rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Facebook suggesting Whatsapp contacts

Maybe this is not a recent thing but recently I have noticed that Facebook is now suggesting that I be friends with girls that I've messaged with on Whatsapp. No other connection, no google search for their names or numbers, nothing. I just have their number in my phone and messaged them only on Whatsapp and now Facebook is taking this data and using it to suggest that we become friends.

No real surprise I guess since Fuckerberg now owns Whatsapp, but this just seems over the line.

I also noticed an ad on my newsfeed from something that I googled earlier (and when I was not logged into FB nor gmail...).

I know many people are begrudgingly holding on to their FB accounts for various reasons, me included, but at what point is enough enough?

EDIT: probably more lifestyle related than game.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

I thought something similar the other day.

I hadn't twigged it was whatsapp...I just thought "how the fuck does Facebook know I know this person"??

Now I know!

I noticed that today, also I get suggestions for people that Ive never met or have any mutual connections with. Does anybody know if this is people that randomly view your profile a few times or just plain FB suggesting random people?

This has been going on for at least 6 months. It's terrible, I've gotten my fb discovered by girls that I gave a fake name to.
Also, you can find a girl's facebook if you have their number and it's connected to their fb account, just go to find friends - contacts...great for checking out more pictures of online prospects

I think it has to do with the app permissions, the app requires the permission to dig through your contacts I believe.

Why?

Because it's suggesting me girls who I don't even have on Whatsapp.

Two weeks ago I tried searching for this girl, to see if her pics were accurate. No results despite knowing all her info. 2 days later a "recommended friends" thing comes up and she's there with about 3 other bitches whose phone # I added a couple of days before from Match. So FB digs through your phone contacts, see which ones also have FB (via their number or app connected to their phone) and suggest them to you.

I like it, makes it easier for me to vet potential candidates.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

I don't use the FB app, which might explain why this isn't happening to me.

My hypothesis is correct:

[Image: MeDrZwDl.png1]

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

You will notice adverts on your facebook pages based of discussions on your whatsapp i.e. discussing leather belts with a whatsapp contact will lead to adverts about leather belts on your whatsapp.

I haven't encountered the friend suggestions yet.

Step 1) Install facebook purity plugin for your browser.
Step 2) ???
Step 3) Profit = No more shit on your facebook.

I also have a different FB app for my android. It's a non official, and it won't eat all your memory resources, and won't "spy" on your shit. All in all, it's just 200kb compared to the 200mb from the official (not counting the messaging app).
Here it is: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/...r-t2864561

Yes I've seen this for a few months and had a few friend requests, which I accepted. I'm just not fucking arsed about it haha

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Just don't let your girl see your phone.

I've noticed this as well.

My Facebook is locked down. No profile pic, no last name, but I still don't like it.

Hey Wrecking Ball thank you for that Android Facebook app! The stock app for sure kills your battery very fast. I Disabled it and downloaded that other one! I tried to delete it but can't.

What is Facebook Purity??

Im trying to find a way around this.
I have a second facebook that I use under a fake name, I give that facebook to bitches.

I don't even have a phone number associated with my real facebook account.
But a chick I number closed on OKC sent me a friend request. .
She claims I popped up in her recommended friends list.

I have used facebook forever to punch in a chicks number and see if her profile comes up.
But...I assume they cant do the same to mine.

*I did a reverse image search and one of my pictures on OKC is used elsewhere with my real name. I hope she was just a weird stalker and sent my real facebook a request...
Even though she never had my real name.

But..i hope the facebook app isnt populating facebook even if your number isnt connected

I am the cock carousel

How do you search for someone by there phone number??

where you normally type someones name in on facebook...type their number.
If their number is connected to their account.. their profile will come up.

As soon as I get a girls number online,I do this to try to see what her pictures look

If you use the facebook messenger app. Your phone syncs the numbers and their profile will come up as a contact in the app, even if you arent friends

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (12-12-2014 10:34 AM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

Hey Wrecking Ball thank you for that Android Facebook app! The stock app for sure kills your battery very fast. I Disabled it and downloaded that other one! I tried to delete it but can't.

What is Facebook Purity??

Facebook purity is a plugin you can install in your browser. It removes ads and other things you don't really like on facebook like fb game posts, trending and sponsored stories, plus a whole lot more. It basically "cleans" your facebook.
http://www.fbpurity.com/

Quote: (12-12-2014 10:45 AM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

How do you search for someone by there phone number??

you can also do e-mail search

Quote: (12-12-2014 08:00 AM)Nemausus Wrote:  

My Facebook is locked down. No profile pic, no last name, but I still don't like it.

I have fake name, a blurred pic but I think I'm going to just put someone else's pic there haha

They are completely psychopathic about prying into your life and the younger generation has never known anything else and just expects it.

In 3-5 years no one under 40 will even question it. It will be blame the victim, "Of COURSE they do that."

Wrecking Ball is that necessary if I am using Ad Block Plus and Https Everywhere on Chrome??

Quote: (12-16-2014 10:17 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Quote: (12-12-2014 08:00 AM)Nemausus Wrote:  

I have fake name, a blurred pic but I think I'm going to just put someone else's pic there haha

They are completely psychopathic about prying into your life and the younger generation has never known anything else and just expects it.

In 3-5 years no one under 40 will even question it. It will be blame the victim, "Of COURSE they do that."

Depends, they're offering a service for free and need to make money somehow. Nonetheless this is not about making money.

FB's mission is "to connect everyone", so it will do whatever it can to connect people together and then generate revenue from there. I see this as good since that way I can find long lost people and sneaky bitches who I can vet and see if they're the real deal.

As the saying goes: if it's free, you're the product.

Quote: (12-11-2014 08:29 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

No real surprise I guess since Fuckerberg now owns Whatsapp, but this just seems over the line.

How is this over the line? Facebook owns Whatsapp so they can do what they want with it. Stop using Facebook and Whatsapp if it's an issue. Facebook can run it's business however it wants to.

^Nice try Zuckerberg.

This isn't just Facebook and Whatsapp. The same thing happens with LinkedIn suggesting contacts who I have no connection with besides Skype. Other social apps have done this also.

It's not like consumers have much of a choice here with these social network monopolies. If they gave me an option to pay for the product and never have to worry about my info being mined, I would gladly do it.

Guys this is an easy one.

Multiple whatsapp profiles (or just don't use your actual number). I have several whatsapp numbers I use at once (google it), and never will have this problem. The one with my real number is reserved for friends, and since men and women cannot be friends....