rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Crimes when talking about game

I think these are the biggest crimes people commit when talking about game.

1) The guy doesn't include anything about his location. So much of game is location specific. Many adjustments are needed based on the girl's background.

2) The guy ignores how his background compares to the girl's. When I go to a poor country that loves Americans it is easy mode. When I pick off a tourist in my city it is easy mode. Likewise when a British guy is in America it is easy mode. When British guys pick off Eastern European immigrants in London it is easy mode. Easy mode isn't easy without some game and a red-pill perspective, it's a lot of fun, and it teaches you a lot about the world, BUT it's a crime when guys extrapolate from easy mode and pronounce it "game".

That has been bugging me for awhile. What do you guys think?

Not giving specific details on the events that led up to the bang. I.e everything that was done to get the lay, how she resisted, what you did to break through said resistance. Not something ambigious like "two steps forward one step back"

Not reporting in the context or quality of the girl or inflating quality.

Omitting how much of the game may have been girlie's just damn actually liking the guy, and wanting the D herself from the git-go.

In other words, maybe he really did do everything he described, but none of it was necessary in that particular situation, so any lesson is questionable.

I generally feel like the majority of game reports on here are abridged and/or embellished too much and make them sound smooth as fuck and basically child's play. I'm guilty of this myself. Fact of the matter is very few(none?) of us here are Casanova or James Bond. We aren't as suave and cool as we want to come across. Not saying some folks here don't crush a lot, as the 2014 notch thread is an indication that a lot of folks are doing pretty well at tagging strange on the reg. I just think a lot of game talk here isn't as transparent as it should be.

I like to use Roosh as an example when it comes to transparency. He is not perfect and doesn't claim to be. He is detail oriented and bears it all when talking about game. He talks about rejection, half-assing it sometimes and doing poor because of it, approach anxiety, etc.

How about instead of playing armchair critic, lead by example.

Those who want to give other guys a lesson on how to write better reports, maybe you should post more detailed stories yourself first, before complaining about the quality of (free) content created here?

Quote: (12-11-2014 12:15 PM)bigbait Wrote:  

1) The guy doesn't include anything about his location. So much of game is location specific. Many adjustments are needed based on the girl's background.

2) The guy ignores how his background compares to the girl's. When I go to a poor country that loves Americans it is easy mode. When I pick off a tourist in my city it is easy mode. Likewise when a British guy is in America it is easy mode. When British guys pick off Eastern European immigrants in London it is easy mode. Easy mode isn't easy without some game and a red-pill perspective, it's a lot of fun, and it teaches you a lot about the world, BUT it's a crime when guys extrapolate from easy mode and pronounce it "game".

Does this happen a lot? To me it seems like every other thread is something along the lines of "black guys kill it here" or "this country loves Americans" or "you Brits need to come to America and you'll be swimming in pussy." It seems like people are quick to point out their own advantages when it comes to their race/nationality gaming in a certain place.

RVF is a social network. Yes, a social network of men, but a social network nonetheless.

Social norms involve saving face by individuals to some extent, like it or not. So yeah, you don't get all my good stuff and all my bad stuff, but a mixture. The result is an incomplete, usually better, sometimes worse, picture of me.

This is why Roosh's books are so refreshing. It's obvious he does basically zero embellishing in his story telling. It actually seems he's a bit too self-effacing, almost self-deprecating, when in reality it's just raw and true, and most of our stories would read the same without a thin veneer of embellishment.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Wouldn't call these crimes really. To write down every little thing that happened before, during, and after a bang would be incredibly tiresome. Memory is fallible. And time is precious.

Although and easy thing to do would be to have more details about the man...height/fitness/fashion/looks. These things can make a big difference.

Still, I always take every report with a grain of salt unless I have actually had personal experience with the guy in question.

For guys starting out it is more important to try and fail, then ask for help, rather than try to elucidate what they think the factors of guy X's success.

I have been thinking lately that each of us occupies a certain niche, like animals a bit. The hawk does one thing, and the bear does something else. Each has a role to play. Of course our niches are not as immutable as an animal, but if you can figure out your basic niche and optimize it, I think you can have more success. Alternatively, if you want to move to another niche (say intellectual to party guy), then it be hooves you to model yourself after some apex guy in that niche. Ideally you can actually hang out with this person.

Quote: (12-12-2014 04:06 PM)tallandblonde Wrote:  

Does this happen a lot? To me it seems like every other thread is something along the lines of "black guys kill it here" or "this country loves Americans" or "you Brits need to come to America and you'll be swimming in pussy." It seems like people are quick to point out their own advantages when it comes to their race/nationality gaming in a certain place.

I think it happens. Since Tom Torero is the news today I will pick some of his videos that were talked about on the forum before. He has videos of picking up girls in NY and picking up EE immigrants in LN. That obviously takes some game, but it's easy mode. An American guy in NY or a British guy in LN who wants British girls instead of immigrants will not benefit much. Likewise if I posted videos of me picking up girls in south east asia it's nearly useless to someone who is not a foreigner in SEA.

I would not be so carefree to throw out the term easy mode. Tom T does not get laid just because he has a British accent. I'm certain there are plenty of guys with British accents who can come to NYC and get nothing.

Tom T makes it look easy, because he has a lot of experience. That does not mean that a similar guy would have it anywhere near the same success. If someone makes something look easy, it's almost always a sure sign that it's not easy.

Quote: (12-12-2014 04:45 PM)Menace Wrote:  

I would not be so carefree to throw out the term easy mode. Tom T does not get laid just because he has a British accent. I'm certain there are plenty of guys with British accents who can come to NYC and get nothing.

Tom T makes it look easy, because he has a lot of experience. That does not mean that a similar guy would have it anywhere near the same success. If someone makes something look easy, it's almost always a sure sign that it's not easy.

Easy mode doesn't mean you don't have or need game, it just means it's a lot easier because of the attraction the girls have to you based on the fact that you're from a foreign country that is high value to them.

Likewise when a girl from another country is alone on vacation in your city it's easy mode.

Obviously game and logistics still helps a lot in both case.

I remember this guy wrote some game principles here. He was a white guy in south east asia country.

I agreed with what he said but when I noticed that fact, I stopped reading.

It's like a lot of people can talk like Donald Trump but people listen to him because of his achievements.
How about his daughter talks about how to build a start up? how many people would listen?

When British guys pick off Eastern European immigrants in London it is easy mode.

Half true. Average looking East European girls (5-6) in London are pretty easy. The hot ones (8+) fall into two categories: those that came over with their boyfriends and stay super loyal while he tries to upgrade from blue collar to desk job.

The second type is the ultra entitled big money ho who expects sponsorship from and probably to marry a millionaire. The game required to get these girls involves delayed delivery on your part; present a big money lifestyle but don't give her anything till she gives it up.

Not including if one is good-looking, the girl is above a 7, which type of venue they met (Party, Sophisticated social function), and game (Asshole, Caveman, etc) used besides detail of events (Cockblocks, Shit-tests and the such) that led to isolation and bang.

Quote: (12-11-2014 09:36 PM)Dantes Wrote:  

Not reporting in the context or quality of the girl or inflating quality.

I suspect this happens more often than board members realise. I would say that most of the reported 8s on this forum are more like 6s with some eye liner and strong eye contact.

You still need game to get laid abroad. It may be marginally easier, but if you don't have the skills, it doesn't matter.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

I got a laundry list, but probably violate most of them myself.

Guys are wedded to their pet theories and world views and rarely seem to take into account contradictory evidence. It's human, but if you're trying to convey something to a reader, you'd think they would take a step back.

I think the biggest "crime" is not reporting on the quality of the girls or a lack of objectivity when reporting the quality.

I lurked on RVF for years without really getting into game or doing any meetups. I always wondered how all of these guys were hooking up with "hot" girls all the time. Now that I've met up with quite a few forum members, I see that the quality is pretty low in many cases (or maybe my standards are high).

I think most of the guys I have met up with are hooking up with girls in the 5-6 range, with an occasional 7, and very rarely an 8... I've now learned that I have to take all data sheets with a grain of salt, because in many cases they say it's easy, but it's because they're aiming so low.

I'm not saying there's anything necessarily wrong with this, other than the fact that it makes some of the counts inflated vs what I would get in those locations because I aim a bit higher.

So give us your numerical rating of each girl you've banged in the last two years for comparison purposes.

[Image: spongebob.gif]

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

@MrXY
Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on anyone. A guy should fuck whatever girls give him a boner.

I'm not the only guy that mentioned quality in this thread and everyone will rate girls differently. I'm probably a bit different than some guys as I'll pass on bangs if I don't think the girl is a 7. Maybe my sex drive is lower than some guys or maybe my standards are skewed.

My point was that banging multiple fatties and writing a datasheet about all the notches you can get in X place is a little misleading. Like I said, it's not that there's necessarily anything wrong with it, but it's something that should be kept in mind when reading datasheets.

Dumpster-diving below 5 when your game's strong is a no-no. You might cry post-nut.

Quote: (01-16-2015 12:19 PM)newgame Wrote:  

I think the biggest "crime" is not reporting on the quality of the girls or a lack of objectivity when reporting the quality.

I lurked on RVF for years without really getting into game or doing any meetups. I always wondered how all of these guys were hooking up with "hot" girls all the time. Now that I've met up with quite a few forum members, I see that the quality is pretty low in many cases (or maybe my standards are high).

I think most of the guys I have met up with are hooking up with girls in the 5-6 range, with an occasional 7, and very rarely an 8... I've now learned that I have to take all data sheets with a grain of salt, because in many cases they say it's easy, but it's because they're aiming so low.

I'm not saying there's anything necessarily wrong with this, other than the fact that it makes some of the counts inflated vs what I would get in those locations because I aim a bit higher.

It's essentially a trade off...the higher up the scale you go, the more difficult it becomes to
hookup with 8 and 9's due to a variety of factors. However the logistics are the same for a 5,6,7,8 or 9.

I think the biggest crime though is setting your sights too low consistently and never improving your situation to get better girls.

Quote: (01-16-2015 12:19 PM)newgame Wrote:  

Biggest reason why I am such a staunch supporter of the ranking system. It's not cool when a guy spouts off about this hot chick and you see the picture she is a 6.3.

You can be wasting a ton of guys' time by not divulging this upfront.

Another big one is how good looking is the guy in question. A 8 guy in looks bagging 8's must be looked at with much much more scrutiny. It almost isn't even the same game. The city or place guy is in and where the girl is from is also huge...

Game is not completely universal and it is extremely contextual.

I am really hoping to up my standards this year to 7+ only. Once I feel confident enough I will start a thread devoted to banging 7+'s with conversations and photos of girls that look like the girl I banged ala Krauser so people can't argue what a 7+ is they see it.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Ignoring that different approaches are required for different types of girls. Granted there are a few core tenets of game every girl responds to: confidence, humor, leadership, not being needy. But there are plenty of things totally contingent on who you're dealing with.

For example, a common piece of text advice game is to be terse and let punctuation/capitalization slide, as though you wrote the message in a hurry. This may be fantastic for the average slut, but it's suicide for the Columbia grad.

Another common piece of advice is to go for the bang on the first date, or second at the latest. This will not work on a girl from a well-to-do family who still lives with her parents.

To give decent game advice, the adviser really needs to ask for a brief description of the girl in question.