rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Apartment in Ho Chi Minh city

I just moved into a apartment in district 1. The apartment have this rule that if you have a girl stay overnight (pass 12), she has to register her ID at the place. They tell me this is the law. Obviously this is a buzz kill if the girl you bring back has to do this.

Does anyone have any experience with this. How strongly do they enforce such thing? Did I make a mistake renting a serviced apartment vs something like a house?

Quote: (01-12-2015 08:17 AM)Stickman Wrote:  

I just moved into a apartment in district 1. The apartment have this rule that if you have a girl stay overnight (pass 12), she has to register her ID at the place. They tell me this is the law. Obviously this is a buzz kill if the girl you bring back has to do this.

Does anyone have any experience with this. How strongly do they enforce such thing? Did I make a mistake renting a serviced apartment vs something like a house?

I stayed at the hotel Lan Lan 2 in D1 for 9 nights. They charged me
$20 per night per girl. LOL.

One of my girls was an attorney there....who got pissed and looked up
the law....said it was BS. I am not sure what to think.

I booked a cheap hotel right behind the burger king off of pham gnu lao road. I would always get a single room for 2 guests and say my girlfriend was coming later and never had a problem

Lately if I needed to find a place for the night with a girl I would just drive around on the motorbike and have her go in and ask for availability and rates.

They never asked the girls that I was with for ID but technically it is the law. I think you just found a place that is strict.

If your place has a security guard in the night they might enforce it.
My friend said that they very strict when it was very late. When it was not so late and the girl didn't look like a hooker they didn't ask for her ID.

Is this THE Stickman from Bangkok?

That isn't an apartment dude. I've never heard of an issue from anyone who actually has their own residence in Vietnam.

Quote: (01-12-2015 07:52 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

That isn't an apartment dude. I've never heard of an issue from anyone who actually has their own residence in Vietnam.

Can you elaborate? how is it not an apartment? a few people that replied that this is indeed the law and is an issue. I can see that if you rent the whole house without security then yes you can bypass this but the place would likely be unfurnished, expensive and hard to find.

Personally, I think you're being scammed by an enterprising security guard at your building. Who is 'they' that is telling you this is the law?

No need to rent a whole house. Some apartments don't have security guards and therefore no restrictions.

Quote: (01-13-2015 12:15 AM)Stickman Wrote:  

Quote: (01-12-2015 07:52 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

Can you elaborate? how is it not an apartment? a few people that replied that this is indeed the law and is an issue. I can see that if you rent the whole house without security then yes you can bypass this but the place would likely be unfurnished, expensive and hard to find.