rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Building Muscle No Gym ?

So I'm basically in a very precarious financial position . One that makes even going out on dates / to the gym unfeasible .

Now I use a lot of my own bodyweight for exercising : Push ups , Curls , Planks and I possess a 10 KG weights that I use regularly , I also possess an Ab Toning belt which I wear when I'm working on my abs ( Or when I'm doing a long and tedious activity which still kinda requires some form of focus ( Such as cooking )

I've noticed some results , I'm still skinny but a bit more defined . Is it actually feasible to substantially build muscle using ones own bodyweight ? Or must I wait until my first pay check ?

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Find a playground and start doing pull-ups and box jumps.

Start climbing rope.

Find some big rocks and throw them overhead.

You're not even scratching the surface of things you can do.

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Not to sure on climbing rope and throwing rocks . ( Live in an urban area , not too many large rocks over here )

Playground pull ups sounds good . Thanks

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Body weight exercises can get you plenty ripped - it just takes more discipline and time.

Work your way through some of the tutorials here:
http://www.beastskills.com/

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Right now, I'm alternating between bench pressing, curls, and short running between 4-5x a week. I'm getting athletically skinny-muscular just need some time.

Building Muscle No Gym ?

You can get cut via bodyweight exercises but to build serious muscle you need to start doing some powerlifting exercises (bench press, deadlift, squats). Since you don't have access to a gym it might be hard to come up with a squat rack or even an olympic barbell but rest assured all hope is not lost.

As part of my workouts and to "jolt" my body I frequently skip the gym and do playground training. Recently I have started training with sandbags, they are easy to obtain and you don't need to buy them. Many construction sites have them for the taking and they can easily hold 45 pounds (20 kilos). I fill up with sand at my local playground and train there as well. It is funny the types of looks I see on the kids and their obese fathers. Anyways, one bag is more than enough for intense goblin squatshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeIiIdhvXT4 and overhead lifts.
Since the weight is "unstable" it is way harder to lift than the same weight dumbbell. Also, considering picking up (stealing) some cinder blocks. Here's a total body workout with one:

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Watch a reality TV prison show. Free lessons.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Building Muscle No Gym ?

As Fisto recommended, get to a playground.
Use a horizontal bar for pullups. Get a towel or old shirt & go for towel hangs from the bar. That works the grip very well.
Do Hanging Leg Raises from a horizontal bar to work your entire core. Do bodyweight squats & then progress to pistol squats.

From Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, there are some bodyweight moves like Bear Crawls, Lizard Crawls, Spider man pushups etc..YouTube is your friend here.
Fill a small backpack with books & do a series of pushups & squats with the bag strapped to your back.
Chop wood with a heavy axe. Get on all fours & crawl up & down a series of stairs.

Get into a heated argument with an extremist feminist. Works great for your stamina & self control. Just kidding [Image: banana.gif]

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Absolutely. Do some Convict Conditioning, plus 200 push-ups and 500 body-weight squats everyday. It's the best methods towards toned but not a juiced balloon.

Building Muscle No Gym ?

There is a resource mentioned in one of these links: https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=s...nditioning

I think it is a book called 'Convict Conditioning'.

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Thanks guys for your potent advice , ill definitely be following up on the convict conditioning and the best skills . Some of your ideas about working out with a back-bag and sand bags are intuitive as well .Will be taking them into account .

Building Muscle No Gym ?

This subject has been discussed in many threads. Check it out.

Most effective home workout

You Don't Have to Weigh A Lot To Look Built!

workouts without gym

How to start training Calisthenics

Guide to International Traveling while Getting Swole

Also, besides bodyweight-only exercises, you can make your own kettlebell for cheap.

Either an adjustable weight T-bar:

Or a ball of concrete with pvc handle:
[Image: FW1_XBHJGDT4_CQXG_LARGE.jpg]
http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Kett.../?ALLSTEPS

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Do Freeletics as I recommend here:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-42055-...#pid871760

"I've been doing Freeletics for 60 weeks now and my body is as hard as a rock and I never got injured. When you endure the pain of the first weeks it takes you only 2 hours a week on average to complete the full week of training. (not counting the time to recover and time to stretch before the training). You will only need a pull up bar as an equipment, no need to join the gym."

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Ido Portal.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-38372.html

https://www.youtube.com/user/portaldo/videos

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Barbells or calisthenics, there's no difference, if you do progressive overload, then you will build muscle period.

The problem you run into though with BW training is that it's not optimal for the legs. The legs are very strong and bodyweight squats are just not very challenging. You can max out your upper body with pushups and chinups but to max out your legs you will need to do barbell squats and deadlifts.

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Quote: (11-30-2014 06:42 PM)civpro Wrote:  

Barbells or calisthenics, there's no difference, if you do progressive overload, then you will build muscle period.

The problem you run into though with BW training is that it's not optimal for the legs. The legs are very strong and bodyweight squats are just not very challenging. You can max out your upper body with pushups and chinups but to max out your legs you will need to do barbell squats and deadlifts.

You can do a lot with pistol squats. Also the levers and flags with proper leg alignment require a lot of strength.

Building Muscle No Gym ?

^^ Yes that's true. They're hard as fuck to progress to though, they require crazy flexibility & coordination.

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Everything being said in this thread is gold, but I have to ask: why don't you work on your financial situation right now so that you can date/hit the gym? Sounds like you're focusing on the wrong spots.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Quote: (11-30-2014 07:09 PM)Ensam Wrote:  

Quote: (11-30-2014 06:42 PM)civpro Wrote:  

You can do a lot with pistol squats. Also the levers and flags with proper leg alignment require a lot of strength.

Those look like a ton of fun to try and master. Thanks for posting.

@Fortis

I thought the same thing at first. But to be fair, it's not like you can't do both. It might even be better keep good work ethics ingrained through a tough stretch than to give up on something as vital as fitness.

50 minutes three times a week for a good work-out don't mean you're not doing all you can to make dough.

edit: also handstand pushups. I've been wanting to do these since forever , but somehow never got serious enough to try.

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Having got tired of lifting weights, I am now doing body exercises.

I do a crazy workout which consists of pull-ups and push-ups, sit-ups and air squats. Then a cardio machine to finish the session.

To be honest, I am liking the results and getting less pains in the joints.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Quote: (11-30-2014 08:10 AM)dies irae Wrote:  

Do Freeletics as I recommend here:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-42055-...#pid871760

"I've been doing Freeletics for 60 weeks now and my body is as hard as a rock and I never got injured. When you endure the pain of the first weeks it takes you only 2 hours a week on average to complete the full week of training. (not counting the time to recover and time to stretch before the training). You will only need a pull up bar as an equipment, no need to join the gym."

Impressive! Funny, in the first video I could already tell that wasn't an American's house - there's way too many big books in the background. BTW, if you have access to a lot of big books that may or may not get read, they make excellent stands for elevated push ups.

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Quote: (12-01-2014 06:16 PM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  

Impressive! Funny, in the first video I could already tell that wasn't an American's house - there's way too many big books in the background. BTW, if you have access to a lot of big books that may or may not get read, they make excellent stands for elevated push ups.

A statement like that makes it clear that Canadians are far less ignorant... [Image: dodgy.gif]

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Building Muscle No Gym ?

I'm not entirely sure, and I won't do any research but it seems Freeletics is a German thing - or at least it's very popular here.

I would see a bunch of these guys (and girls!) outside after dark doing their workout-sessions and motivating each other. I was really impressed by some and I can attest that this is no BS. I don't know if progress will come as quickly as the videos promise, but you will eventually get there.

Joining the site costs money, but you can easily create your own schedule with some research. Their philosophy is: "If you didn't feel like dying at any point during the workout you did something wrong." For the rest its just bodyweight exercises + pull up variations.

Building Muscle No Gym ?

Quote: (12-01-2014 04:36 PM)micha Wrote:  

@Fortis

I thought the same thing at first. But to be fair, it's not like you can't do both. It might even be better keep good work ethics ingrained through a tough stretch than to give up on something as vital as fitness.

50 minutes three times a week for a good work-out don't mean you're not doing all you can to make dough.

edit: also handstand pushups. I've been wanting to do these since forever , but somehow never got serious enough to try.

Absolutely, fitness should always be just as important as finances to a man. but when your finances are so low that you have to avoid the gym, then you may have an issue. That said, calisthenics are an excellent way to build a top-tier physique (in my eyes), but it can take longer.

Burpees. Check those out. I imagine you can do burpees and a few other exercises and build a bad ass physique.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Building Muscle No Gym ?

For the legs, just focus on pistols. There are progressions to get you there. And yes it requires coordination and flexibility! Good!

Once you can rep out ten pistols each side, grab a cinder block and get progressive with it.

To be "fit" and "Strong" you really dont need to be able to do much more than a set of ten of pistols on each side. if you're 200 lbs thats like squatting (close to) 400 lbs with both legs.