rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Developing A Travel Product, Need Some Feedback

Hey RVF,

I'm currently in China working on a few projects, one of which is developing a travel product - I can't go into detail here for obvious reasons but, let's just say it's luggage related and designed for optimizing efficiency. Seeing as quite a lot of the guys on RVF, especially the travel forum fit into my target demo (including myself) - male, frequent traveler and has issues optimizing their luggage - I thought I'd reach out. Any feedback on the questions I'm about to ask would be great:
  • Is there anything you look for specifically when buying a suitcase? For example, I always seem to have trouble with handles breaking on me or from rough baggage handling, so the strength of that plays a big role in my purchasing (get the double bar handles for strength).
  • Any problems you frequently face with your bags now (other than broken handles [Image: tongue.gif] )?
  • What do you usually pay for new luggage (carry-ons & suitcases) and would you pay more if it had added features you thought optimized space?
Obviously, the questions are vague but, they are specific enough to provide me the info I need. I'm also using other resources for research, just want to confirm and maybe fine tune my idea as much as possible as the product doesn't currently exist on the market. Despite that, it's fairly uncomplicated to develop, I'm looking at launching in the next 6-7months, might be delayed by the CNY. I'll try and update you guys with my progress, regardless of not being able to disclose too much about the company. I'll be able to talk about my dealings with Chinese manufacturers, imports/exports etc going forward.

Drop a line boys!

Cheers

It would be nice if you could deliver a chart or diagram in which I can see which airline this suitcase fits the hand luggage guidelines. This is definitely a problem in Europe where felt every airline has other regulations/clauses for that.

I need more details. I buy luggage based off of price and size. I do have ideas about this idea.....not sure I want to give them away though.

Has to fit in budget carrier airlines carry on luggage indeed and still be something you can carry on your back, atleast 40l.

Be better than Minaal

http://www.minaal.com/