rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The "perfect Aussie man"

The "perfect Aussie man"

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/...7212931132

Couldn't help but click on this article, just so I could have a laugh at what crap the feminised, leftist media believes "makes a man".

And before you all start doubting.. What makes the writer of this list such an expert? Why, he was a nanny for 6 years! I think he would know what it takes to be a man!

Behold, gentleman...

Quote:Quote:

1. Shows up for his life and is present to the here and now, rather than caught up in fantasies
2. Cherishes his love relationships by valuing things like listening affection and caring
3. Is willing to face his shame, anger and inner critic — and gets support if needed
4. Is emotionally literate and get’s help to work with emotions, sexuality and power
5. Has the guts to stand up for the voiceless e.g. trees, animals, children and the less fortunate
6. Gets help to face any addictions to things like alcohol, drugs etc
7. Is willing to be vulnerable and tender — without it being seen as weak
8. Values integrity and doesn’t make excuses for crappy behaviour
9. Knows his value and isn’t concerned about proving himself
10. Views kindness as a fierce and revolutionary force, not soft and syrupy.

Translation

1) Don't dare dream. You have a mortgage to pay and a wife to keep happy.
2) Be an emotional doormat to your wife and loved ones.. Nothing will turn your wife or girlfriend on and prove your manliness like being affectionate and caring.
3) Face your shame! And God knows you have a lot to be ashamed of.. You're all rapists, racists and misogynists. But wait, don't face it alone.. Make sure you pay a Psychologist first!
4) Cry at least twice per day. Nothing more manly than being in touch with your emotions.
5) Stand up for trees!
6) Pay a therapist to cure you of any negative affliction. You certainly are not capable of breaking bad habits yourself so you better break out the wallet instead.
7) Be vulnerable and tender, like a 3 week old newborn.
9) You have already proven yourself just by being born! Accomplishments? Money? Hard-work? Stop being so ego driven and be happy with your mediocre existence!
10) Again - be a doormat.

There you have it gentleman. Who knew we were doing it all wrong?

Cherishes, listening, affection, caring, gets support, emotionally literate, trees, gets help, vulnerable, tender, kindness.

Hell, I think that's John Wayne, Clint Eastwood and James Bond rolled into one.

The "perfect Aussie man"

That aggravating video The Mask You Live In popping up again, how surprising. I've talked about it at length in this thread.

This photo is very revealing here:

[Image: 930652-4e039bfe-adb2-11e4-8de0-9ed87417a9dc.jpg]

Could you imagine this photo swapped out for women or gays? That would immediately be labelled victim blaming.

This is where feminists get off on saying that patriarchy hurts men, but men are not victims of said social set up. I mean, yeah narrow definitions of masculinity hurt men, but men aren't true victims like women because men made the definition, not women. It's not your fault specifically as a man, but you have the same genitalia of the oppressor class. . .

[Image: mask-img2.jpg]

I'd be anxious too if I was part of a ideological movement so utterly divorced from reality and completely lacking in any substantive self-awareness.

Anxiety usually doesn't stem from the "narrow strictures of masculinity," "a lack of diverse masculinities (seriously, who are these fucks?)" or "sexism in society," but it stems from boys who are not loved in the way parents should love their kids. More fancy toys or elaborate indoctrination programs can't scrub away the legacy of terrible, awful parenting that Western parents have so indifferently gifted their boys.

Short-term, hippy-dippy approaches to therapy like "crying it out" or "finding your feminine side" is nothing but preposterous poppy-cock borne out of the therapeutic mindset of the '70's. Anxiety and depression might be temporarily alleviated by crying or whatever, but it cannot brook the long-term effects of low self-esteem or unhappiness.

Of course, the real reason for so much unhappiness and sloth in the men of today cannot really be discussed. I mean, we have so much diversity and equality these days! How can somebody be so dour, conflicted and disaffected? Those stupid men just can't handle their privilege being dismantled and distributed to the oppressed.

Or, it could be that modern society meets all of its citizen physical needs but little to none of its emotional, psychological and spiritual needs. All of the money, power and privilege in the world can't fill the bottomless hole so many boys and men have in their souls. And, no screaming about power/privilege and encouraging men to access their "feminine" sides won't change a damn thing about this setup.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

The "perfect Aussie man"

Deleted.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

The "perfect Aussie man"

Hahaha that list was a great laugh. When I read that I just assumed the writer had been munching on shrooms for a while prior to hitting the keyboard.

The "perfect Aussie man"

Quote: (02-09-2015 05:48 AM)big poppa Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

1. Shows up for his life and is present to the here and now, rather than caught up in fantasies
2. Cherishes his love relationships by valuing things like listening affection and caring
3. Is willing to face his shame, anger and inner critic — and gets support if needed
4. Is emotionally literate and get’s help to work with emotions, sexuality and power
5. Has the guts to stand up for the voiceless e.g. trees, animals, children and the less fortunate
6. Gets help to face any addictions to things like alcohol, drugs etc
7. Is willing to be vulnerable and tender — without it being seen as weak
9. Knows his value and isn’t concerned about proving himself
10. Views kindness as a fierce and revolutionary force, not soft and syrupy.

1, 8 and 9 are particularly unworthy of criticism.

Mindfulness or observant composure in the moment is at the heart of solid game. Fantasies are for white-knights who dream of banging a dime model they rescue from a "bad boy".

And as for valuing integrity and knowing one's value, if you don't possess these traits you need to go back to the Newbie forum.

The "perfect Aussie man"

These writers have no clue, why men are dissatisfied with today's bullshit or maybe they just don't want to deal with it themselves.

What man doesn't show emotion or kindness to people close to them. How is this even something they consider to be a high percentage of men who are cold. When men do show emotion or voice their dissatisfaction they're mocked. MRAs are the perfect example. It needs to be women first even if it's the detriment of men

The "perfect Aussie man"

It's puzzling why anyone would write this kind of crap unless you realize these kinds of articles are written for women.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia

The "perfect Aussie man"

I tend to ignore articles consisting of numbered lists since they are almost always time-wasting click bait garbage.

That said, a few of these aren't bad, such as mindfulness/presence and being kind, if presented in the proper light. All a matter of perspective. I like how Elliot distinguishes kindness from fake "niceness":

If only you knew how bad things really are.

The "perfect Aussie man"

Quote: (02-09-2015 05:48 AM)big poppa Wrote:  

...unless it's crappy behaviour on the part of the woman, which can never be the subject of criticism by him.

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm