rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

At what age did you feel old/ a certain urgency to succeed ?

I turned 24 in October and have since been feeling this intense urgency to succeed, find ultimate purpose and leave a legacy. I also all of a sudden do not feel young anymore. Is this normal ? If it is, at what age did any of you start feeling this way ?

Thanks

24. I turned 25 last month.

When I turned 24 I felt like I had done nothing with my life. Had a university degree and had done everything I was "supposed" to do, but had nothing to show for it.

Right now I feel like my time to make something of myself is running out. Like a certain sense of urgency. I don't know how to describe it.

So I moved up here to ND to try and make it happen.

After discovering game and "red-pill" ideas I realized that my perspective on life was very Disney-narrow minded. Things won't just happen - you have to make them happen.

It was then that I realized I didn't have all the time in the world to wait for Mrs. Right, successful job, and great friends to magically appear.

I'm around your age.

26. 27 at the moment.

Before, I was mostly focus on spending all my money on trying to fuck club sluts in Montreal.

24 is young.

But I know what you mean. I didn't feel young at 24. I didn't feel young when I was 12. Are you an eldest child? I think it tends to be an eldest child trait.

When I was turning 30, I had a weird feeling I was going to die. Obviously that's very daft and irrational, but it's how I felt.

I rented a luxury suite in Florida that was bigger than the flat I lived in at the time, went out to a restaurant called Roy's, came back to the suite and shagged my wife senseless before getting uproriously drunk on the finest Scotch whisky. Then I woke up the next morning, alive and hung over like a bastard and 30. I looked at my bleary eyed reflection in the mirror and thought "this isn't so bad".

Anyway, you're never too young or too old to find a purpose or leave a legacy, but what is it you want? Money, respect, top quality pussy, a family?

The trick is in identifying what you want, so you can go after it. Most people just drift through life. Life is something that happens to them.

Don't be one of those people. Knowing what you want gives you a leg up over 90% of other people out there.

Somewhere around the time I turned 30. I realized there were a finite number of long term projects I could take on in my life. If something looks like it's going to take 5 or 6 years to get going I better start it now.

Quote: (12-10-2014 06:27 PM)2Jacked4U Wrote:  

I turned 24 in October and have since been feeling this intense urgency to succeed, find ultimate purpose and leave a legacy. I also all of a sudden do not feel young anymore. Is this normal ? If it is, at what age did any of you start feeling this way ?

Thanks

Trust me ....you are damn young. If I could go back to 24 knowing all this red pill game stuff and having access to all this knowledge....I would KILL it. There was NOTHING like this when I was in my 20s and most of my 30s.

While it's great to have a sense of urgency, a killer instinct and to strike while the iron is hot....I'd say there's no hurry to have some legacy in terms of children.

Set goals, read books like "the 7 habits of highly effective people' and every other top self help literature you can consume. Apply it. Study game. Apply it.

Just work toward your career goals, focus on that, game women, date as many as possible. Then....maybe say 33ish - 35ish...when you're reaching peak SMV....if you want a family legacy....start looking for the optimum girl to settle down. Don't feel rushed. You've got time at that age you're at now. I still feel I have time at my age. I have already been married once.

But, now since I've accumulated some wealth, I can travel and bang chicks abroad. it's a good thing to be an older in shape guy with means. The options are almost limitless when in your early/mid 20s I think.

I actually remember being 24, a year out of college and thinking the same thing. "I'm getting old" " my opportunities are dwindling" "My time is running out" Horse shit.

It's all about perspective....you've only lived 24 years. If you were my age...and could see it from the perspective of a near middle aged guy....you'd realize thinking that you're getting old at 24 is just wrong headed/ incorrect.

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

delete

- One planet orbiting a star. Billions of stars in the galaxy. Billions of galaxies in the universe. Approach.

#BallsWin

If there is one piece of advice I could give my 24-year-old self it would be this:

Don't pass up on chances to shag attractive girls.

No man ever reached his death bed regretting having had too much sex.

Well, not unless he died of syphilis. But you know what I mean.

Sure, you can still have sex with hot younger women when you're older. But your opportunities to do so will decrease and you'll have to work harder to get them.

Another piece of advice would be: don't get married in your 20's. [Image: banana.gif]

24 when I was started a band with my friend.

29 now I am really feeling it more than ever going on 30. Physically I can see and feel, couple grey hairs, mild hair thinning, face looks and feels older I can literally feel the skin on my cheeks start to sag a little haha.

To combat this I have cancelled out alot of night game and unhealthy habits to have more time for success and bang higher quality chicks.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

In terms of my career, I hit the ground running out of high school and was urgent to succeed in school in order to get into a doctorate program. Now, I have my doctorate and six figure salary but just having money did not leave me feeling satisfied. I was very empty on the inside. I would say earlier this year, a new urgency arose to become a better man (in shape, better with women, travel, read, etc.). I am 28 now and turning 29 in 3 weeks.

When you view wealth as an ends to a means, you will feel empty once you get it. Instead, you should view wealth as a means to an end. I am grateful for my success but I dont feel that I, as a man, am defined by my career. Instead, I use my wealth to enrich my life in other ways.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Quote: (12-10-2014 07:02 PM)SteveMcMahon Wrote:  

If there is one piece of advice I could give my 24-year-old self it would be this:

Don't pass up on chances to shag attractive girls.

No man ever reached his death bed regretting having had too much sex.

Well, not unless he died of syphilis. But you know what I mean.

Sure, you can still have sex with hot younger women when you're older. But your opportunities to do so will decrease and you'll have to work harder to get them.

Another piece of advice would be: don't get married in your 20's. [Image: banana.gif]

Sure thing, man, at least not before 35s or such [Image: smile.gif]

Really?

Every older player I've met has been doing well with young girls and has told me their experiences have only gotten better as they age, as in young girls are more into them and their quality has also increased.

I'd agree that opportunities will decrease (no matter how skilled a player is at 40 he will not have the opportunities that a 20 year old at college will), but that difficulty will increase not exactly. Well to a certain point right, that's why we take care of ourselves so that if we choose to we can still be killing it into the 40's and 50's.

In short, the older player will approach less hot young girls, but pull more.

I felt it when I turned 18. I'm just turned 20 two months ago.

Ironically, the blue pill made me work with a sense of urgency. I wasn't having sex as mush as I wanted, so I needed to compensate with a muscular build and money. I was already 220 lb. but 17% bf at age 19, and did online work for graphic design/accounting firms. I was in zero debt and had maybe $3000 savings the end of freshman year in college. Similar to how you can win a fight with brute force, but it would be better to be trained, I thought sheer money, looks and success would open the poosy floodgates. But I was still working for social validation and clout, not for myself. The red pill didn't give me the what or how, but the why. I have nothing but deep appreciation for Roosh, Roissy, G Man and Krauser for making me. Thank you to the red pill for giving me the mentality, and I've had many women tell me that they are mystified by my "no bullshit, extract , get out" attitude. My business mentor actually said the first 2 months he thought I was at least 25 years old.

I feel like that right now, I'm about to turn 24 but I've done a lot in my short time here, but most of what I've done feels like a giant waste of time. Some people like to tell me "hey at least you came out of it with some experience" I however hate those lines, I feel like time is too precious to waste

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

12. The day I dropped my balls.

Blair Naso publishes on ROK every Thirsty Thursday. Send him mail, read his articles, and buy his literary anthology.

I'm in my 30's and have no sense of urgency. I figured that you can achieve almost anything with enough money.

Want a college diploma, drop some money.

Want a hot chick, you have money, they will come.

You want to go into space you can drop something like $20mil and Russia will send you into space.

Thanks

Welcome to the quarter life crisis.

20. Turned 21 a few months ago

At 23 for a brief week or two, then at 26 for maybe a month, and not again until 30. Now I just feel it, but it's better to realize you aren't satisfed with your current situation earlier rather than later. I know what I'm disatisfied about and I'm working hard to meet my goals. I cut out drinking and going out from 4 days a week to once a month. I made healthier changes and while I still feel it, I'm glad that I'm not wasting time on things that ultimately have little value. Everthing is done deliberately now and appreciated on a whole new level. I realize that neither luck nor someone else is going to do this for me. I also know that the nagging feeling of getting old is my mind telling me that I'm not using my gifts but instead following a journey that's not my own. It's telling me to change lanes.

Old man look at my life,
Twenty four and there's so much more
Live alone in a paradise
That makes me think of two.

Neil Young(1970)

Thanks

I would say I felt that way at about age 23 or 24. I think it's pretty normal. Having said that, now I'm almost 37, and I realize that when I was 24 I was really young and in my prime. Now that I'm in my 30's and have increasing health issues and am just generally "battle weary," I really long for the days when I was 24. Like, I didn't know how good I had it! Just to wake up and have trivial concerns about girls or what bands I want to check out.

I will say that 24 to 34 goes by way quicker than young people think. 2002 seems like yesterday to me. My advice is to get things done, but don't stress or get depressed about it. You'll have plenty of real things to worry about when you get older.

24 here, and yeah, it's going to suck going to college next year to complete my degree, I look younger than my age though, so yeah, I guess I have that going for me, it's do well in school, maintain my body, and fuck as many girls as possible until I can't get it up anymore. The way we age, has really changed, or at least that's what one of my brothers friends told me, who is 27, commenting that people in my age bracket look like 19 year olds, I guess something is happening, or just good genes. I don't really worry, because I don't want to have a family, and I could care less what society thinks of me, fucking every college girl in sight (when I do get older, and keep in shape and what not).

Quote: (12-10-2014 08:12 PM)Nascimento Wrote:  

Really?

Every older player I've met has been doing well with young girls and has told me their experiences have only gotten better as they age, as in young girls are more into them and their quality has also increased.

I'd agree that opportunities will decrease (no matter how skilled a player is at 40 he will not have the opportunities that a 20 year old at college will), but that difficulty will increase not exactly. Well to a certain point right, that's why we take care of ourselves so that if we choose to we can still be killing it into the 40's and 50's.

In short, the older player will approach less hot young girls, but pull more.

I don't really agree with this. I'd personally much rather be 18-21 again as there's nothing easier than getting girls of the same age through college and social circle. I'm far better on paper now at 30 than I was at 20, and yet I was banging lots of quality at that age by just going out and having fun, whereas I'm working a lot harder now to keep that going and I'm still relatively young (24+ has become a lot easier though, but they're not the same).

The experience that comes with age really helps with game though, and somewhat makes up for being older I suppose, but all things being equal, I'd say it's a lot easier to get 18 year old pussy when you're still young.

Of course it's possible to be an exception (see Giovonny who I think is nearing 40), but from what I see looking around it's very rare and takes more effort than it does for a good looking and confident 20 year old.