rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Most of her friends/acquaintances don't like me, good or bad?

I met my current girlfriend at the pool hall and want to keep her around. Trouble is the main guy, Jim, who runs the pool hall doesn't care for me. He has complaints that are likely rooted in jealousy. He told her repeatedly, I am a hit and quit it guy, yuppy rich kid, etc. This doesn't seem to stop her wanting me for now. Trouble is, she spends a fair amount of time at the pool hall and most people around her are poisoned with this information Jim's been spreading. She's not telling me this but others, who are my friends, are. I could give exactly zero fucks if these assholes like me or not. I understand most are sheep following Jims opinions, I'd say 95% of the people that don't like me never even made an attempt to get to know me.

My question is, do I let all this go on prove them wrong with my actions and continue to give zero fucks, or do I make an attempt to slowly start winning these people over one by one.

Even if trying to win them over fails, I don't give a shit and there seems there could be a slight upside long term. But possibly the reputation of being an asshole is helping me?

This becomes more confusing when looked at within the 48 laws of power.

Law 5- So much depends on reputation-guard it with your life.

So I need to do something about this.

Law 36- Disdain things you cannot have: Ignoring is the best revenge

Fuck em, don't acknowledge any of this shit.

What do you gentlemen think?

Regards, Mike.

Why do you care what the people around her thinks of you?
Think of it like this:

If she's still giving you the pussy and treats you like a king then you have nothing to worry about. She's there in spite of what she's hearing. Also there's a chance that her and the owner of the pool hall used to have a thing or he got friend zoned in the past.

If she starts bringing up what others are saying about you that means that you've lost some value in her eyes and she's testing to see what your reaction is. The best move here would be laugh it off and say they're jealous that you landed such a handsome guy with a shit eating grin. Then change subjects. That will reassert your "alphaness".

Quote:Quote:

I met my current girlfriend at the pool hall and want to keep her around. Trouble is the main guy, Jim, who runs the pool hall doesn't care for me.

Welcome to RVF.

I'd say drop in at the Hall with some of your friends uninvited a busy night and have a blast while your girl and that hater owner is there! When your Girl sees you having a blast while that hater has a dead face on, it will increase your social value thus dismissing what this hater will say to her. She will dismiss it on her own

Quote: (01-27-2015 01:46 AM)MikeyMikeB Wrote:  

Law 36- Disdain things you cannot have: Ignoring is the best revenge

Fuck em, don't acknowledge any of this shit.

Exactly.

Beta males gonna be beta, nothing new. If your girl doesn't mention anything, proceed.

Quote: (11-15-2014 08:53 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
But guys, the fight itself isn't the focus here. How the whole thing was instigated by 1 girl is the big deal.

If she is sticking with you despite what you've heard about her social circle disapproving of you (and not mentioning a thing about it) then you most certainly have the upper hand. Keep on keepin' on and act none the wiser. When you are around her friends just be cool and don't try to go out of your way. Chances are the social dissonance is fueling her interest and desire for you. The fact hat her friends don't like you (and no doubt vocalize it to he when you aren't around) is stoking the fire because being with you is "bad" and "risky" etc. Makes her want to work harder to prove your worth to her friends, or try to 'fix' you whatever. No matter what you're on top keep banging away.

If nobody didn't like you, then I'd say you were doing something wrong.
This is one of those situations where there's little you can do to influence the outcome.
I'd recommend maintaining the frame of your current relationship and giving zero fucks about surrounding opinions.

Bad sign to be honest, be ready for that relationship to fall apart.

I used to frequent a local bar, and if the bartender didn't like a boyfriend, it was only a matter of time before she went home with someone else

49th Law of Power:

"hit and quit it guy, yuppy rich kid" > Jim from the Pool Hall

Quote: (01-28-2015 01:13 PM)Sonoma Wrote:  

Bad sign to be honest, be ready for that relationship to fall apart.

I used to frequent a local bar, and if the bartender didn't like a boyfriend, it was only a matter of time before she went home with someone else

Yes, bad for LTR potential. If its just a fling, who cares.

But it could be good practice too...if people automatically don't like you you're probably doing something wrong that could use improvement.

It could also be in your head: do you know for a fact that they don't like you? Has your gf told you that? Or do you just think they don't like you when they're actually completely indifferent?

Your problem is right here:
Quote:Quote:

I'd say 95% of the people that don't like me never even made an attempt to get to know me.

Why should they get to know you? They already have their social circles which they're happy with. The burden is on YOU to get to know them.

The 48 laws of power isn't so much for a very casual informal after-work hangout place. it's a book made to lead for the workplace and in formal organizations. It's important to see this distinction.

Pool owner is your biggest cheerleader, and his complaints are making her want you more.

Buy that guy a cup of Ben and Jerry's.

"He told her repeatedly, I am a hit and quit it guy, yuppy rich kid, etc."

Is he your hype man? As long as you don't show any fear about her hearing this shit from him you're good.

If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts. - Camille Paglia