rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Irishman ditches 6 figure job to live without a penny

[Image: 07-620x400.jpg]

Quote:Quote:

If someone told me seven years ago, in my final year of a business and economics degree, that I’d now be living without money, I’d have probably choked on my microwaved ready meal. The plan back then was to get a ‘good’ job, make as much money as possible, and buy the stuff that would show society I was successful.

For a while I did it – I had a fantastic job managing a big organic food company; had myself a yacht on the harbour. If it hadn’t been for the chance purchase of a video called Gandhi, I’d still be doing it today. Instead, for the last fifteen months, I haven’t spent or received a single penny. Zilch.

Many people label me an anti-capitalist. Whilst I do believe capitalism is fundamentally flawed, requiring infinite growth on a finite planet, I am not anti anything. I am pro-nature, pro-community and pro-happiness. And that’s the thing I don’t get – if all this consumerism and environmental destruction brought happiness, it would make some sense. But all the key indicators of unhappiness – depression, crime, mental illness, obesity, suicide and so on are on the increase. More money it seems, does not equate to more happiness.

Ironically, I have found this year to be the happiest of my life. I’ve more friends in my community than ever, I haven’t been ill since I began, and I’ve never been fitter. I’ve found that friendship, not money, is real security. That most western poverty is spiritual. And that independence is really interdependence.

http://talesfromtheconspiratum.com/2014/...out-money/

[Image: cats4.jpg]

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Living the minimalist lifestyle is fine and all that but what does he do about getting some poosy once in a while [Image: huh.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-17-2014 12:44 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Living the minimalist lifestyle is fine and all that but what does he do about getting some poosy once in a while [Image: huh.gif]

[Image: soay-sheep-farm-park-001.jpg]

I'm not kidding either. During rifle season (whitetail) I hunt on a friends property near this town of around 500 in West Virginia, lots of old guys who have a cabin in the middle of nowhere. They never go into town for anything and basically live off the land. The times they do go out, many of them get caught breaking into barns and over fences.

Quote: (12-17-2014 12:52 PM)Blick Mang Wrote:  

2/10 WNB

I think its in an Irish persons blood to be torn between passion and a profit. I know plenty of guys who were well paid lawyers etc. who packed in all in and lived in a van surfing. Its not a very materialistic society by and large and a lot of guys are happy just having 'the craic' (a laugh). This guy would still be getting laid for sure, probably even more so. Money doesnt buy you pussy back home - character and personality do.

Ireland has a strong sub culture of hippies or crusties as we call em who are happy just getting by and enjoy the simple pleasures. You can surf, fish, hike and cycle all year while slaying pussy and it wont cost ya a thing. Foreign girls from all over go crazy for 'authentic Irish guys'. I did it for quite a while and have some amazing adventures. In fact earning less has probably made me less happy overall but more satisfied (paradoxically I know). Ive never needed anything material to feel complete and its the challenge that drives me up here not the paycheck.

I would imagine this guy is very happy but I also think as a man you have to use your talents to create, build and make something of yourself at the same time. Respect for sticking to his values all the same.

http://wallstreetplayboys.com/frugality-...e-quality/

Wallstreetplayboys have a nice article with the title FRUGALITY IS A FEMININE QUALITY.

It is all fine and well to spend little. You can attract plenty of women just by Game alone and men by themselves certainly will be happy in a wooden hut living in very simple conditions.

But the problem is that most women won't and sooner or later it will impact your life. Unless you are a saint like Francis of Assissi seeking spiritual enlightenment I seriously doubt that 99% can pull it off and be happy. And even St. Francis in the end said that he insulted his brother body too much.

You can even have ONS up to a certain age. But sooner or later you need something - a basic level of lifestyle and financial security. That does not have to be much - a bike, a small apartment / house, stable income or sufficient wealth would suffice for a ONS, fuckbuddy or LTR.

However if you attempt that when having children with a woman or wife, then you will meet with severe limitations in your minimalist lifestyle.

Detachment from material trappings and internal happiness can be attained while living in a palatial estate equally well as in a one-bed-room apartment in a bad part of town. There is no need to seek out the beggar lifestyle to live the spiritual life anymore. Besides - if all you do with your money is to buy expensive toys and go to 5-star-restaurants, then you are an internal beggar. Money is great to immerse yourself in life and live it to the max:

[Image: 6a00e55031d3a388340120a5f610c8970b.jpeg]

If we made our own tables and chairs, we wouldn’t throw them out the moment we changed the interior décor.

This guy's out of touch with how 90% of people (even in the west) live, he has no advice to offer.

Some more crap in there about how he is a vegan...

Not interested, just another self-righteous hippy.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Quote: (12-17-2014 02:28 PM)Surreyman Wrote:  

If we made our own tables and chairs, we wouldn’t throw them out the moment we changed the interior décor.

This guy's out of touch with how 90% of people (even in the west) live, he has no advice to offer.

After reviewing more of what he said:

We began talking about all major issues in the world – environmental destruction, resource wars, factory farms, sweatshop labour – and wondering which of these we would be best devoting our time to. Not that we felt we could make any difference, being two small drops in a highly polluted ocean.

None of the crap should be happening. Environments do not need to be destroyed - we've had technologies ranging back to the 1930s-40s which could have created practically free energy. The resource wars have been happening on behest of the plutocracy and not via a veritable lack of resources. Factory farms are not more productive, they just produce it very cheap as the government picks up the tab of cleaning the real crap and toxins created by the corporations - also the government pays for the people having numerous strange illnesses. Real organic food could be done only marginally more expensive, if corporations did that, but then medical companies would not make the money as people would be healthier and food production would have to be more owned by small and medium businesses. Sweatshop labor is a no-brainer - pay 5$ more and produce it in the West.

Very few people actually want to cause suffering to others; most just don’t have any idea that they directly are. The tool that has enabled this separation is money, especially in its globalised format.

Take this for an example: if we grew our own food, we wouldn’t waste a third of it as we do today.

If we had to clean our own drinking water, we probably wouldn’t shit in it.

What the bugger proposes is a return to the middle ages or even to the stone age. Money could be plentiful when done via social credit interest free money creation with demurrage as proposed by many money reformers going back over 100 years ago. Some countries even experimented with it achieving great prosperity, but that is just counter-productive to the profits and powers of the plutocracy which is banking owned. You get Kennedied off fast - the last guy who let 100 mio. $ be printed by the US government and not the Federal Reserve.

Of course he survived also via technology and the high living standard we have right now.

He is just a moronic SJW who thinks that going back to the stone age individually will make things better.

NO - we have the technology to have a sustainable environmentally friendly life for 7 billion people. The problem is that our ruling plutocracy has decided on a power grab program and rather prefers for 90% on earth to live in austerity in order to retain and increase their power.

Stepping back from the matrix and living like a Neanderthal won't change jack shit.

Quote: (12-17-2014 01:34 PM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

http://wallstreetplayboys.com/frugality-...e-quality/

Wallstreetplayboys have a nice article with the title FRUGALITY IS A FEMININE QUALITY.

It is all fine and well to spend little. You can attract plenty of women just by Game alone and men by themselves certainly will be happy in a wooden hut living in very simple conditions.

But the problem is that most women won't and sooner or later it will impact your life. Unless you are a saint like Francis of Assissi seeking spiritual enlightenment I seriously doubt that 99% can pull it off and be happy. And even St. Francis in the end said that he insulted his brother body too much.

You can even have ONS up to a certain age. But sooner or later you need something - a basic level of lifestyle and financial security. That does not have to be much - a bike, a small apartment / house, stable income or sufficient wealth would suffice for a ONS, fuckbuddy or LTR.

However if you attempt that when having children with a woman or wife, then you will meet with severe limitations in your minimalist lifestyle.

Detachment from material trappings and internal happiness can be attained while living in a palatial estate equally well as in a one-bed-room apartment in a bad part of town. There is no need to seek out the beggar lifestyle to live the spiritual life anymore. Besides - if all you do with your money is to buy expensive toys and go to 5-star-restaurants, then you are an internal beggar. Money is great to immerse yourself in life and live it to the max:

[Image: 6a00e55031d3a388340120a5f610c8970b.jpeg]

You make some good points and I agree with most of them but the article you linked was just plain retarded.

Quote: (12-17-2014 05:42 PM)Ricky Rose Wrote:  

You make some good points and I agree with most of them but the article you linked was just plain retarded.

The Wallstreetplayboys have some extreme viewpoints and I don't agree with most of them, but when your goals are either a good career in the corporate world, opening some business or highly paid freelance work etc. - then they are your guys. The article itself shows a certain mindset.

To be honest - I have met very successful wealthy people who said that you gotta spend a lot to motivate yourself to earn a lot and then there were others who did not spend jack-shit. So they are entitled to their viewpoints certainly [Image: smile.gif]

But it fits that kind of extreme SJW-eco-frugality that this guy proposes, which in reality does not make much sense for the reasons he listed.

Quote: (12-17-2014 01:13 PM)Atlantic Wrote:  

I think its in an Irish persons blood to be torn between passion and a profit.

and Guinness...dont forget the Guinness

There's a saying, "Wherever you go you take yourself with you".

Glad to hear the guy is enjoying the other side of the fence. Let's check back in a few years from now and see how things are.

Well at least he has the balls to do whatever he please and not really give a shit about what society thinks of him. One doesn't have to agree with his lifestyle choice but can respect his courage. Most people are scared shitless with the idea of living life on their own terms.

Quote: (12-17-2014 09:40 PM)Ricky Rose Wrote:  

Well at least he has the balls to do whatever he please and not really give a shit about what society thinks of him.

Does he now? A lot of guys will adopt this fun loving renaissance man of adventure and environmental awareness persona for social approval too. Pumping up your alternate thinking, veganism, and talking up how independent you are is a form of approval seeking too. I've never met a man who is a vegan purely by his own decision. It's always a religious thing or done for social approval.

He's just another proto-hipster taking on a certain lifestyle to showcase his status as a "man of adventure" to a peer group. His whole SJW spiel makes him sound like he's running for office or something. He's about as real as a pair of $5 "leather" shoes in mumbai.

Screw this shit. This is straight up SWPL mindset. Only people who have the opportunity to have significant wealth and/or who had significant wealth would do status posturing like this. It's to show other white people how much superior he is morally and ethically. I know some people in India living on the street who ain't got shit would trade their lives in a microsecond to have the job and life he left behind. They would literally fail to understand why he made this choice, and I wager a vast majority of the world would feel the same.

Also, this mo money mo problems idea is also BS. The people who have problems are folks who are not accustomed to money, grow up in the hood/ghetto (regardless of race, but usually black), and then have no idea how to manage their money. It's largely a class issue. If someone dumped money on me, you best believe I would have less problems, not more.

Also, I like driving a nice car, traveling the world, eating nice food, banging nice girls, staying in prime logistics areas, and generally enjoying life. And I am happy because I can do all those things. Fuck siting in front of a fire like some hobo.

Whatever makes him happy, man. Different strokes for different folks. He sounds like a chill enough guy. Hardly seems like the type to try and ram ideologies down your throat. Ultimate MGTOW. I would never choose that lifestyle, but more power to him.

Founding Member of TEAM DOUBLE WRAPPED CONDOMS

Quote: (12-17-2014 12:58 PM)IvanDrago Wrote:  

2/10 WNB

This is a male sheep a Ram, Im guessing the lonely country boys go for the Ewe s, female sheep.... Can any New Zealanders on here confirm this?

Who?

This guy watched a video about Gandhi and basically threw everything he worked for away to live penniless. The problem with that is that he modeled a major part of his life after someone who would not care for himself. That task Mr. Gandhi left for others to deal with. That is pacifism, you don't fight so someone will have to do the fighting for you(like a woman). The problem with that is that when no one will care for you then what? If he's penniless and catches some illness, or doesn't have food, whatever it is and he dies then he will die as a fool who ditched a 6 figure job.

Quote: (12-18-2014 12:41 AM)Switch Wrote:  

Whatever makes him happy, man. Different strokes for different folks. He sounds like a chill enough guy. Hardly seems like the type to try and ram ideologies down your throat. Ultimate MGTOW. I would never choose that lifestyle, but more power to him.

Couldn't have said it any better.

2/10 WNB

I've done worse at three in the morning.

Luckily, in Ireland they only natural predators humans have there is the drink. As long as he is penniless, he should be fine in the wild.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Quote: (12-18-2014 03:13 PM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

2/10 WNB

I've done worse at three in the morning.

Yes, but were they as horny as ewe would like?

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm