rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Life decision to be made

Life decision to be made

Dear all,

I have a question, especially aimed at the elders on this site who have been around the bush a few times. I recently turned 23 years old, and will be graduating from college in a few months time. I have a decent weight of experience under my belt but will be faced with a decision shortly.

1) Choice one, involves staying in the Anglosphere and doing a job I love, although it will be unpaid (Territorial army) it has always been an ambition for me to get into this line of work (Currently I am still undergoing training). In the future I would like to get involved in private security or something along those lines. However I am not being paid and will have to live at home with my parents in my hometown. A lot of my friends have moved away and I really won't have much money or prospects. Although I am running my own business, the profit won't be substantial enough to live by myself.

2) Choice two, Straight after I graduate from university, I move abroad. This will be to either EE, SEA or the M.E. Chances are the job that has been given to me, won't be anything special and I won't enjoy it, although the pay is good. However the lifestyle will be fantastic, the places which I have been offered work are some of the locations that are highly rated on here. Although It mean passing down a dream job, I believe that overall I will have more freedom and be more happy overseas from my past experience living in these places. Chances are I will be staying there for at least over a few years. Plus I am so fed up of living in the Anglosphere.

I can work my way into security consultancy and abroad which is really where I want to end up. But this will most likely involve spending money on extra qualifications and will take a while. Although with choice one I will be delving straight into the field of expertise I'm interested in.

To sum it up, is it better to take a dream job or dream location ?

I don't like asking for advice but I am torn between the two choices, so would appreciate some rational outside perspective.

Thanks in advance

Life decision to be made

Go for number 1.
It's not a bad thing to have the option of living at home rent free, many have done it at one point or another in order to set themselves up for a more ideal life style later on. Roosh did it. You can also be a positive part of your parent's lives and grow closer to them.
I'm guessing it won't be very long before your training is over and you get paid at least something. Plus bank what you can from your business and grow it. Funny thing is, at 23 living at home, you will probably save more than many professionals at 30 who live in NYC and pay massive living expenses.
You're young and how long will it really take you to get where you want in the security business? 2 years , 3 years?
That is totally worth it in my opinion. The difference in the lifestyle you can have abroad with that next level of cash is HUGE.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Life decision to be made

Quote: (01-22-2015 07:01 AM)VolandoVengoVolandoVoy Wrote:  

Go for number 1.
It's not a bad thing to have the option of living at home rent free, many have done it at one point or another in order to set themselves up for a more ideal life style later on. Roosh did it. You can also be a positive part of your parent's lives and grow closer to them.
I'm guessing it won't be very long before your training is over and you get paid at least something. Plus bank what you can from your business and grow it. Funny thing is, at 23 living at home, you will probably save more than many professionals at 30 who live in NYC and pay massive living expenses.
You're young and how long will it really take you to get where you want in the security business? 2 years , 3 years?
That is totally worth it in my opinion. The difference in the lifestyle you can have abroad with that next level of cash is HUGE.

I think this is excellent advice.

Life decision to be made

The options you have described are not overly specific.

If you can do Option 1 later on then do Option 2 - that sounds rather something that does not come by every day.

Also do the reverse if Option 1 is something that you would not be able to do in 4 years.

Life decision to be made

I was in the same position as you when I was about to graduate. I even made a thread about it.

The problem guys our age have is that we want every decision we make to be the right one. We want what we think is a dream job, girl, location etc. and instead of just doing something we worry and don't act.

my advice would to make your one goal be to always move toward self sufficiency and independence in all areas of of your life.

live with your parents only if you have substantial debt. otherwise take the first job you can get and start stacking cash. don't become complacent once you have it and keep moving forward

Life decision to be made

Im from Canada and moved to Israel 5 years ago. I did the military for 3 years and now live in one the most amazing cities in the Middle East, Tel Aviv.

I was just like you. I was sick of North America, sick of the bullshit, and made a bold move. Even though many aspects here are very similar to Canada and the US, its still a foreign country, new people, new culture, and on the other side of the world.

Change is great. New scenery, new friends, new women, new everything. There a reason theres the term "holiday mode".

However, at some point, that 'holiday mode' turns into 'routine mode'. Its like good pussy, at some point, it becomes familiar, and eventually boring. At some point, you have seen everything the country has to offer. You have been to the same bars over 1000 times, you have been down the same streets many times, and eventually that urge for change increases.

Thats why travelling is so great, because you are constantly seeing new things, new people. new experiences. However, thats not reality ( atleast for most it isnt).

In regards to your two options. I get doing a job that you love, but if you arent getting paid?? Listen, you need money. Living at home with your parents sucks. Its a huge cock block, you have no independence and your parents always have the last word. You know why? Beause they are paying the bills, they are supporting you.

Your only 23, get your ass out of your home, pick an awesome city overseas, and make money at a job that isnt your ultimate most desired job. Its not a big deal you dont enjoy the job right now. You are still young, and may never get an opportunity like this again.

The most important is being independent. There is nothing better. You develop as a person so much quicker. Plus this way you will see the world a bit.

If I were you, Id go with the 2nd option in a heart beat. Plus who knows, maybe the city you move to has another amazing job that also pays well. The world is a big place with tons of opportunities out there, you just need to take advantage of that.

We grow up in this society that advocates finishing high school, then straight to college. Fuck that, I say pick a city you would like to visit, move there temporarily and work, college can wait a couple years. You need life experience. I cant tell you how many of my friends went right to college after high school and after 3 years they switched to another degree because they dont know what they want. You need to find yourself a bit after high school. A great way to do that is moving to another country, see how the world works.

Life decision to be made

Appreciate all the following advice, even though it is my decision in the end of the day; it feels good to hear some outside perspective.

Due to this being a public online forum, I didn't want to give too many details away. However I can say that my business is not a developing one, and it is something that I can do abroad if I had to. On top of that weighing it up, I probably stand a better chance in terms of money, getting contacts and being better established If I take choice two abroad.

I deiced that when it comes nearer to the time, I will just go for whatever option seems most available to me, as it is a win win situation.

Thanks for the comments, its much appreciated.

Life decision to be made

I'd do option number because that's similar to what I actually did. I moved out of my parents house with little savings.

Like others have said the only problem with living with your parents is that there's not incentive to work your tail off. I'd move abroad, taking advantage of geo-arbitage, and the lack of a big safety net will make you work harder to succeed.

The army's not going anywhere and you can enlist anytime. And judging by how you wrote you're descriptions, I think you want to do number 2.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Life decision to be made

Honestly, if you want to go into "security consulting" you are probably going to need military experience on your resume. Even then they want you to have deployment experience. Any equivalent career track that involves spending extended periods in a high-risk location while armed may also benefit you.

Don't take this option lightly (there's VERY strong pros and cons), but if you're in the US look into special forces contract: http://www.military.com/special-operatio...orces.html

If you can get it then you will probably have a good time. I've worked for and with some of them and every one that I've encountered was a very straight shooter, intelligent, and not a douchebag. Most were very redpill. For example the redpill youtuber Terrence Popp....he's pretty typical for the SF crowd.

Life decision to be made

Option #2, but consider the following.

#1 sounds a lot like graduate school which in my experience has never led to increased happiness. Perhaps it's necessary in this type of "security" but if the field isn't fully developed then the key won't be a degree, but rather customers willing to pay. Better off focusing on relationship skills abroad.

I've met a few guys in "security" and my impression was they got their job through a relationship not training. But don't listen to me (or anyone else on this forum). Make a list of ten similar companies and call to ask for an informational interview. Most people are nice enough to consent and will give better advice than us.

When in doubt, choose adventure.

Life decision to be made

Your life decisions are yours to make, not some strangers' on the public forum.

Life decision to be made

It really isn't that stark of a decision, even at your age.

But if you want to make it black and white, I'd go for the great location.

WIA

Life decision to be made

Hi Guys,

I'm hijacking this thread as I don't want to start a new one.

My conundrum is similar to the OP's and I wanted some advice. I know what direction I'm leaning towards but want someone to play Devil's Advocate.

Background:

27 Years old and currently living at home with the parents after making a big decision to switch careers and country.

I worked in Sales in the UK and Australia to save money in order to study for my dream job (Pilot). Following my studies I am now in Chile waiting for the coveted job.

I am now in a good position and this is where you guys come in:

Option 1: Have a potential job with an Airline here working as Cabin Crew. They don't need pilots at the moment but getting in this way will give me an advantage over others for when they do start to recruit. First two months is unpaid training then a salary of about $1000 a month which for here is ok. Would have to live at home but partying and women are still on the cards as I can crash at friends houses.

Obvious pros: One step closer to the dream job which I have worked my arse off to get. Lots of travelling involved to the US, South America, Europe list goes on. Young co-workers, also beautiful stewardesses (remember this isn't in the US[Image: icon_biggrin.gif]) to expand my budding social circle. Low stress level work and lots of time off.

Cons: No guarantee of the pilot job in the future and average pay.

Option 2: Sales job with a leading company here. Pay is $3000 per month which for here gets you set up in a very good apartment in the city. Going out whenever I like and getting my independence back which I have always had as I have always lived away from home.

Pros: Salary, networking, independence.

Cons: Stressful, not my passion, have learnt a lot from sales but not much more to be gained long term apart from the cashish!

If I don't choose the Cabin Crew job I can always apply to pilot at any time without significant hurt to my chances however it could be at any time 3/6/12 months etc So very disrespectful to the Sales employer if I am trained up and then leave after 6 months. Also Pilot job here pays mega cash after 5 years plus all the pros from the cabin crew position.

What would you do in my shoes?

Life decision to be made

I'd stay in the sales job and keep applying for the pilot jobs. I would not even think of working as cabin crew.

Life decision to be made

If you're 23, Don't worry about the next 5 years, worry about the years from 5 to 25 years from now.

Almost everyone has to bust ass for at least a few years to get into a better perch later. Then that better perch will have you in a better place for decades.

Now, that doesn't mean for the next 5 years take the path of least resistance. Take the path so you'll be where you want geographically, financially, socially, and enjoyment of your daily life when you're less tolerant of being in a subservient mode.

Life decision to be made

Quote: (02-04-2015 07:03 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

I'd stay in the sales job and keep applying for the pilot jobs. I would not even think of working as cabin crew.

I agree. There is a reason why many male stewards are gay. There will be a higher price to be paid when working in the cabin crew while actually wanting to be a pilot in the very same airline.

Pilots in the airline hierarchy are the hot stars and you will be the bus-boy there. I've dated a stewardess and I have several friends as pilots. Everyone of those guys would rather work in construction than be a steward.

Look - I am not denigrating the job a man has got to do to survive, but if you are on the waiting list for a pilot, then apply again and again.

I guess you are young and hope to get the education to be paid by the airline. I know some who worked and paid off the license and even some specializations themselves working in construction. Then they joined the airline. Some companies finance you completely when you are younger.

Get the demanding sales job - stack the cash, run Game and wait your time. If the offer from the airline never comes, then it was not meant to be and you would not waste your time being effectively a glorified waitress. Such a job would leave a mark on every Alpha male out there - trust me. Also the stewardesses usually fuck the pilots as you are stuck in a mini-hierarchy where the pilot is the situational Alpha even with lack of Game or looks.

And keep in mind this - you could be working 5 years as a steward and not get offered any job at all - meanwhile you have earned 120.000$ less in those 5 years - enough to buy a small apartment or a Porsche.

Plus - in life you generally won't regret tough jobs - only tough jobs that don't leave you with shit but destroy your health. The sales gig is not in the 19th century coal mine.

This is a no-brainer really. "You know what you gotta do! Do it!"

Life decision to be made

This is actually a great thread title for such questions. I can see myself posting here for my next move.

To OP I would have said #2, move abroad, only because it's so much more common and easier to get stuck in the anglosphere than abroad, if only because of citizenship vs visas.

To mvp question not really sure...Phoenix and iknowexactly are great responses.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Life decision to be made

Quote: (02-04-2015 07:45 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (02-04-2015 07:03 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

I agree. There is a reason why many male stewards are gay. There will be a higher price to be paid when working in the cabin crew while actually wanting to be a pilot in the very same airline.

Pilots in the airline hierarchy are the hot stars and you will be the bus-boy there. I've dated a stewardess and I have several friends as pilots. Everyone of those guys would rather work in construction than be a steward.

Look - I am not denigrating the job a man has got to do to survive, but if you are on the waiting list for a pilot, then apply again and again.

I guess you are young and hope to get the education to be paid by the airline. I know some who worked and paid off the license and even some specializations themselves working in construction. Then they joined the airline. Some companies finance you completely when you are younger.

Get the demanding sales job - stack the cash, run Game and wait your time. If the offer from the airline never comes, then it was not meant to be and you would not waste your time being effectively a glorified waitress. Such a job would leave a mark on every Alpha male out there - trust me. Also the stewardesses usually fuck the pilots as you are stuck in a mini-hierarchy where the pilot is the situational Alpha even with lack of Game or looks.

And keep in mind this - you could be working 5 years as a steward and not get offered any job at all - meanwhile you have earned 120.000$ less in those 5 years - enough to buy a small apartment or a Porsche.

Plus - in life you generally won't regret tough jobs - only tough jobs that don't leave you with shit but destroy your health. The sales gig is not in the 19th century coal mine.

This is a no-brainer really. "You know what you gotta do! Do it!"

Phoenix, Iknowexactly and Zelcorpion thanks for your views really appreciate them and backs what I was thinking. Will be nice to have the Apartment and Porsche when I'm applying to the Pilot gig [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]

Life decision to be made

Take option 2. Anglosphere will destroy you. Especially a job in the army - that is by all means the worst kind of job - wars exist only because still there are people brainwashed to take such jobs