rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Headache after tough workouts

Does anybody else have a headache or kind of empty headed feeling after tough workouts?

The only way I know of to make it go away is to slam some gatorade.

This seems like a rookie question, but I have wondered about this for years and nobody seems to know what I am talking about.

Might want to check your blood pressure.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Quote: (01-28-2015 04:48 PM)bigbait Wrote:  

The only way I know of to make it go away is to slam some gatorade.

Seems to me that your body is asking for more carbs.

Eat a bit more of fast carbs post workout or eat a good amount of "slow" carbs during the day.

Make sure to check your breathing. Sounds like it could be a low level exertion migraine.

Carbs sounds right. Also how much water do you drink?

And Advil/ibprofen won't hurt either.

Feel for a pulse on your wrist at random times of the day. If you can't feel it you're dehydrated. During hot weather training I typically feel for a pulse on various people to determine proper hydration levels.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Thanks! That is good advice! It is good to go back and reconsider the basics.

By empty headed do you mean light headed?

If you don't warm up or cool down properly you can get blood pooling very easily; this makes you feel all kinds of weird.

Only the other day I did heavy deadlifts and ended up having to go lie down with my feet up above my head as I thought I was going to pass out; I hadn't warmed up properly as my mind was elsewhere.

I usually inhale and tighten my core before I perform a rep. I don't exhale until I finish the move. I find that if I breathe too deep while doing this, I end up with a headache after a few reps.

Let us know what you figure out.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

Drink more water

Quote: (01-29-2015 10:16 AM)Stun Wrote:  

Drink more water

This. Sounds like you're dehydrated.

A lot of good advice in this thread. Thanks guys!

It turns out the problem was this peruvian allergy pill I was taking. I stopped taking it and feel so much better!