rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone Killing It In Sales?

Just asking around - seeing as Sales is such an important skill to learn. Sales is great, but I'm looking towards the Oil business as well. Anyone have datasheets for sales jobs available?

Really bro?

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-7980.html
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-27531.html
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-35238.html
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-43404.html
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-38045.html

Well thanks, but the information is rather spread out and scarce. Anywho, I've since decided to not do sales anymore. I fucking hate sales. It drains too much of my energy.

Quote: (01-06-2015 07:01 PM)blackwolfwins Wrote:  

Just asking around - seeing as Sales is such an important skill to learn.

Quote: (01-08-2015 09:02 PM)blackwolfwins Wrote:  

Anywho, I've since decided to not do sales anymore. I fucking hate sales. It drains too much of my energy.

[Image: big-gulps-huh-o.gif]

HAAA

Well that was quick

Well thanks, but the information is rather spread out and scarce. Anywho, I've since decided to not do sales anymore. I fucking hate sales. It drains too much of my energy.

You change your mind like a girl. Reading this thread drained too much of my energy.

Quote: (01-08-2015 11:29 PM)travolta Wrote:  

You change your mind like a girl. Reading this thread drained too much of my energy.

No smartass (you're not funny btw), I've been looking into getting a sales job for months. I've had this telemarketing gig for a week and ultimately decided not go go forward in the industry. There's better ways for me to make money. I'm sticking to getting my CDL. I'm not going to argue with anonymous internet trolls. It's a valuable skill to have, but working in the industry isn't for everyone. However I want this thread to remain open for people who are interested in sales that may be able to take advantage of any resources posted here.

***My advice on landing a GOOD sales job***

I would have done this from jump street had I not been so naive, (you learn from your mistakes, right?) but besides, I'm looking at other opportunities to stack now.

Do NOT look for sales gigs on Craigslist! The vast majority of those jobs are bullshit scams for shitty companies with shitty pay structure and environment, etc.

You find good sales jobs by networking, and walking into offices, dealerships, wherever they have salesmen. You don't want the Craigslist jobs because they are all revolving doors, hence why they're mainly advertising on CL. They know they can spend $20 one time on an ad in a large city, and easily get them at LEAST 100 qualified employees over time who can make them $xx,xxx profit off bat but will eventually quit cause the company sucks ass, among other factors.

Look for jobs that have NO base pay but HIGH commission - to actually make money in sales is high risk, high reward. You won't find a worthwhile job that pays base as if it's a regular job. Highly unlikely. If you have bills to pay (rent, phone, food, transportation) and no one else to help you out, understand the risk of doing this, or make sure you've got a nestegg to fall back on until you start making sales. The alternative is a low pay telemarketing gig, but (from my experience) they suck ass and you run the risk of going clinically insane. However, if you're someone who enjoys sitting in an office cubicle chained (with a headset) to a small computer desk suit yourself, LOL. I must admit if you consistently get sales, your experience becomes MUCH more enjoyable, and the time will go by much faster both because of your emotional state being boosted of being able to sell as well as the calls lasting much longer when the prospects are in sale, or "On the line" as Jordan Belfort would put it.

Learn how to sell on your own time - This means read books.

The Psychology of Selling by Brian Tracy
SPIN something by some guy look it up
Influence by Robert Cialdini

Also grab a copy of Jordan Belfort's Straight Line Persuasion DVD Course. This is GOLDEN especially for face to face sales, as with telemarketing for example, you're heavily limited to your choice of words because of TCPA regulations.

Freebie - Google is your best friend, and no, I'm not talking about Googling job boards, those all suck for reasons I said above.

Quote: (01-09-2015 12:01 AM)blackwolfwins Wrote:  

No smartass (you're not funny btw), I've been looking into getting a sales job for months. I've had this telemarketing gig for a week and ultimately decided not go go forward in the industry. There's better ways for me to make money. I'm sticking to getting my CDL. I'm not going to argue with anonymous internet trolls. It's a valuable skill to have, but working in the industry isn't for everyone. However I want this thread to remain open for people who are interested in sales that may be able to take advantage of any resources posted here.

*SNIP*

Let me get this straight, your qualifications/experience in sales from which you formulated your advice for getting a "GOOD" sales job are:

1. You had a telemarketing gig for a week.
2. You looked for a sales job for months.

You're calling the member with 700+ posts a troll?

I can see why your future isn't in sales. You couldn't sell a life raft to a guy with a huge hole in his sinking ship.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

lol this whole thread

- searching for a job on craigslist
- a SALES job at that
- getting the shittiest bottom feeder type sales job, a cold calling telemarketer job where you call people who hate your guts for trying to sell them worthless shit they don't need
- then dispenses his newfond wisdom

Truth is, there are just 2 types of sales jobs:
1) where you have an actual good product that you're not embarassed to present and people might actually want, just need a bit of explanation and awareness to buy it
2) the type of job where you're expected to sell air to people or unneeded shit: all the pointless cosmetics, little widgets that people can buy in any local Walmart themselves, lottery, ANYTHING to do with food etc. etc.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Quote: (01-09-2015 04:45 AM)AneroidOcean Wrote:  

*SNIP*

Let me get this straight, your qualifications/experience in sales from which you formulated your advice for getting a "GOOD" sales job are:

1. You had a telemarketing gig for a week.
2. You looked for a sales job for months.

You're calling the member with 700+ posts a troll?

I can see why your future isn't in sales. You couldn't sell a life raft to a guy with a huge hole in his sinking ship.

Anyone can troll someone else - posts have nothing to do with it. You above Internet Forum "Elitists" talking shit to someone you don't know just because I'm new and decided to share lessons from failure can say all you want, but I thought about getting into sales for quite a while, actually went looking and found something within DAYS, NOT months of being serious about it actually sending off applications and resumes. Prior to this, I was running into B.S. Door-To-Door companies with even worse pay structure than what I left. I made mistakes along the way and had people give me advice on top of what I would later discover in this short time, so I decided to impart this.... yes, newfound wisdom. Sales, at least over the phone isn't for me, but there's many people who will find what I shared, both positive and negative very valuable for their own purposes, and that's who I'm here for, not naysayers just looking to try to kick someone while they think they're down, which I'm not.

That's the spirit.

"Never take advice from someone you wouldn't trade places with."

You know blackwolf they say the people who know the least talk the most. We have 2 ears and only one mouth, so we should listen twice as much as we talk. No one's against you or kicking you while you're down.

Stop being a pansy and don't give advice about things you don't know and you won't get backlash (or trolling as you call it)

Dude, go to indeed and plug in outside sales or account manager. Craiglist is for service jobs and pyramid schemes. If you have little experience and no degree than most likely your gonna have to start with inside sales. Most inside sales jobs are hourly with overtime, but you could be making salary with the right company. If you have a degree the best entry level jobs would be medical/technical sales.

No salary high risk/ high reward jargon is dumb. I get what your saying, that no steady paycheck will make me hungrier but still, that's naive. Even if you have a salary, it's not like you can slack off because you had a good month. If your good then your always performing against yourself. The best sales jobs are when you have salary, good commission splits, car allowance, and expense card.

In the long run you can make very good money in sales but job security and advancement suck. Personally, being a regional or national manager would suck the life out of me but if your good there will always be a high paying job for you. One benefit could be that you could quickly find another job in any city if you want to relocate.

Reading up on sales techniques is good but my biggest question is, could you interview with a Fortune 500 tomorrow and land a sales position? Can you handle the never ending behavioral and situational Q's? Can you perform a case study in 15 minutes? And last but not least is the presentation. Sell me this pen....If you can clear that hurdle and have motivation and persistence than your likely to be successful.

Being personable and relatable is an asset, but I've seen some type B's who are very successful salesmen. Gotta have product knowledge and thick skin. More than likely your not going to sell your product to an individual on the 1st or even 2nd try, but you still have to establish a relationship with prospects because that one time their vender shits the bed your gonna want them to remember your name.

Quote: (01-08-2015 11:29 PM)travolta Wrote:  

Look for jobs that have NO base pay but HIGH commission - to actually make money in sales is high risk, high reward. You won't find a worthwhile job that pays base as if it's a regular job.

To a point. While I agree with the overall theory, I'd also recommend a salaried B2B position for entry level work. That way you have a guaranteed base while you get a hang of it. Once you begin to get constrained then trade up. It's not hard for a successful salesman to change companies.

Quote: (01-10-2015 12:46 AM)freshfresca Wrote:  

Reading up on sales techniques is good but my biggest question is, could you interview with a Fortune 500 tomorrow and land a sales position? Can you handle the never ending behavioral and situational Q's? Can you perform a case study in 15 minutes? And last but not least is the presentation. Sell me this pen....If you can clear that hurdle and have motivation and persistence than your likely to be successful.

Being personable and relatable is an asset, but I've seen some type B's who are very successful salesmen. Gotta have product knowledge and thick skin. More than likely your not going to sell your product to an individual on the 1st or even 2nd try, but you still have to establish a relationship with prospects because that one time their vender shits the bed your gonna want them to remember your name.

WORD. Every thing you just said mirrors my experiences in the sales world.

Man, I just don't think any time put towards learning sales is a bad investment.