rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

No evidence of Racial Discrimination in Justice System

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...6913000470

Kevin Beaver has no instinct for self-preservation.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

[Image: 2qw1ms2.jpg]

Sigh.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-45018-...#pid954117

Quote: (02-10-2015 05:45 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

While I'm the first to say that game and the manosphere are unfairly demonized--and that poor guys like this blogger are the collateral damage of that characterization--we're also partly to blame. Guys like us are the inheritors of the practical, non-commercial, regular-guy self-improvement (game) mantle--the best, and maybe only, alternative to salesy Youtubers with actresses in their "real daygame" videos and expensive coaching packages for sale. Yet we've lost sight of the important things.

Instead of spending so much time and energy talking about the apocalyptic "fall of civilization," the life-and-death struggle with "Social Justice Warriors," how "Muslim infiltration" is destroying "Western Civilization," and that restaurants being allowed to deny black people service is the height of the "free market working as it should," we should be focusing on reaching guys like this. Rather, I find us (rather foolhardily) trying to make some kind of wholesale ideological change from the comfort of our laptops. It may feel good to read and say something so unpopular and so verboten, but that short-term contrarian pleasure is siphoning energy--and, more importantly, sympathetic hearts and minds--from our little corner of the world. The wrong voices are getting louder, while the more articulate and pragmatic ones are getting fainter. Don't get me wrong: there's nothing wrong with a bit of social commentary, and taking unpopular opinions; I've always supported that. But we're not doing ourselves any favors by embracing an increasingly fringe status and heavy, even angry and uninformed, tone. Some time ago, I did an AMA on the "redpill" sub-reddit. In it, I was asked what I considered to be "the manophere's biggest weaknesses going forward." I warned that giving the wrong views, or people, too much of a platform would stunt the manosphere's growth, even discredit it altogether. We might never have reached this particular poor bastard, but guys like him are our growth, and I see some of what I said coming to pass.

The way to "win" is to bring in and help the men that this Brave New World is leaving behind--not just trying to say increasingly crazier shit so that we can remain opposite of what the "Cultural Marxists," the so-called "Left", or the "SJWs" are saying. Important words are losing their meaning, and we're churning out incoherent labels faster than some of the people we hold in such low esteem.

I, for one, think we're losing focus. This is a good reminder of that.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

These people would disagree: http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/320276

Quote:Quote:

Abstract

This paper examines 77,236 federal offenders sentenced under the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984 and concludes the following. First, after controlling for extensive criminological, demographic, and socioeconomic variables, I found that blacks, males, and offenders with low levels of education and income receive substantially longer sentences. Second, disparities are primarily generated by departures from the guidelines, rather than differential sentencing within the guidelines. Departures produce about 55 percent of the black‐white difference and 70 percent of the male‐female difference. Third, although black‐white disparities occur across offenses, the largest differences are for drug trafficking. The Hispanic‐white disparity is generated primarily by those convicted of drug trafficking and firearm possession/trafficking. Last, blacks and males are also less likely to get no prison term when that option is available; less likely to receive downward departures; and more likely to receive upward adjustments and, conditioned on having a downward departure, receive smaller reductions than whites and females.

The two different studies did not include all the same variables so I'd like to see one that combined all these variables into one model to see which ones drop out.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat