rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Text to 911 to be implemented in 2015. Risks and Benefits?

I'm too tinfoil hat to post a link to the FCC here but here is a news related story http://www.knoxnews.com/news/state/911-t...e_38160411

Quote:Quote:

Advocates say the service also is useful in contacting authorities during robberies, hostage takings, domestic disputes or other situations in which making a voice call to 911 might endanger the caller.

While I can see the advantages of this service, like that person hiding in a closet during a home invasion or robbery or someone that is injured and unable to speak I also can see the dark side of this.

"Just was raped, send cops k thxs" or "comment on twitter with no trigger warning, send cops k thxs" it will open up the police to the realm of the internet and 140 characters of ludicrous behavior.

Or, recall those tense marriage on the rocks situations where the chick threatens to call the police as a last resort? No more announcement, she's already texted them before she sprung some trap ensured to trigger outrage in her partner.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Potentially this could become a mess. Do they have any idea how easy it is to spoof SMS messages to come from a plain jane server and mask the IP address in the process? The troll type hackers are gonna love this.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.