rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RIP Greg Plitt

RIP Greg Plitt

I always found Greg to be an incredibly inspirational speaker and a great role model.

He was killed recently. Hit by a train whilst filming an ad apparently. Tragic news.

RIP.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/...es-4999016

RIP Greg Plitt

Did he commit suicide or was just being stupid?

Also he did have an amazing body. Will this make him the next Zyzz?

They guy sounded like a hero from his life description.

The bio adds: "Before his acting and modeling career, Greg was a two-time All-America wrestler, a graduate of West Point Military Academy, a U.S. Army Ranger, a former Army captain and company commander of 184 soldiers, and a PRO-rated skydiver with more than 1500 jumps to date."

RIP Greg Plitt

Quote: (01-18-2015 05:56 PM)kbell Wrote:  

The bio adds: "Before his acting and modeling career, Greg was a two-time All-America wrestler, a graduate of West Point Military Academy, a U.S. Army Ranger, a former Army captain and company commander of 184 soldiers, and a PRO-rated skydiver with more than 1500 jumps to date."

This is a guy that most men would have traded places with in a heartbeat. But now he is dead at 37 after being hit by a train. Struck down randomly in his prime.

There are several important lessons here:

1) It's foolish to be jealous of other people, because you never really know what their lives are like anyway, or how much time they will have to enjoy them.

2) Our time here is not guaranteed. Live accordingly. See:

Quote:James 4:13-15 Wrote:

Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.”

3) Don't play around train tracks, or more generally, don't take stupid risks for no reason. It's actually pretty easy to get yourself into dangerous situations in life without realizing it. Be careful, and always mindful of your surroundings.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

RIP Greg Plitt

This is very unexpected Greg had great advice and seemed like an all around awesome person, not that I knew him but my condolences . RIP

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

RIP Greg Plitt

To be honest, it seems plausible that this was a suicide attempt based on the details I read in the original poster's link.

RIP Greg Plitt

I saw that he also dated Katie Clearly, who was discussed on this board (http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-37828.html)

Here is the article: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-ne...ex-5000596

RIP Greg Plitt

Quote: (01-19-2015 03:49 AM)Drazen Wrote:  

I saw that he also dated Katie Clearly, who was discussed on this board (http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-37828.html)

Here is the article: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-ne...ex-5000596

And she didn't miss the opportunity to attention whore the tragedy for all it's worth no doubt.

RIP Greg Plitt

Very accomplished guy. Used to read a lot of his work & interviews in various fitness magazines years ago. Rest in Peace.

Scorpion : I am consistently impressed with the amount of wisdom you leave on the forum. Very insightful to a newcomer like myself & no doubt to the other veterans. Always a joy reading your comments.

RIP Greg Plitt

MikeCF's and his guest Jay have a few tidbits on his death towards the end of his newest podcast. From what it sounds like, just seems like he was chasing a thrill and lost in a game of chicken.

http://www.dangerandplay.com/2015/01/18/...tts-death/

RIP Greg Plitt

Super sad news.... not just because he is semi famous but because he truly helped and touched many people all over the world with his videos. If more people looked up to guys like this rather then famous musicians or actors they world would be a better place. There is a clip of him talking on one of my favorite motivation videos. To try to look at a brighter side of this tragedy this guy lived more in his 37 years here then a lot of people live in a lifetime. Also his untimely death might led to more people discovering his videos and message and improving their lives. People die man... it happens. However I hate to see young people die (kids, teenagers) and I hate to see people who basically live their lives to help and motivate others to better their lives die as well.R.I.P

I have seen a lot of clips of him training on tracks and working out along side trains. I certainly dont think he killed himself. I think the guy just liked trains and being around them and got careless or caught up in a video or workout and made a mistake. There a clip on this video of him walking down one set of tracks while a train is barreling up the tracks beside him... Maybe he was doing something similar and the sound of the train beside him canceled out the sound of the train that took his life... I dont know I just don't think it was suicide, I think it was a tragedy.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

RIP Greg Plitt

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

RIP Greg Plitt

Hate to point out a couple of things here.

1: He graduated from West Point, was an inspirational motivator, had the body most men would kill for, had fame and fortune and yet he was dicking around on train tracks with live locomotives moving around?

2: If he was suicidal then he hid it well. It also lays claim to a potential attention whore moment. "hey look at me, Mr famous as I get rail roaded by a 10k tonne train".

Something doesn't add up but at the same time you're telling me that fucking around where trains are is the choice of a smart man?

I knew that at 6 years of age.

RIP Greg Plitt

Quote: (01-19-2015 12:05 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

1: He graduated from West Point, was an inspirational motivator, had the body most men would kill for, had fame and fortune and yet he was dicking around on train tracks with live locomotives moving around?

2: If he was suicidal then he hid it well. It also lays claim to a potential attention whore moment. "hey look at me, Mr famous as I get rail roaded by a 10k tonne train".

Something doesn't add up but at the same time you're telling me that fucking around where trains are is the choice of a smart man?

What the fuck is the purpose of your post? To show that you are intellectually superior because at the tender young age of 6 years old you knew better then to be around trains?

You come into a thread for people to pay their respects or say something about how the deceased and motivated them and say that bull shit about he is a attention whore getting hit by a 10 ton* train... for what reason?

Your cool bro... I'm sure since you are so smart and know all the cool shit about train safety you know that your life is WAAAAAAY cooler and much more fulfilling Greg Plitts ever was.

If you have anything else slick to say. please pm me.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard

RIP Greg Plitt

This is unfortunate. I expected him to die fighting 2 grizzly bears or something chuck norris-esque. Being hit by a train is how drunk indians die in Canada.

Cr33pin is correct on his train affinity through, especially if he was hit in a train yard, one moving train would obscure the noise and vibration of another.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

RIP Greg Plitt

First thought I had when I read that he was carrying a camcorder...I wonder if this shows up on live leak or Best Gore.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

RIP Greg Plitt

Guys, most news sources are reporting he thought the train was on another track which is why he didn't move.

RIP Greg Plitt

[Image: ohshit.gif]

cr33pin - 1
gold fool - 0

RIP Greg Plitt

Quote: (01-18-2015 05:27 PM)Windom Earle Wrote:  

He was killed recently. Hit by a train whilst filming an ad apparently. Tragic news.

Yeah, apparently he got whey too close to a train filming a protein ad. Sad.

RIP Greg Plitt

Seemed like a solid guy. Sorry to hear that he's gone. I must wonder, though: how did he not see/hear the train coming? Strange times.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

RIP Greg Plitt

Quote: (01-19-2015 12:32 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Quote: (01-19-2015 12:05 PM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

What the fuck is the purpose of your post? To show that you are intellectually superior because at the tender young age of 6 years old you knew better then to be around trains?

You come into a thread for people to pay their respects or say something about how the deceased and motivated them and say that bull shit about he is a attention whore getting hit by a 10 ton* train... for what reason?

Your cool bro... I'm sure since you are so smart and know all the cool shit about train safety you know that your life is WAAAAAAY cooler and much more fulfilling Greg Plitts ever was.

If you have anything else slick to say. please pm me.

You're too smart for your own good. You seem to make up things and seem to pretend you know how I think?

Please aware me on the things I did not say and for that matter I don't need to cry to you in private messages. I'm not intimidated by someone who is disliking what somebody posted ina RIP thread.

The guy got hit by a train. Trains are on tracks. I played on docklands, train yards and roads as a kid and I knew they were dangerous.

So please "slick", tell me how this guy should be remembered. Playing in train yards to boost your ego is the downfall of how many smart men these days?

RIP Greg Plitt

Quote: (01-19-2015 09:37 PM)monster Wrote:  

Quote: (01-18-2015 05:27 PM)Windom Earle Wrote:  

Yeah, apparently he got whey too close to a train filming a protein ad. Sad.

I want to know if it was a case of some piece of metal jutting out from the side of the train striking him in the head.

This is the reason why a conductor kicked the shit out of this fool in the video below who was trying to take a selfie near the train as it passed. He knew the dipshit was about to get clocked in the back of the head by a piece of steel traveling pretty fast.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

RIP Greg Plitt

He died while filming a workout/motivational video for his website. It was not a suicide, it was a tragic error of judgement.

It is thought that he and his crew assumed the train was going to be going across a parallel track; unfortunately too late they found out it was coming onto the track he was filming on. This is not impossible for anyone who has seen track switches, they are very confusing to look at and it is very easy to misunderstand which track a train might come on.

Two other people from Greg's crew go away safely, he tripped on the track while he was trying to escape.

They did not bother to get a permit beforehand because of the long time it would take to cut through the red tape. Big, big mistake.

I got the above infor from a dailymail article on this a few days ago. Google it, as I don't have the link.

RIP Greg Plitt

This was crazy when I heard of it last week. The man was in his prime and helped tons of people. RIP Greg Plitt.

RIP Greg Plitt

Very sad news.

Just another example of how small errors in judgment and mistakes can have enormous consequences. The world is a cold, heartless and chaotic place.

RIP Greg Plitt

As someone with a close relative who was a train crewman for 25 years and in the course of that had to deal with the emotional aftermath of his train killing maybe half a dozen dumbfucks who drove their vehicles onto tracks without looking, and injuring numerous other dumbfucks who did the same, and himself being injured multiple times by the negligence of these dumbfucks until he was finally severely injured and permanently disabled in a derailment caused by another of these dumbfucks who himself died, excuse me if I have less than full sympathy for this guy and his dumbfuckery of playing on train tracks.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron