rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Exercise and libido

Exercise and libido

Over the past few years I've been pretty active physically, but it wasn't until a couple weeks ago when I actually began lifting weights. The first week was brutal since I wasn't used to working my body in that way, and I was exhausted.....But I was also horny all the fucking time. I'm talking popping boners like a kid going through puberty, and two days in a row I just had to stop what I was doing and masturbate, 3 times each day, and I didn't feel drained. That weekend I went out with my girl, and when we got back to her place I had one of the most rock-hard erections I've ever had and we had the best sex we've ever had in 1+ year of dating.

The only problem is that rush of libido only happened that one week. The following week I found that working out was getting me excessively tired and I had almost no sex drive. I saw my girl again the following weekend and the sex was lackluster. I just didn't have it in me. This is my third week lifting, and once again I'm feeling the same lack of libido.

Any tips on what might be going on or how to get that fire burning inside my loins again?

Exercise and libido

Maybe you just overdid it in your lifts...and was operating on pure adrenaline

How's your diet?

Cut the masturbation out

Balance out your workouts with some cardio to improve your stamina (running, sprints, jump rope work etc)

*Sidenote - this belong in Weightlifting/Fitness section but mods may move it for you.

MDP

Exercise and libido

Quote: (12-16-2014 09:44 PM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  

Maybe you just overdid it in your lifts...and was operating on pure adrenaline

How's your diet?

Cut the masturbation out

Balance out your workouts with some cardio to improve your stamina (running, sprints, jump rope work etc)

*Sidenote - this belong in Weightlifting/Fitness section but mods may move it for you.

Do you mean overdoing the lifts in the first week when I was really horny? I played it safe that week, only lifting enough to feel some resistance - I was still learning my limits and didn't want to hurt myself or go crazy too early. Since then I've been lifting a lot more weight.

And yeah, I try and run for 30-40 minutes every time I'm at the gym.

Exercise and libido

Hard to say just off that

Did you take it light week 2?
How's your sleeping habits?
Diet?

It happened to me before, went back to weights after an injury. Felt great boundless energy and then fall flat the very next week

There is a certain adjustment period your body makes, but you eventually bounce back to your old (horny) self

MDP

Exercise and libido

Quote: (12-16-2014 10:07 PM)MY DETROIT PLAYAS Wrote:  

Hard to say just off that

Did you take it light week 2?
How's your sleeping habits?
Diet?

It happened to me before, went back to weights after an injury. Felt great boundless energy and then fall flat the very next week

There is a certain adjustment period your body makes, but you eventually bounce back to your old (horny) self

Yeah, I'm thinking I might be in that "new exercise" slump. I've been running for years now and I've found that any time I'd try out a new routine that my body wasn't used to it'd kick my ass and I'd have no energy, no matter how much sleep I got.

As far as sleep I've been getting a decent amount. One thing is I've been waking up much earlier than usual to go to the gym in the morning and my sleep schedule is all out of whack. I know that sleep issues can effect your libido so that could also be a major factor. As for diet I've been trying to get more protein and cut out carbs and junk food. I also drink a ton of water throughout the day.

Exercise and libido

So I went back to the gym today and took it a little bit easier. I'm all about being more time efficient, so using heavier weights and lower reps, but I might be overdoing it. It's tough because many times you don't feel the immediate effects of an exercise until later, so you overcompensate now to get that feeling and then just feel like shit later once it REALLY hits you.

As far as libido it's sort of getting back in there. I'm seeing my girl on Saturday so I'm gonna hold off on fapping for the rest of the week. Tomorrow's leg day and I'll also take that a bit easier and see if easier recovery = More libido.