rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Turkish President Erdoğan says gender equality ‘against nature’

Time for him to become a honorary RVF member I suppose [Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote:Quote:

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan appears set to anger women and rights groups in the country once again after voicing his strong objection to the equality of women and men, instead recommending what he called “equivalency.”

“When we are able to look at human beings from the point of view of justice, then the elimination of discrimination between women and men would be possible in a much more fair, humanly and conscientiously way. What do women need?” Erdoğan said Nov. 24, delivering a speech at an international gathering in Istanbul aimed at discussing women’s rights and freedoms.

“Sometimes, here they say ‘men and women equality.’ ‘Equality among women’ and ‘equality among men’ is the way of putting it correctly. However, what is particularly essential is women’s equality before justice,” Erdoğan said at the Women and Justice Summit hosted by the Women and Democracy Association (KADEM).

“Equality is turning the victim into an oppressor by force or vice versa. What women need is to be able to be equivalent, rather than equal,” the president said.

He also reiterated an argument he voiced in the past, announcing: “You cannot bring women and men into equal positions; that is against nature because their nature is different.”

“For example, in work life, you cannot impose the same conditions on a pregnant woman as a man,” Erdoğan said, using an example to illustrate his argument.

Erdoğan has consistently exhorted women to have at least three children, while also terming abortion “murder” and railing against Caesarian sections.

Source: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkish...sCatID=338

Not sure why he's against C-Sections, but otherwise I like what he said.

I'm just not a big fan of his Islamization, but I get that he is trying to get Turkey to have a greater role in the middle east, now that their chances of joining the EU have diminished. Hell, bring back the Ottoman/Turkish empire. This movement towards nationalism is doing the world no good. Empires, at least, bring a level of stability to regions that these nation-states don't.

Quote: (11-24-2014 10:41 AM)kerouac Wrote:  

I'm just not a big fan of his Islamization, but I get that he is trying to get Turkey to have a greater role in the middle east, now that their chances of joining the EU have diminished. Hell, bring back the Ottoman/Turkish empire. This movement towards nationalism is doing the world no good. Empires, at least, bring a level of stability to regions that these nation-states don't.

I am an atheist
People who say this guy is trying to islamize turkey are out of their mind
He legalized adultery in 2003
Adultery was a punishable offense before!
Nightlife has thrived under his rule, mafia was eliminated out of nightlife completely. The government became the sole authority. Yes he is conservative, very conservative. But he doesn't care if you fuck a different girl everyday.

[Image: 8521874.gif]

He's entirely right.

Quote: (11-24-2014 10:43 AM)CimbomluBkk Wrote:  

I am an atheist
Nightlife has thrived under his rule, mafia was eliminated out of nightlife completely. The government became the sole authority. Yes he is conservative, very conservative. But he doesn't care if you fuck a different girl everyday.

Wasn't there a British dude who was killed for hitting on a girl in Turkey? What do you make of that? Common or uncommon?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (11-24-2014 11:46 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

I am an atheist

Wasn't there a British dude who was killed for hitting on a girl in Turkey? What do you make of that? Common or uncommon?
Very uncommon

2 Tourists got killed in Koh Tao Thailand recently, the girl was raped. Does that make Thailand unsafe?

These cases happen 1 in a million and then gets hyped up by the media.

Empires have created most wars in history. WW1 was entirely a war of Empires. Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman empire ceased to exist. WW2 ended the British empire and the annexation of German speaking areas fueled the rise of The Third Reich (another empire dream). The Roman empire, the Persian empire. Empires seek to grow.

Quote: (11-24-2014 11:49 AM)CimbomluBkk Wrote:  

Very uncommon

2 Tourists got killed in Koh Tao Thailand recently, the girl was raped. Does that make Thailand unsafe?

Yes, Thailand is quite unsafe on Koh Tao, Phi Phi and several other places, particularly if you're an attractive blonde woman.

I am an atheist
5 years ago he banned the sale of alcohol to people under 25, got overturned by the supreme court. Now he banned the sale of alcohol after 10 pm. He said everyone who drinks alcohol is a drunkard, even if it's occasionally. He spoke against male and female students living together. He spoke against women dressing ''slutty'' and got a female TV host fired for wearing a dress with clevage. The new Islamic schools he opens are boys-only or girls-only schools. He spoke against mixed-sex education several times. I can keep giving examples all night.

I like his attitude against progressivism, feminism, multiculturalism, degeneration and cultural assimilation. I can even try to somewhat understand his policy about alcohol. But just like any other Islamist leader he is obsessed about sex and dating. This drives the new generations more conservative and Turkey doesn't need any more 22 year old virgins, we already have enough as it is.

Quote: (11-24-2014 11:59 AM)berserk Wrote:  

Empires have created most wars in history. WW1 was entirely a war of Empires. Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman empire ceased to exist. WW2 ended the British empire and the annexation of German speaking areas fueled the rise of The Third Reich (another empire dream). The Roman empire, the Persian empire. Empires seek to grow.

Of course they have, but that's only because there was no such thing as a nation-state until recent times.

In terms of the Middle East, where you have various ethnic groups scattered amongst each other, having the two major empires (Ottoman and Persian) kept relative peace in that region. It wasn't until their dissolution that we see the mess that we have today.

Quote: (11-24-2014 01:16 PM)turkishcandy Wrote:  

I am an atheist
5 years ago he banned the sale of alcohol to people under 25, got overturned by the supreme court. Now he banned the sale of alcohol after 10 pm. He said everyone who drinks alcohol is a drunkard, even if it's occasionally. He spoke against male and female students living together. He spoke against women dressing ''slutty'' and got a female TV host fired for wearing a dress with clevage. The new Islamic schools he opens are boys-only or girls-only schools. He spoke against mixed-sex education several times. I can keep giving examples all night.

I like his attitude against progressivism, feminism, multiculturalism, degeneration and cultural assimilation. I can even try to somewhat understand his policy about alcohol. But just like any other Islamist leader he is obsessed about sex and dating. This drives the new generations more conservative and Turkey doesn't need any more 22 year old virgins, we already have enough as it is.

This is what politics is all about. His voter base is conservative, he's trying to leave a good impression on them. I know few people in his inner circle that drink regularly. After 17th december Turkey got to witness the behavior of his inner circle, none of them were "islamist". Can you call bakara makara Egemen, or P4P Reza an islamist? Hope he holds onto power until Kanal Istanbul, the new airport, and the other infrastructure projects are completed. I wasn't a big fan of him until the gezi protests, after gezi I changed my stance completely, the last thing this country needs is a bunch of leftists that oppose his projects which improves the infrastructure of the country.

Turkey doesn't need any more 22 year old virgins, we already have enough as it is

If Turkish guys weren't the thirstiest on earth (no offense toward the guys here) I'd say send them to me.

It's not my country or culture, but I do think Turkey should lighten up and head in the other direction. Iran was a thriving, modern culture and had a bright future ahead of it until Islamic fundamentalism began dictating cultural policy. Turkey is at a crossroads with Erdogan, and it would be a shame to see the country swirl down the shitter in the name of theocracy like so many Arab countries have. Foreign policy with ISIS has already created some distance with Europe and the US.

He's completely right about feminism, but don't let that cloud your view of what he really stands for.

I don't think the thirstyness of Turkish guys has anything to do with islam. Its about the mediterrenan culture. You don't get easy pussy in Italy and Spain as well, when mediterrenenan culture is coupled with Islam, getting pussy becomes even harder.

Indonesia is an islam dominated country aswell, I was getting laid there everyday. Didn't have a hard time getting laid in Malaysia as well. Islam is not the problem, the Turkish culture is.

Quote: (11-24-2014 01:37 PM)CimbomluBkk Wrote:  

I don't think the thirstyness of Turkish guys has anything to do with islam. Its about the mediterrenan culture. You don't get easy pussy in Italy and Spain as well, when mediterrenenan culture is coupled with Islam, getting pussy becomes even harder.

Indonesia is an islam dominated country aswell, I was getting laid there everyday. Didn't have a hard time getting laid in Malaysia as well. Islam is not the problem, the Turkish culture is.

It's a twisted combination of Islamist society and modern laws. I explained this combination in an earlier thread:

Now, most Islamic countries mixed their religious rules with their new liberal laws, so the rules make no more sense and it becomes a chaos. For example, in Islam you are not allowed to have sex out of wedlock (it is a sin for men and punishable by death for women), since women are supposed to get married when they're 14 or something so who the hell needs to have premarital sex, right? But today, age of consent and marriage is between 18 and 22 in all Islamic countries and men are supposed to graduate from the university and find a job first before they start a family. So what happens is that, people follow both Islamic rules and state laws and end up 25 year old angry virgins, thirsty as hell for basic sexuality. State laws forbid them to get married to more than one woman and to have sex before marriage. Society forbids them to get married before completing education and finding a job. And religion forbids pre-marital sex. So they end up following all these dogmas and getting restricted by multiple ideologies and rules that contradict each other. In order not to break any of those rules, men end up mentally emasculating themselves and women end up getting oppressed and harassed by the very men who are supposed to protect them.
Full post: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-35063-...#pid701375

Quote: (11-24-2014 01:31 PM)Blick Mang Wrote:  

Turkey doesn't need any more 22 year old virgins, we already have enough as it is
If Turkish guys weren't the thirstiest on earth (no offense toward the guys here) I'd say send them to me.

None taken. And you don't know the half of it [Image: biggrin.gif]

Thats an amazing summary Turkishcandy, and I completely agree with it. Before the modern laws you didn't have 25 year old virgins running around because nearly everyone was married before their 18th birthday. Turkish guys/girls will remain thirsty forever unless the next generations change their mindset. Even my friends who are supporters of the main opposition party are looking for a virgin girl to marry. The average turk has the same fucked up mindset.

In Arabic countries and Iran there are the same problems. Young people study until age 20-25 or something even longer, so they postpone marriage and stay virgin in their prime years. CimBomBom says. The new generation has to adopt modern mindset. How do you want to do that for the girls? Friday to the mosque. Saturday to the disco [Image: icon_lol.gif]

The Nation-State can work but it has to be framed in a honest manner. You need real borders with populations whom have linked identity, you need real legitimacy of law, legitimacy in industry; and if your people are sectarian and divided people you promote secularism with a brutal and heavy hand (whoops.. that's un-pc to say these days), or you toss dividing elements the keys to their own castle and let them play the game of "nation state" while you foot the bill (examples: Francaphpone Quebec, Islamic north Nigeria, Xianjan China).

Erdoğan is right on his stance on gender but he has been a tool for the most part in running Turkey. He has been on the fence flirting wit radicals while at the same time flirting with the West. This tactic is to brazen for delicate Turkey and the more radical Turkey is becoming on its fringes the more the West/EU/NATO will simply just use Turkey as cannon fodder for radicals to rip apart. Staunch Nationalism is what Turkey thrive after the Empire fell apart.

The Ottomans were to large and fat, redundant and were easy to lay waste to once they Empire started to show cracks. Kemelism and his staunch nationalism was good for Turkey overall. Erdoğan rides of phony nationalism while radicalizing the state, its all a shame. Turkey was great when it perused blood dripping nationalism and used that to build positive relationships in the region which kept it in relative peace. You still it all spiraling now with the emboldening of the radicals, Turkey is a paper shell of its former self.

For historical and ethnic reasons, Fuck Turkey. That said I find it amusing certain feminists were flipping shit about this while conveniently forgetting about "multiculturalism." Just another example of contradictions in their puzzling worldview.

Quote: (11-24-2014 07:32 PM)armenia4ever Wrote:  

For historical and ethnic reasons, Fuck Turkey.

I'm not surprised to hear that - I work with a couple of Armenians...

Quote: (11-24-2014 07:32 PM)armenia4ever Wrote:  

For historical and ethnic reasons, Fuck Turkey.

The forum is not the place for bringing these tribal/ethnic beefs and insulting the membership in the process. Based on your username, it seems like you have some sort of political agenda.

7-day suspension. Troll watch.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

You might want to read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_genocide

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_genocide

I don't believe bringing back the Ottoman empire is a good thing.

Quote: (11-24-2014 01:31 PM)Blick Mang Wrote:  

It's not my country or culture, but I do think Turkey should lighten up and head in the other direction. Iran was a thriving, modern culture and had a bright future ahead of it until Islamic fundamentalism began dictating cultural policy. Turkey is at a crossroads with Erdogan, and it would be a shame to see the country swirl down the shitter in the name of theocracy like so many Arab countries have. Foreign policy with ISIS has already created some distance with Europe and the US.

He's completely right about feminism, but don't let that cloud your view of what he really stands for.

This.

As part of his imperialist islamism, he is now trying to suck up to Latin America:

"Contacts between Latin America and Islam date back to the 12th Century." http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30067490

Even if this is true, which I doubt, the Muslims obviously wouldn't have been the first people to reach the Americas. Or even reaching it before the first Europeans got there. I don't know if he mentioned this in his speech.

Plus, Latin America got it's name because of it's linguistical influences from countries where different derivatives of Latin was spoken. So it's strange he refers to *Latin* America which didn't existed at the time this alleged "contact" occurred. Maybe it was a mistake in the translation.

To my knowledge, Erdogan or previous governments also hasn't acknowledged the genocide of Armenians. In my country, we have a politician of Turkish descent who've made some comments that tried to falsify our history and that of a neighbor country, as well as trying to excuse islamist terrorists and by extension their genocides.

I get the impression that there is an undercurrent of disguised imperialist islamism in Turkish politics.

Quote: (11-25-2014 04:32 AM)solo Wrote:  

To my knowledge, Erdogan or previous governments also hasn't acknowledged the genocide of Armenians. In my country, we have a politician of Turkish descent who've made some comments that tried to falsify our history and that of a neighbor country, as well as trying to excuse islamist terrorists and by extension their genocides.

I get the impression that there is an undercurrent of disguised imperialist islamism in Turkish politics.

Why should anyone be forced to acknowledge something they don't believe in, even if it's a genocide. France,Greece and a few other European countries criminalized the denial of Armenian genocide, which makes it a thought crime. Because fuck free speech. I'm all ears if anyone can rationally explain why forced acknowledge of a genocide/ethnic cleansing/war crime/massacre is more important than free speech. And for the sake of argument let's assume Armenian genocide is a fact. Why is saying ''I don't believe Armenian genocide happened'' equated with hate speech and made an exception of free speech?

Quote: (11-25-2014 07:22 AM)turkishcandy Wrote:  

Quote: (11-25-2014 04:32 AM)solo Wrote:  

Why should anyone be forced to acknowledge something they don't believe in, even if it's a genocide. France,Greece and a few other European countries criminalized the denial of Armenian genocide, which makes it a thought crime. Because fuck free speech. I'm all ears if anyone can rationally explain why forced acknowledge of a genocide/ethnic cleansing/war crime/massacre is more important than free speech. And for the sake of argument let's assume Armenian genocide is a fact. Why is saying ''I don't believe Armenian genocide happened'' equated with hate speech and made an exception of free speech?

A secular assumption would be since the guilty cannot be brought back from the dead and hence ensue that the victims be avenged. This forced acknowledgement is the best next thing that can be done. Its not like we can have a Nuremburg for dead people anyway.

Kinda getting off-topic due to prejudice. I hope the mods intervene.