the get it go it is almost a guaranteed bang. That's why I view it as an obstacle with other girls who aren't into it. What I notice work is like you said deepening my voice ( I have somewhat of a high pitch when i talk naturally) and talking less. I like using some sarcasm and negs but a lot of girls here don't understand a dead pan delivery and when you combine with difficulty deciphering my words it creates a recipe for disaster. I have learned to just let them do the talking now ( which is pretty much her ranting about her job in typical toronto fashion), I still try to control the flow with questions.

I do dress on point, that's my selling point along with muscles and my hair lol. I am 29 but could probably pass for 25. Even with all of these factors in my favor, and tons of tinder matches ( just started using it but it recently crashed on my android), and a lot of messages/replies on pof like really to the point where my inbox has anywhere between 2-5 messages a day. It is still arduous taking those girls on a date, being spontaneous here is not the norm and stranger danger meter is through the roof.

Captain, it is exactly like you say. It is funny how things took a turn for the worse in toronto. I remember back in like 2006-2007, before smartphones and just at the beginning of the facebook era, how much easier and friendlier girls were. They gave you a lot of second chances, never flaked on dates and actually called you on the phone. Felt like I was being gamed lol, it was amazing. I am having trouble with much lower quality girls, it is normal for a 6 or 7 ( for me that's an average decent looking girl) to act snobby on a first date, disqualify you, stop responding to your text. They have an army of guys following them on every form of social media so they get very picky. If you don't fit their script then its adios next one.

I think that's the main problem with game in toronto. Girls have the abundance mentality instead of guys. You can't really neg them or ignore them or play hard to get . Your standard game strategies that were very efficient back in my days are useless now. The girls are the players and they run the market here imo.

Quote: (02-13-2015 10:37 PM)perfectdark Wrote:  

Bullshit. If you'd been lurking for a long time you'd know better than to write in this horrific textspeak. Or to borderline race troll us as your first post.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (02-14-2015 03:53 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (02-13-2015 10:37 PM)perfectdark Wrote:  

Bullshit. If you'd been lurking for a long time you'd know better than to write in this horrific textspeak. Or to borderline race troll us as your first post.

take it easy...it's the newbie forum

Quote: (02-14-2015 04:15 PM)perfectdark Wrote:  

take it easy...it's the newbie forum

[Image: 200.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

^^^^^
[Image: attachment.jpg24677]   

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine