rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sonora, Mexico Trip Report + Introduction to Mexican Banda Music

SONORA MEXICO

[Image: sonora-senita-cacti.jpg]

[Image: 13952401054_6bfc1744bc_z.jpg]

Sup homies, hows it going?

I just got back from Hermosillo, Sonora after spending the holidays down there. I met a buddy of mine in Phoenix who is from Hermosillo and he invited me to go down there and so we decided to drive. This report will mainly cover the city of Hermosillo which was where I stayed.

HERMOSILLO

Hermosillo has a population of about 700,000 people, a mid-size city right in the heart of the state of Sonora just a few hours away from the Arizona border. One thing to note is that its brutally hot here, which mainly has to do with the state being mostly a desert. If anybody has been to Arizona or Nevada, its similar to that. I can't imagine going there in the summer.

Where to Stay:

I stayed at the center of Hermosillo, also known as "centro". There are many cheap hotels to choose from like Hotel Colonial which is where I stayed, Fiesta Inn Hermosillo which is a chain hotel in Northern Mexico and Hotel Lucerna. Aside from that, you aren't going to find much. Hermosillo is not really a tourist destination spot so lodging is limited. Fiesta Inn is the best option imo since its right in the center of the city.

Getting Around:

Taxis are the best source of transportation. They are quite cheap and affordable. I actually befriended a taxi guy and he took me everywhere I wanted. They also have rental agencies with good deals or if you're brave enough to take the buses which I did as well.

Food

Sonora being a coastal state has a variety of seafood restaurants. I mean its Mexico so you won't really have a bad meal here if you know what you're getting. A place I really liked was "El Dorado." If you do come here get the "parrillada" which is essentially chicken fajitas grilled on a plate with skirt steak and different cuts of beef. Very recommended.

Another thing that stood out which gave me the runs was a thing called the Sonoran Hot Dog or "hot dog estilo Sonora." Apparently the American hot dog made its way into Sonora after World War Two and the people in Sonora basically Mexicanized it. Its a hot dog wrapped in bacon, put into a bun, topped with pinto beans, shredded Chihuahua cheese, guacamole, onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, mustard, ketchup, Mexican salsa and mayonnaise. Its a heart-attack waiting to happen. I ate two of these motherfuckers and landed in the hospital with the shits where I eventually met a cute nurse. More on that story later, but you can find Sonoran Hot Dogs anywhere in Hermosillo.

[Image: 14012094082_490e74a466.jpg]

^^^ Not recommended if you are watching the weight. But tasty indeed.

Girls

[Image: 1477355_265362156949140_1366278996_n.jpg...e=552BF539]
^^^My buddy's sisters/cousins/second cousins/friends at the mall. I tried getting at the one on the top second to the right on top of the girl with the red shirt. I was really close until I realized later that she was married.

Alright, now on to the meat of this thread. The girls from Hermosillo are similar to what you will see in Sinaloa. Sinaloa is basically Sonora's cousin state and both states like to compete and brag about which state has the best women. You will see girls from all shapes and sizes from light skinned with big asses to more darker skinned with flat asses and vice-versa. It will be similar to what you see in Monterrey and virtually all of Northern Mexico. Hermosillo has some of the most feminine girls I have ever encountered. They love to dress up, wear high heels, and watch novelas all day fantasizing about their prince charming. Here are some of the chicks I was messing with.

[Image: 262794_10152373579155637_1955514650_n.jp...e=556DF4BF]

^^^Met this one working at a bank in centro. Was very shy about my approach as she was trying to concentrate counting my money while I was talking to her, asked her out on a date, but told her that I had no clue about where to go out in Hermosillo since I was not from there. She suggested a rodeo dance outside the city because she didn't want to go by herself and she wanted to go, which was fine by me. Ended up having a good night dancing and of course fucking.

[Image: 1794612_224960944375181_810734453_n.jpg?...85cedbc536]

[Image: 1743590_217624795108796_961267631_n.jpg?...c8a5e5fd58]

^^^ A nurse I met at the hospital actually. In my first day on the ground, my boy took me to a local hot dog stand to try out some of the Sonoran dogs he kept raving about so I tried them and loved them right away, so much so that I ate two of the large ones. Later on that night I had massive diarrhea that wouldn't stop and a huge fever. No clinics were open so I went to the local hospital in Hermosillo to have them check it out. Not exactly the place I wanted to spend my first day in Hermosillo. The doctor concluded that I had to stay overnight because I had lost so much fluid from my body (probably BS to try to get me out of some money). Regardless I was the youngest person in the hospital and was attracting attention from the nurses around. I know they were excited to have a young pocho (Mexican American) stay the night. A lot of them were laughing at the reason as to why I was there.

During the night, I met a cute nurse with a nice ass and me and her were talking and clicked right away. She asked me where I was from and what I liked to do and what the hell was I doing in Hermosillo, in which I simply responded with "business." We were flirting all night with each other and even brought me some breakfast from a nearby store. In some areas in Mexico, hospitals don't provide food to patients, you have to have someone buy it for you and bring it to you. I asked her for her number as I was getting ready to leave the hospital and she said yes.

Anyway I ended up taking her to a rodeo dance and a stroll around the city and made her my girl for the majority of my stay. I must admit, I don't know what happened to me, but the beta demon possessed me during my trip because I was falling for this chick hard! The girl would cook meals for me every now and then, washed my clothes only after I paid her the soap, went to great lengths to steal some medicine from the hospital to give to me and would make remedies for me like honey and tea when I had a sore throat. I didn't want to leave, but I had to because obviously it would require me to stay over in Mexico for a chick which was something I didn't want to do. Like 20Nation has said, you have to have the heart of a player. Before I left she gave me a pair of her earrings and a thong to "Remember her by" she said. I'm probably never going to see her again but it was a cool experience nonetheless. One of the coolest chicks I have ever met in my life. I'm yet to find a girl in America to do all of those things in the time span of three weeks.

[Image: 63911_336866936447281_741110417_n.jpg?oh...e=5520DEAA]

^^^^ Another cute chick I met in the city working at a market. Was extremely shy to my approach and very nervous, her faced turned red with my opener. Extremely nice, feminine as hell. Cool chick.

Man, there is some stunning girls in Sonora. Of course, like in all over Mexico, you are going to have your ugly girls and your pretty ones but I saw many fine ass girls all over Hermosillo. I did better here in terms of game than anywhere else in Mexico, maybe cause my game wasn't as good back then. Because of discrimination, the browner, darker skinned girls will be a little more easier, but you will still need game. Anyway I came away surprised with the girls here and I recommended if any of you are around in Monterrey or Tijuana somewhere.

Day Game

I mostly went to the Galerias Mall for gaming. You get a lot of the middle class and upper class girls who go shop, weekends is the most packed. I also enjoyed approaching girls in the Plaza and main strip. I like going from store to store, and approach. I have a blast doing it. A lot of the girls here are very open to direct game I found. I know the forum is more pro indirect because by being direct you're complementing the girl and inflating her ego, but I found the exact opposite in Hermosillo. Girls here blush or get shy when you go direct which I love. I can't count the times where I would open with

"Te me hiciste guapa y vine a conocerte"

Only to blush and get red and shy. They love it.

There was a time where my opener whenever I walked into a small business with a cute girl I would say

"I'm here to buy some underwear, where can I find them?" I kid you not, one chick went out of her way to find one and she gave me a new boxer from her dad's box. I later told her that I was kidding, and that I just wanted to talk to her, but she said I could have it [Image: lol.gif]. I ended up getting that girl's number too.

All in all, I had success Day Gaming and its a great way to ultimately get notches here. I'm more of a Day gaming type of guy in general anyway.

Nightlife

Hermosillo has ok nightlife. Its not the greatest but its not the worst either. In this part of the country, nightlife revolves around going to a rodeo and Mexican Banda dances and getting wasted, but there are some bars and clubs worth checking out.

Tabu

Located near Galerias Mall. Its a sushi place by day and a martini lounge by night. I only came here one time and didn't like it too much. It was loud, and hot. There were lots of the upper class girls from Hermosillo. It felt a little cliquey. It just wasn't for me.

Vintage

This place seemed better. Mostly university students from the Universidad de Sonora. Typical generic nightclub. Dress to impress, no flip flops here.

Olympus

My favorite spot. Its a two story bar with no rooftop, pretty easy to game in. Lots of girls from all over the city go here. I had a girl I was talking to but didn't get the notch because I was with my boy who had no game whatsoever.

Here's a video to get an idea what it looks like

My experience with a narco

I had a very scary experience with a narco in Hermosillo. I found out later on in the trip that my friend works for the Sinaloa cartel, and was cursing him for not telling me as I witnessed a deal of marijuana being made right before my eyes. I was essentially cocked blocked by a narco too.

So me and my boy went to a bar, I forgot the name of it, but its a type of dance bar where you can actually take your own alcohol. My buddy had setup to meet 3 girls there and we brought our own beer. Once at the bar there was a group of girls and a few guys who I had no idea who they were. My friend was there with them and they were the girls we were setup to meet. Me as usual, I introduced myself to the girl I liked and started chatting her up. After an hour or so of talking with this girl, I asked her if I could have a beer from the cooler next to her, and she said sure. I took a beer from a cooler and started to drink it. No more than minute later a guy takes the beer off my hand and smashes it on the floor. I confronted him and said "what the fuck is your problem?" My boy and the girls pulled me aside and said "Did you get him mad?" I said no and demanded to know who the fuck that guy was, my friend then comes to me and whispers in my ear and tells me "he works for the Sinaloa Cartel, just apologize to him." I thought to myself, "Really?!" So I go and apologize to the guy for taking his beer, even though it was the chick who said it was ok to take it. We shake it out and that was that. At that point, I wanted to get the hell out of there.

No more than 20 minutes later, my friend wants me to go in the narco's car to get him a hit of coke and he wanted me to go with him. I refused and said "FUCKKKK NOOOO", but he made me feel guilty because he was my friend and he has done favors for me before. So then I complied. We get into a hummer with the girls and the narco, all while the narco is talking in his walkie talkie, I'm thinking to myself when will this ride be over. We come into this shady house way outside Hermosillo and in the house come out no more than 6 dudes with AK-47's. I look at my friend and he looks at me and tells me to relax. I go inside to the house with my friend, and as I was walking into the house, I was already trying to plan an escape in my head. I was thinking maybe grab a knife and walk behind one of those guys with the AK's and slit his throat and grab his gun to shoot the rest? My mind was racing at that moment. I was cursing my friend in my mind the whole way for bringing me along with him. Inside, he not only gets handed some coke, but is given at least 3 blocks of marijuana. I then tell my friend to go and that I wanted no part in some international marijuana deal. The narcos just laugh it off and offer me a beer, which I refused. My friend tells them that I'm from Chicago and doesn't know better. They surprisingly just leave me alone, once done with the "deal" they don't drive us back and tell us to catch a cab. So I'm right in the middle of nowhere in the countryside in Sonora with my friend who has a whole bunch of weed with him. I wanted to be nowhere near him and I walk to the nearest street and take a cab myself back to the hotel. I ditched him and didn't care, I was so pissed that day.

My friendship with him still goes on as we settled our differences and moved on from it. But it was just a bad experience at the time. I coudn't believe that all this time I had a friend who worked with a cartel in Mexico. What a pity.

Online game:

I never really have success with online game at all. Maybe the fact that I look like the people there has something to do with it, but most girls who I setup a date with through online flaked. Either they were busy or they ignored my texts. I think maybe a white guy, black guy or an Asian guy will have better success here since they stand out in sites like Badoo for instance.

Competition/Gringo status:

In terms of hooking up, I give Hermosillo a 3/5. You can get laid, but you are going to need game and work at it. Hispanic guys can rely on their Spanglish to make it known that you aren't a local. That is what I did, I would always speak Spanglish when I gamed to make it known to the girl that I'm from the U.S. and not some random guy from Hermosillo. All other races will have a slight edge, but of course you will need game. I did not see a single Black guy, white guy or Asian guy. I did see lots of Mexican Americans though but that's about it.

Safety:

Even with the isolated incident that occurred to me with the narcos, Hermosillo is still pretty much safe. I never felt unsafe at all anywhere in the city. Just exercise caution like in any other city in Latin America and you'll be fine. Even with this, like I do in all my Mexico threads, here is a warning from the US Department of State warning travel to Sonora:

Quote:Quote:

Sonora is a key region in the international drug and human trafficking trades and can be extremely dangerous for travelers. Travelers throughout Sonora are encouraged to limit travel to main roads during daylight hours. The region west of Nogales, east of Sonoyta, and from Caborca north, including the towns of Saric, Tubutama, and Altar, and the eastern edge of Sonora bordering Chihuahua, are known centers of illegal activity, and non-essential travel between these cities should be avoided. Travelers should also defer non-essential travel to the eastern edge of the state of Sonora, which borders the state of Chihuahua (all points along that border east of the northern city of Agua Prieta and the southern town of Alamos), and defer non-essential travel within the city of Ciudad Obregon and south of the city of Navojoa.

^^^^^ No mention of Hermosillo. Again, just exercise caution.

Overall Impressions

I loved it. I love traveling around Mexico to places where most people don't go to. Mexico to me is two countries within itself. One country being Mexico City, Cancun, and Guadalajara and the remaining of Mexico being the other country. I met some beautiful women, had some good food, and had crazy experiences. Although the city is good for women and food, Hermosillo can get boring very quickly if you're not gaming or having girls on the regular. Aside from the mall or the few bars and clubs, there is really not much to do. If you don't care about boredom then go check out Hermosillo, in terms of women you won't be disappointed.

INTRODUCTION TO MEXICAN BANDA MUSIC

I wanted to share with you guys a type of genre that has always been so dear to me. Dancing this type of music has gotten me laid in Mexico and in the U.S. in Mexican communities. Before I knew any kind of game or red-pill thinking, this has been an alternative. Northern Mexican girls love to dance and expect men to know it and to be good at it. If you don't know how to dance, family members would shun you and shame you for it. Its practically a religion for Northern Mexicans.

I'm very sure that probably none of you will dance this to get Mexican women, but fuck it, my thread.

What is Banda Music? Its essentially a mixture of both German Polka and Mexican mariachi music. During the late 1890s, German immigrants who didn't make it to Ellis Island, made their way to northern Mexico. Where do you think the stereotype of the drunk Mexican who yells and sings while drunk came from? It came from the Germans.

So you take German Polka like this

And you mix it with a mariachi dance like this:

[Image: 1620953050_66fb5a7bb8.jpg?v=0]

You get this:

^^^ Banda Music is heard and danced in Sinaloa, Sonora, Zacatecas, Aguascalientes, Nuevo Leon, you name it, all over northern Mexico by the lower and middle class, including a good portion of the upper class (even if they won't admit it, but they know the basics). The elite in Mexico despise it and criticize it as they see it as a dance that caters to the "ignorant" or in other words opium for the poor if you will. The reality is that a large portion of the population love it, and dance it, poor or rich. The gentleman in the video is Valentin Elizalde and is one of my favorite Banda performers, I learned by mimicking his moves as a teenager to get the dance right, I tried to mimic his posture and body language, a true alpha who would get bitches everywhere he went in his concerts, and would dance with his fans. If his fan were fat or ugly he would only dance with them for about 5 seconds and move on to the next. His life ended when he was brutally executed by the Zetas, rumors say he was involved with drug trafficking.

If you live in the United States, especially where there are lots of Mexicans like in California, Texas, Illinois, the Southwest. You more than likely have come across hearing this type of music. To non Mexicans, the music can be annoying. I once recall a friend referring to it as clown music, and another friend calling it circus music. My dad would always play it aloud in our home, only to have neighbors call the cops on us to keep it down. Its understandable, Although Northern Mexicans themselves gather and applaud these Banda performances with passion, non-Mexican folks seem to avoid them with equal passion. The music is very loud and brassy and the driving percussion is sometimes quite demanding. The ferocity of brass playing and the dissonance of intonation and tuning is sometimes quite unnerving to unsuspecting ears. As a result, Mexican Banda music seems to be an uncomfortably acquired taste for people foreign to the culture.

How to dance:

Me being the son of a Zacatecan immigrant, my dad would not let me go down to Mexico until I knew how to dance banda. I would kick and scream, but my dad stuck to his guns and demanded I learned and I thanked him for it, because it has gotten me laid to no end. If you're good looking and adopt this dance, you will kill with the Mexican girls, no way to slice it. Banda represents macho Mexican culture where the woman follows the man's lead always. Its a chance to completely meet a hot woman and quickly skip into kino and touch her. Here are some steps in learning how to dance Banda.

1) Grab your partner in a close embrace and put your right arm around her waist. If you are a leftie, you still put your right arm around her waist. Grab her hand with your left hand. Hold her tightly, because you will move together across the dance floor.

2) Listen to the song being played. Find the heavy pulsing percussion that is being played out by the big tambora, a heavy drum that has a cymbal attached to it. When it is struck the cymbal also sounds. Banda percussion is hard and fast and should be easy to locate.

3) Alternate your steps in time with the percussion of the banda music. Holding the girl close, slightly jump back and forth from one foot to another, making sure she is following you on the opposite foot like a mirror image.

4) Turn in circles as you dance, keeping the embrace tight and the movements in time with the music. In banda music, dancers turn about in place as they move across the dance floor, turning first to one side and then to another. The man leads the turns from the woman's waist, bringing her around in from of him as he turns to the left or right. Couples dance forward and backward and from side to side, but the man usually stays in the center of the turns, and the female dances around him.

5) Kick your leg out to the side with each step, adding flair to your banda dancing. Do this to the rhythm, kicking only when there is a beat to be accentuated by the kick.

6) Move your hips from side to side as you dance. Stay in sync with your partner's hips and the music, using your hip movements to keep time to the music as you dance.

Here are some dance videos

^^^^The point is to put your leg in between her legs like in minute 1:58 so she could feel your leg slightly grinding on her crotch. If you want you're leg to rub her crotch even harder you do what my man Valentin does in minute 3:05 with the next girl.

More videos.

How to apply this dance to game

Once you have learned the basics, you can now actually go out and dance. In places like Sinaloa, Sonora, and Zacatecas, rodeos, festivals, and Banda dance performances are the best places to get yourself a fine Mexican girl and dance with her and hopefully bang her.

What happens in these events, as the music starts, you will see rows of girls standing ready to be asked to dance. Women rarely go up to the guy and ask him to dance. Its up to the guy to initiate that. If you see a girl you like, you simply walk up to her and extend your hand so she could take it. She could take your hand and accept or she could simply refuse. Most girls will accept the dance, and you'll find that even if they are not interested they will still dance with you. Their way to reject you is to simply push away from you when you hold her tightly or, she will only dance one song with you. My rule of thumb, if the dance doesn't get to at least the 3rd song, you're pretty much out. Pass the 3rd song you are pretty much in, it means she liked your dancing or your vibe. If you're a good looking dude, you will have an advantage, also if you're very tall too because it shows more dominance. If you're a short guy like me, try getting a girl equal to your height or shorter. Getting a taller girl will be a little harder to pull off because the dance is all about male dominance and it looks weird when a short dude tries to dance with a girl taller than him (although i've seen some short ass dudes pull hot girls by making up with their dancing skills). Just remember like in game, you will have to make up for some things.

Once you know the girl is into you, and you'll know when she puts her right arm over your shoulder to where you know have both arms around her waist. This is key because its the difference between being intimate or not. You can then sweet talk her on the right of her ear. Tell her she looks cute, looks nice, you like how she dances, these aren't American girls, and they'll appreciate the compliments. I usually wait for a more slow and romantic song. Bitches love nothing more than holding a man and dancing slowly to a slow and romantic song. Bitches seem to like this one nowadays:

Once I get a good romantic song, I start getting a little more physical. I move my right hand from her waist down to her lower end of her lower back, slightly touching the top of her ass. I squeeze her in closer to me and have my cheek touch hers as we dance. If I feel no resistance, I go in for the kiss. Once you kiss close, you're on your way to getting it in with that chick. You can simply leave whenever you want, she'll follow, but it will depend whether or not she went to the event alone or with family and friends. If friends and family cock-block you, you got yourself a date if you play your cards right. Mexican girls fall in love fast and will rave to their friends about the guy they met at a dance. If you get the bang that same night or if you get cock-blocked and get her number, its still a win-win because they will want to meet you again more often than not, but there will be a chance they'll flake.

Another thing I do, ever since I joined the forum which I expanded a bit further is instead of meeting the girl at the dance and having to go through the process of selecting a girl you don't know and getting her comfortable with you, meet them in the Day Game arena during the day, and have the dance event be the first date which is what I did in Hermosillo and have been doing it for a while whenever I go to Mexico. Bitches in this part of the country love to dance Banda music and can't wait for any type of dance event and mark it on their calendar. December is usually the month where a lot of these festivals and parties happen due to everybody being off and Mexican Americans flooding Mexico to see their families during the holidays. So I try to connect with the girl during the day and invite her to the next party or rodeo, if they say yes, I meet them at the dance and we're seeing as a couple already and you don't have to do the work of picking a girl and escalating at the dance. With a date already set up, you can pretty much just dive in. Single girls would prefer to go with a guy than alone. So far I've had almost a 100% bang success rate doing this. Once I get them on that dance floor on the first date, its on and popping. You can also put them on a horse at a rodeo, which is what I do if you haven't already noticed. It's easier doing it this way.

For my Black, Asian and White brothers, I know that probably 0% of you in the forum will not do this, but for those who are slightly interested, if any of you non-Mexicans actually do this, you will kill its scary. Here's a Black guy dancing banda:

Overall thoughts

I want to thank a lot of you guys who have helped me a long the way. I have realized that my game has gotten a lot better than where I was before I joined the forum and sometimes I underestimate myself. Shout out to all of you guys here, you guys are the best.

Good Sheet Mi Compa!

Quote: (01-19-2015 04:20 PM)BCien Wrote:  

Good Sheet Mi Compa!

Thanks man, how you been? Haven't seen you around here in a while. Stay up, we need your advice. Nice video too haha.

Thanks for the data sheet. This was much needed information for the forum. I recently got my Sonora flag and was curious. Midwest, you seem to have tons of success with girls who ride horses. Maybe that deserves its own data sheet.

Quote: (01-19-2015 05:04 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Thanks for the data sheet. This was much needed information for the forum. I recently got my Sonora flag and was curious. Midwest, you seem to have tons of success with girls who ride horses. Maybe that deserves its own data sheet.

That first girl on the horse is quite nice. Well done. She looks like a typical cute Mexicana.

Great field report brother. Will be referring to this on my next trip.

My buddy raved about this place. Said that when he went out to clubs, girls were approaching him saying things like "Que quapo estas".

Solid solid solid. Any tips for dudes who spanish isn't that great?

Quote: (01-19-2015 04:50 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

Quote: (01-19-2015 04:20 PM)BCien Wrote:  

Good Sheet Mi Compa!

Thanks man, how you been? Haven't seen you around here in a while. Stay up, we need your advice. Nice video too haha.

Busy man,and you? I know I need to bust out an LA Paisa Club data sheet soon. LOL thanks!

Quote: (01-19-2015 05:04 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Yeah, I don't know man haha. The thing is that a lot of these girls like going to the rodeos and and dance festivals where they have horses. Whenever I go to Sonora, Sinaloa, Zacatecas, its always the same thing and I just go along with it. In rodeos they have horses, and girls like getting on them to take pictures and whatnot and ride them. I quickly caught on to this, and whenever it comes to setting up a date, I always propose a nearby rodeo to ride a horse. It works like a charm.

Quote: (01-19-2015 04:03 PM)MidWest Wrote:  

More videos.

I've seen a black guy dance "banda" before he killed it. That was here in So-Cal.

In before the 2/10 WNB guys.

By the way, I got that polka came from Poland. Hence the name.

Midwest:
How much time would you recommend spending in Hermosillo? Guadalajara and Medellin are both two week plus cities in my opinion. Playa del Carmen is good for a week, or not even that. I had the chance to spend two weeks in Playa in December and January, but felt like leaving after one week.

Quote: (01-19-2015 08:37 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Midwest:
How much time would you recommend spending in Hermosillo? Guadalajara and Medellin are both two week plus cities in my opinion. Playa del Carmen is good for a week, or not even that. I had the chance to spend two weeks in Playa in December and January, but felt like leaving after one week.

Yeah I hear you, I remember when I went to Buenos Aires I was ready to come back home after a week and a half. I couldn't imagine staying in Playa for 2 weeks.

I would recommend a week, maybe less. I stayed 3 weeks in Hermosillo and I got bored pretty quickly by the second week. There just isn't much to do aside from a few clubs and bars. Hermosillo reminds me of Culiacan in a lot of ways. Nice little city with a few clubs and bars, hot girls, but nothing to do. There's a reason why hardly no one goes there. Its very worth it though for the girls, but I wouldn't stay there too long.

Badass datasheet! I wish I could rep you again. Thanks for the contribution I hope it helps the others. Good work!

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Epic report my man. I'd give you a rep point for it if I hadn't already given you one. So would it be pointless to go there if you aren't fluent in Spanish?

Quote: (01-19-2015 10:00 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Epic report my man. I'd give you a rep point for it if I hadn't already given you one. So would it be pointless to go there if you aren't fluent in Spanish?

I still say go on ahead and go. Spanish is recommended because most girls there don't speak any English whatsoever, but I wouldn't let that stop you from going. I recall watching a video of a guy who went to Colombia and got a girl with very little Spanish skills. Here is the interaction.

^^^^This is in Colombia so I'm only speculating here, but I think guys who don't know a lot of Spanish would be able to get along fine in Hermosillo. In fact, watching what that guy did in the video picking up the girl with little Spanish kills seems like a fun thing to try out.

Midwest,

How do Mexican men dress in Sonora? How did you dress? Also, tell me about their hairstyles.

How would a Mexican girl from Sonora want a man to dress like?

MidWest:
I just have a few follow-up questions. Did you try daygame at the university at all? It looks like that El Dorado place you posted about is right on the university campus. I think logistics would be pretty good to meet a girl on campus and invite her to El Dorado for a drink. Are banks the only places to change money in Hermosillo? Is there any problem bringing girls into either Hotel Colonial or Fiesta Inn?

Quote: (01-21-2015 01:46 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

MidWest:
I just have a few follow-up questions. Did you try daygame at the university at all? It looks like that El Dorado place you posted about is right on the university campus. I think logistics would be pretty good to meet a girl on campus and invite her to El Dorado for a drink. Are banks the only places to change money in Hermosillo? Is there any problem bringing girls into either Hotel Colonial or Fiesta Inn?

Yeah "El Dorado" is right on the Univerisity Plaza, and I didn't get the chance to daygame there because it was dead when I went. All the students went home for the holidays so it pretty much felt like a ghost town, surprisingly the restaurant was packed though. I assume when classes are in session, there is some fine girls walking around, and of course my first instinct would have been to use El Dorado for instant dates and whatnot. Christmas break, and Semana Santa break are typically bad if you want to game at a university anywhere in Mexico because that is when students go home.

There are many "Casas de Cambio" or "casetas" to exchange money all over the city. They are everywhere. I usually use banks for safety purposes but every now and then when the bank is closed, I go to one of the "Casas de Cambio" and exchange money there. Hotel Colonial also has one just outside the hotel, but the exchange rate is a rip-off (I think it was 8 pesos for the dollar) it should be around 14 pesos for the dollar. But finding one won't be a problem, they are literally everywhere.

As far as bringing girls back to the hotel, they never said anything to me. I would bring the girls I was hanging out with back to the hotel colonial and would walk right past the front desk. One of the dudes that was working there gave me a thumbs up [Image: lol.gif]. It was similar at the Fiesta Inn in Culiacan. I'm not sure what the rules are when it comes to bringing back guests, I just think it depends on how lenient the staff is during the time of your stay there.

Hope this helps.

Quote: (01-20-2015 02:23 PM)TheBlackRooster Wrote:  

Midwest,

How do Mexican men dress in Sonora? How did you dress?

Most guys at the bars dressed with their ambrecombrie and Fitch and Hollister, you know typical fresas. Some guys with dress shirts. But I was dressed casual during the day. Jeans, v-neck shirts, boots. At night I would rock some cool dress shirts, nothing too fancy, some sunglasses during the day as well, a watch.

Also, tell me about their hairstyles.

I wasn't really paying attention to dudes hairstyles. But I do have a medium fade if that helps.

How would a Mexican girl from Sonora want a man to dress like?

I guess that depends on the girl. All the girls I was with liked how I dressed and thought I looked "guapo" so theres that.

Quote: (01-19-2015 08:24 PM)germanico Wrote:  

In before the 2/10 WNB guys.

By the way, I got that polka came from Poland. Hence the name.

Germanico,

I know you've been to the Feria de San Marcos in Aguascalientes. Did you see or sense a difference between the girls in Mexico City and Aguascalientes in terms of personalities, attitudes or just overall vibe? I ask this because I think the girls in the north are a lot nicer than the ones down in Mexico City. That's just my observation, not sure how you see it though.

Bumping thread.

I'm sold!

Anybody been here? If so, how accurate is the op on this place? Adding it to my go to places to visit.