rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Politico on "Moral Panic"

Politico on "Moral Panic"

Just another dagger in the hearts of SJW's. I haven't read Politico forever, so I'm not sure where their allegiances lie, but this article lacks the usual mea culpas that come along with the damning sin of speaking logically. Miss Peg Tyre definitely has my respect for this.

"Moral panics all follow a similar trend: There are controversies that speak to an emerging social tension—in this case, the changing set of expectations around connection and relationships between affluent young men and women. The media operates as an agent of moral indignation. Politicians thunder. Good data about the problem is slippery or non-existent—and never mind that. Our fear becomes the reason why we should be even more afraid. And so we grow more afraid. We blindly demonize a particular group—literature on moral panics refers to them as “folk devils”—whose capacity for harming the innocent seems limitless. Sometimes, laws are enacted. Sometimes, jail sentences are meted out. Most always, in the moment, it feels so right. And then comes the slow reckoning."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2...z3M9BRZL7P