rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fight Club: Bob & Marla don't exist

Found this website today that really changed my perspective on the movie.
http://www.jackdurden.com

Quote:Quote:

This website is a film analysis of the movie Fight Club, directed by David Fincher. I emphasize the word film here, since it has little to do with the novel Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk.

Efforts to discredit my theory typically consist of the following highly predictable and easily dismissible claims. Click each weak argument below to see why it is wrong. New claims will be posted and debunked as they are received.

Thanks for posting that, very interesting. Just spent ages reading the whole thing.

I did a little research and noticed that Palahniuk is releasing a a sequel this year, albeit as a graphic novel. Wonder if it will be adapted into another film?

I'm going to watch the film tonight, and see it from this new perspective.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

mind blown.

[Image: mind-blown-o.gif]

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

i read through it, but don't get it.its been a few years since i watched the film, i could have swore the other characters have to go and fetch marla at the end of the film and other characters can see her. except none of them are real either? and none of it is real but jack is just inventing it all because he never sleeps and going crazy? that actually makes some sense.

Yea it makes sense. I always wondered about the scene where the girl goes washing room and grabs the jeans and also why she can go to the testicular support group.

Quote: (01-16-2015 04:33 PM)evilhei Wrote:  

Yea it makes sense. I always wondered about the scene where the girl goes washing room and grabs the jeans and also why she can go to the testicular support group.

God damn, it didn't even occur to me that she wouldn't/shouldn't be at the testicular cancer support group. But you never know, many female teachers believe they may enter a boys locker room or bathroom with impunity... if they think there is "tomfoolery" going on.

I'm also going to re-watch this now that I have read this post. I should really get around to reading the book too.

Quote: (01-16-2015 05:52 PM)Bizet Wrote:  

I'm also going to re-watch this now that I have read this post. I should really get around to reading the book too.

Book is great, different than the movie in many ways, I read it several times.

Quote: (01-16-2015 06:10 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

The book is practically word-for-word the same as the movie.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (01-17-2015 04:29 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2015 06:10 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

The book is practically word-for-word the same as the movie.

The movie is pretty faithful to the book, but there are notable exceptions. For example, the way the Narrator meets Tyler in the book is on the beach where Tyler is trying to make a shadow hand with wooden stakes or something like that. When the sun catches the stakes at just the right angle, it casts a shadow that looks like a hand, but the sun quickly moves a bit, making the shadow look distorted. This causes Tyler to make a comment that is something along the lines of how perfection can take a long time to achieve, and might only last for a few moments, but it's still worth it.

The ending is totally different. You can read about it here.