rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Teen Girl Shot Dead At Texas Police Station Had Knife, Cops Say

Quote:Quote:

LONGVIEW, Texas (AP) — Authorities say a teenager was fatally shot in an East Texas police station lobby after she lunged at an officer with a butcher knife and a Taser failed to stop her.

Longview Police Chief Don Dingler and spokeswoman Kristie Brian provided new details Wednesday about last week's shooting of 17-year-old Kristiana Coignard. They also released video.

The video shows an officer scuffling with the girl. Officials say he broke away when she reached for the knife. Another officer who had arrived to help fired a Taser. When Coignard didn't stop, two officers shot multiple times.

The girl's family has said she had mental health problems and have questioned why police had to shoot her.

The girl's family could not immediately be reached for comment Wednesday.

The Texas Rangers is investigating.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/28...67340.html

and Anonymous threatens retaliation
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/...042931.php

And this is good quality raw video of the incident
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e13_1422494364

Maybe we should have a master thread for "questionable police shootings".

This is going to blown out of proportion and she'll get the postmortem pussy pass. Know who doesn't get shot by cops? People don't have weapons and don't resist arrest violently.

In before someone comes in claiming that a cop shooting an ARMED LUNGING ASSAILANT is indicative of the "militarization" of American police. [Image: lol.gif][Image: lol.gif][Image: lol.gif]

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

If she's upper class expect little outrage.

Quote: (01-29-2015 09:47 PM)Goldin Boy Wrote:  

she'll get the postmortem pussy pass.

Are you serious right now dude?

[Image: wtf.jpg]

Isaiah 4:1

Quote: (01-29-2015 10:02 PM)CJ_W Wrote:  

Are you serious right now dude? . . .

Very much so. Based off the tape, the shooting appeared justified.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

They should have cuffed her when they had her on the ground. Instead, the allow her to get back up and charge them. The shooting is not justified at all. This is just pure incompetence.

Quote: (01-29-2015 10:03 PM)Goldin Boy Wrote:  

Quote: (01-29-2015 10:02 PM)CJ_W Wrote:  

Are you serious right now dude? . . .

Very much so. Based off the tape, the shooting appeared justified.

...that's enough RvF for me for today.

Isaiah 4:1

It's a good shoot if you follow the rules of police shootings. But it was such bad police-work from the first guy: all that pinning to the ground, only to let her get up and charge him with a knife.

Based on this video, she gets no sympathy from me. You reap what you sow.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I'm wondering why he doesn't cuff or subdue her while she's on the ground? Looks like he puts her hands behind her back, but then just gets up and pulls his gun.

The other two cops are both standing with their hands by their side until the moment she lunges. And based on the second Live Leak video, it looks like 3:37 she moves forward, 3:38 the second and third officer have their right hands up, 3:39 the retreating officer fires. By 3:40 she's on her way down.

Where does the part where she was tased and didn't go down come into play? Within a two second window, she was shot 4 times and tased once.

This is getting hardly any media coverage!! Hmm wonder why it seems like only blacks are repeatedly put on the news when they get taken out by cops

Impossible to tell from the video, but I'd guess they let her up because they didn't know she had a knife, and she was probably screaming and crying in pain acting like a 17 year old girl, so they felt bad and let her up.

People backing the cops on this one...what are you guys smoking man. How deep into the system's butthole are you guys?

I'm not a liberal. Libertarian-ism has got to be a red pill tenet. Cops come out and swing their dick too much.

If you have ever defended a man accused of rape, you have to side against a cop shooting. If most of these cop shootings are justified, the a woman's word is all it should take to jail a man because most men are capable of sexual assault.

You don't get there till you get there

If you have ever defended a man accused of rape, you have to side against a cop shooting. If most of these cop shootings are justified, the a woman's word is all it should take to jail a man because most men are capable of sexual assault.

Okay, you're saying a cop shooting isn't justified against an armed assailant in lunging range and who is in fact lunging? A 17 girl can't kill a man if she sticks a knife into his neck? You're comparing an actual physical attack (this incident) to allegations (rape accusations) to get people to side with the girl.

While she should have been cuffed, I do understand that these cops were Texan gentlemen types, and were guilted into letting her back up. She saw this as weakness. Nothing forced her to draw a knife on cops.

The girl's family has said she had mental health problems and have questioned why police had to shoot her.

Then she should've been institutionalized. Luckily she didn't tool out in the presence of helpless people.

Anyway, was she hot?

Quote: (01-29-2015 10:05 PM)Old Fritz Wrote:  

They should have cuffed her when they had her on the ground. Instead, the allow her to get back up and charge them. The shooting is not justified at all. This is just pure incompetence.

He probably was acting incompetently by not properly having her restrained with cuffs prior to the shooting, given her insane actions under the circumstances and location, but she did lunge at him after demonstrating she had a weapon. It's a separate situation demarcated by her having been put on the ground by the cop, him getting off of her, and then her standing up.

He already was under the assumption that she had a weapon. He had his gun out and he was backing away from her, after she got up, and before she made any movement towards him. This girl was clearly insane to charge someone pointing a gun at her.

It should be considered an unfortunate situation resulting from probable incompetence but ending with a justified response towards a hard to predict event, even from an irrationally acting person.

If she were sane enough, she could have just not attacked him at all after being put down and clearly having a gun pointed at her. But, then she decided to lunge of her own accord anyway.

Incompetence lead to the situation of her gaining the option to attack once again, but she didn't have to follow through on it. How he acted, at the end of the whole ordeal, was justified.

Quote: (01-30-2015 01:36 AM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

People backing the cops on this one...what are you guys smoking man. How deep into the system's butthole are you guys?

I'm not a liberal. Libertarian-ism has got to be a red pill tenet. Cops come out and swing their dick too much.

[Image: tard.gif]

The girl lunged at him with a knife. What should the cop have done?

As much as you say people are blindly defending police, you are blindly persecuting them. You pop up on every one of these threads spouting some nonsense.

"If you have ever defended a man accused of rape, you have to side against a cop shooting." is a retarded statement. It doesn't even make sense.

It's the opposite. We look at facts when a woman accuses a man of rape, because we realize that rape, and false rape reports, both happen. We don't blindly ignore facts, like a video of a guy holding a knife to a woman's throat and raping her, like you are doing here with a video of a woman lunging at a police officer with a knife in her hand.

Quote: (01-30-2015 01:36 AM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

Exactly. He did right by realizing that something was wrong. He tackled her in the beginning trying to cuff her as it seems.

Why the fuck did he at first pull out his gun and point it to her head? Are cops mobsters now?

Then he gets her on the floor and it looks as if he cuffs her, but NO - he lets her get up, but instead steps back and pulls out a gun. Of course it's ok to subdue someone if the person is suspicious. He already had her down, had to put on the cuffs and search her, because who knows - she might have had an Uzi on her.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/01/kr...ard-video/

I give a shit, whether she is a woman or not. If it had been a similarly tiny 12 year old boy I would at first try to subdue him physically and cuff him - no weapon pulled at all. What am I gonna do? Blow up a 12yo brains because he acts erratic and I already have him on the floor? No - I cuff him, search him and then find out what's wrong with him. Sure - if it were a 250 pound giant, then other options might come to play, but here?

I think that people have watched too much SWAT team propaganda to not see the problem here.

Also you can see by the body-language of the cops afterwards that they know this crap is not kosher and could impact their careers, though to be fair the 2 other cops who came by later did not do much wrong.

^ Exactly. I'm not "popping up" in anything. I'm commenting and voicing my beliefs. I'm not persecuting cops. I just happen to care about the loss of life, especially without due process.

This is a lot different even than the man running away video in the previous thread. First there is a knife, not a gun. Second the situation had been stabilized. If these guys are trained to shoot to kill an aggressive party, and they follow those rules so well, why not follow the rules to keep the situation under control when they had her on the ground? That would have saved a life. You are using gentlemanly behavior as an excuse?

If one is going to analyze the lunge itself, the girl misses and is off balance. The cop shoots her after that. She could still have been taken down by 3 cops without being killed. The cop's life was not at risk after the girls lunge. I would say shoot her in the leg there and everything is fine but I know there are rules in some places against that. If there are not in Texas, then this is even more inexcusable.

"If she is mentally ill she should have been in an institution".

How cold hearted are you? If she is indeed crazy, then not being in an institution is not her fault, but her parents'. But it is she that had to pay with her life. If she is mental, that is not her fault. If she is mental, then teaching her to be polite to cops probably would not have helped either.

In the end, I understand that the girl's actions are completely incorrect. I'm not saying they are not punishable. I am saying however that killing someone like that should not be accepted. If you don't value life then what is this society for anyways?

You don't get there till you get there

This is a clear cut case of shit police work. If you can't subdue a 17 year old girl, knife weilding or not, you have absolutely no business being a cop.

There is a risk in being a police officer that each one takes on when they are sworn in. You run a risk of getting cut by some crazy bitch and that doesn't give you the right to shoot them. It's difficult to kill or seriously wound a person with a knife (when they see it coming, as this cop did) and police officers receive extensive training on how to defend against such attacks. Taser, club to the head or disarming a lunging girl with your hands are options... Firearms are not.

This is one of the few cases lately where I side with the victim. This cop should face manslaughter charges.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Overall the only clear mistake I see is him releasing her from physical restraint, but it does appear likely that she kicked him in the balls several instances. I rewound the video a few times to look at his gait and her leg positioning again. It's hard to tell, but a definite possibility that he was exhausted from fighting a mentally unstable suspect and the possible kicks to the groin.
For those that are unaware; doped up and mentally aggrieved people are the hardest fighters law enforcement or medical personnel encounter. They don't hold back their strength and stamina reserve and seem to fight above their ability.

At the 10:30 mark is when I assume he tased her judging on the body flinch when he's pointing something at her. The lunge was continuous, so I don't see how someone stated that she left herself vulnerable to an opportunistic takedown. Knives are dangerous and very risky to pursue lesser cautionary measures on.

The body language isn't admissible to guilt, it's indicative of a hard to deal with situation of watching a minor die in your presence under any circumstances.

Fuck anonymous

Quote: (01-30-2015 03:28 AM)Slim Shady Wrote:  

If one is going to analyze the lunge itself, the girl misses and is off balance. The cop shoots her after that. She could still have been taken down by 3 cops without being killed. The cop's life was not at risk after the girls lunge. I would say shoot her in the leg there and everything is fine but I know there are rules in some places against that. If there are not in Texas, then this is even more inexcusable.

"If she is mentally ill she should have been in an institution".

How cold hearted are you? If she is indeed crazy, then not being in an institution is not her fault, but her parents'. But it is she that had to pay with her life. If she is mental, that is not her fault. If she is mental, then teaching her to be polite to cops probably would not have helped either.

In the end, I understand that the girl's actions are completely incorrect. I'm not saying they are not punishable. I am saying however that killing someone like that should not be accepted. If you don't value life then what is this society for anyways?

Ok first off, I agree here with most that it was stupid of him not cuffing her.

But to Slim's argument:
A person with a knife that is within 21 feet of you is the danger zone.
[Image: 200.gif]
Now, granted his weapon was not holstered, but pointed at her. She still had a knife and was what looks to be anywhere from 8-11 feet from him. If I was in his position, I would do the same.

"Shoot her in the leg instead!" You say?!
Well after you just get done wrestling a crazy lady with mental issues, who didn't get phased by a taser, wielding a butcher's knife and is charging at you, you're saying that his adrenaline and fine motor skills should be so under control to pull off the accuracy to hit a maybe 8 inch rapidly moving target and hope that is enough to make her stop? Let alone some accounts of police who have shot people multiple times to where they still had fight in them.

Chicago Tribe.

My podcast with H3ltrsk3ltr and Cobra.

Snowplow is uber deep cover as an alpha dark triad player red pill awoken gorilla minded narc cop. -Kaotic

Totally justified shooting. She was a serious threat at the time of the shooting. This is why cops have guns.

Cop should totally lose his job for failing to control the subject. That's shoddy police work that could have killed him or someone else. Unless he was still in the training phase of his career (in which case his training officer should bear the responsibility), you don't have any business being a peace officer if you let a situation escalate like this.

Non-police officers have lost their jobs for less (like unproven rape accusations).

Of course, he won't lose his job. Not in Texas. Probably not anywhere in the USA.

I'm the King of Beijing!

If an armed police officer tells you to do something, you fucking well do it. If you run at an armed police officer with an offensive weapon, you will be shot and most likely killed. What is it that people don't understand about this? Its their duty to defend themselves, especially against some maniac bitch with a meat cleaver. Granted, he could have shot her knees out and immobilized her, but its a split second decision in a crisis situation. I have never been in the forces and I still understand this.

"As wolves among sheep we have wandered"

Quote: (01-30-2015 07:12 AM)UroboricForms Wrote:  

Granted, he could have shot her knees out and immobilized her...

Why do people keep saying this sort of thing?

I'm the King of Beijing!

don't bring a knife to a gun fight, nuff said.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV