rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Social protocol - good call or dick move?

For the last few years, I and a group of friends (in the loosest definition of the word - tri-annual acquaintances would be more fitting) make plans to get together for Christmas.
Nothing too fancy. We visit Winter Wonderland and then go for drinks afterwards.
It's a mickey-mouse operation in all honesty. Ramble for 10 minutes, wait for the stragglers, ramble some more, make phone calls to find out who disappeared, repeat as necessary.
Anyway, the numbers were quite thin this year. The plan was to meet at 6pm at the underground station and then proceed inside.
I arrived promptly and found 3 others. 3 more were on the way so it was a given that we'd stick around until they arrived.
What wasn't a given was that we'd be waiting for an hour and twenty minutes.
At this point I declared that I'd had enough and proceeded to fuck off home.
I got a phone call on the way asking where I'd gone. I said that I wasn't going to wait around any longer with my thumb up my ass and that I had better things to do.

If you found yourself in a similar situation would you have done the same or would you have stuck it out?

Entirely depends if I had something better to do or somewhere better to be. If not I would have waited. If I had to go I would have said the reason to - "I have work to finish...or...Meeting Molly at Rossettos" - rather than tell them that I'm sick of sticking my thumb up my ass.

I would have given them until 6:15, then gone inside with or without them. I wouldn't have gone about it in your manner, I would have sent a text telling them that I'd be inside and drinks afterwards and to text me when they were inside.