rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tees, what are the best style??

Just curious, what are your favorite t-shirt/undershirt styles?? What do you recommend for a stylish man??

I've always been more of a Jockey crew neck guy with solid cotton material, although lately I've bought a v-neck and a wider/loser neck tee made from a thinner material from Zara. V-necks obviously don't work as undershirts, but I'm trying to experiment and find something that works as an undershirt for button downs. What are the best options?

Go to H&M and buy 10-15 of those 7 dollar crew necks in navy/grey. Spending money on a tee-shirt is ridiculous. It's all about the fit and lack of childish bull shit designs. Unfortunately I have a bad habit of spending lots of money on clothes, but never on tee shirts. The 7 dollar H&M tee shirts are better than tees 5 times the price.

EDIT: and DON'T WEAR AN UNDERSHIRT. Sorry for screaming, but I was visualizing my dad with his fugly 10,000 year old white undershirt hanging out. You don't need to wear an undershirt. If you're cold, wear a jacket. If you're worried about sweating, fix the sweating issue or change shirts more regularly. Wearing a shirt underneath another shirt is stupid and destroys the look.

Stole my thunder, skip the undershirt.

I like a well fitted crew neck, personally don't wear V necks. Just plain is fine, they come in all kinds of shades and colors, and they're cheap. Bitches be mirin if you work out and find nice fitting Ts.

I really like Henleys, preferably ribbed or even waffle knit to add some interest. Short or long sleeves are as good as each other, but if I'm in a long sleeved one, those sleeves are getting rolled up to just below the elbow.

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

I prefer solid-colored crew neck t-shirts. For guys who like t-shirts with logos Ralph Lauren is having a sweet sale online, just $9 a shirt. The have pocket-tees and v-necks too, not my style though.

I don't own any v-neck shirts but have been looking into getting some. Gotta wonder what the allure is behind them.

Fuck all of you for not mentioning the turtle neck.

This is what a real alpha looks like. Notice his attire, notice the turtleneck
[Image: 15e5525ca5cd7870839074874d5fe094903b4d5d...ed058a.jpg]

V-necks are universal and can be worn with a blazer and dress shoes or with sneakers and a hoodie, whatever the demands of the venue or your personal style. That said, it accentuates your physique - if you're skinny fat, stay away from them, if you've got a solid build, a v-neck should be your go-to shirt.

A t-shirt can also look good under a denim or rugged leather jacket. As always, the fit is really important.

american apparel crew neck t's do me right.

I'm trying to find some decent brands for buying casual v-necks online. I like the style that Roosh wears and PM'd asking the brand but any other recommendations?? Something that fits V shaped torso without being too short and tight on the arms and huge in waist.

You'll be way better off going into a store and trying them on.

Quote: (11-17-2014 08:09 PM)Nima Wrote:  

Go to H&M and buy 10-15 of those 7 dollar crew necks in navy/grey. Spending money on a tee-shirt is ridiculous. It's all about the fit and lack of childish bull shit designs. Unfortunately I have a bad habit of spending lots of money on clothes, but never on tee shirts. The 7 dollar H&M tee shirts are better than tees 5 times the price.

H&M v necks have always done me the best.

American Apparel makes quality tees, but they are a little pricey.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

I just can't get myself to like V-necks. I have one and never wear it. I prefer black crew necks.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Kirkland (Costco in-house brand) got one of the best fitting tees, long and slim with decent quality, costs like 15$ for a pack of 3

When you buy t-shirts it's important to keep in mind your body type.

H&M $7 t-shirts are fine, unless you're very tall. Everyone on this forum wants to be 6'4" but damn, good luck finding simple and affordable tees that don't show your belly button.

When I was skinny I would prefer v-necks, because they show some chest. Crews and polos would make me look puny. Now that I'm buff the simple crew neck is filled up and gives you presence. I am going to give polos another chance as well.

How to make a t-shirt work for you?

1. The sleeves should fit your arms. Cheap shirts and average arms often don't mix. The extra fabric looks shit and makes you look smaller. Either improve your guns, buy fitted tees, or both.

2. Show your collarbone. It's a shame to hide your hard-earned gains underneath some textile. If you're cut and have a clearly defined collarbone and maybe even some upper chest volume, girls will take notice. Don't go overboard. Instead of the v-neck, you can also wear slightly wider crew necks. These also feel a lot less restrictive.

[Image: Mens-custom-body-muscle-fit-dry-slim-fit...-lycra.jpg]

I'm going to play devils advocate on V-necks, I own some but I much prefer crew-necks (and in particular wider crew-necks like in sixsix's pic above), and I think most style geeks would agree with me.

First of all skinny guys in V-necks always remind me of skinny guys in tank tops, it calls too much attention to their skinny physique and just looks ridiculous and try-hard, girls always snicker about these guys behind their backs. A good upper chest is a necessity, V-necks really only should be worn by guys who lift, but if they've bought the right size they'll already look good in crew necks anyway so the marginal improvement from showing the extra bare skin with the V-neck isn't that big.

Don't be this faggot
[Image: Xa7ZnS1l.jpg]

My main beef with V-necks though is that you mostly only find them in solid colours. I don't mind solid colour button-down's but solid colour tee's are just way too fucking boring and overplayed. Every other fuckboy on the street and his dog is wearing a solid colour crew neck tee with dark blue jeans, no matter what your individual style is you need to have more personality then that. If you have a muscular chest and don't mind solid colour tee's than V-necks are for you, but if one or both don't apply then stick to crew-necks.

Also, I'm not a fan of American Apparel in general but their t-shirts are really high quality and well worth the price. A lot of other brands even make their t-shirts made from the same materials now because they've built up such a good rep .

I also prefer crew necks. But it can't just be any crew neck. For me it needs to have that 1950s James Dean look, with slightly shorter than normal sleeves, and a slim fit.

When I'm just wearing tees, I've found that Banana Republic Pima Stretch Cottons in Crew Neck (black, white or grey) work really well for me. They fit my arms and torso well and don't hang too far below my belt line.

I also have a few Express Crew Necks and have recently found that Zara and H&M indeed have some good crew neck tees, in a greater variety of colors. The Zaras are a cool, thinner material with a slightly (not too much) wider neck that makes them great for when I go Salsa dancing.

After much reluctance, I have begun experimenting with V-necks recently, bought one tight black V from Zara and had a hot babe eye-fucking me from behind the pharmacy counter at Walgreens the first day I wore it, lol! I also now have a grey cotton V from Banana Republic, but it fits a little looser. Good insight by some of you guys that Vs work well with dress shoes and will accent a skinny/lean man's features better.

I'm still unsure of what works best for me when I wear my button-down/collar shirts. I wear a lot of casual and professional button-downs from Zara, H&M, Express as well as some western/rockabilly style stuff, pearl snaps and all, from Panhandle Slim. I've gone sans under-tee a few times and it's doable, although feels a bit weird if I undo the top two buttons and expose that much bare chest. Standard white jockey/hanes/puma/etc crews do look a bit average/dorky underneath a button down. Maybe the slightly wider crews I've discovered at Zara would work, although they're expensive ($17.50) for an undershirt.

Wifebeaters have always seemed too trashy for me, that would take some serious convincing.

I'd prefer v necks, especially those from
Abercrombie & Fitch
[Image: attachment.jpg23252]   
[Image: attachment.jpg23253]   
or Ralph Lauren Polo
[Image: attachment.jpg23254]   

A good buy for atheltic body shapes are the valvein klein stretch series. they have black, white and grey. you can find the in the underwear section of stores like macys and nordtroms. 5% spandex, 95% cotton.

still looking for something that fits athletically that has more colors. any insight?

I have a good build and usually go with v necks, but the other day I picked up some crew necks from Uniqulo and I've been loving them. A snug fitting crew neck with raw denim jeans, beeswax desert boots and Ray Ban aviators has been treating me well the past couple of days.

Are V Necks or Crews better for thin guys?

Quote: (11-30-2014 06:22 AM)Brian Shima Wrote:  

Are V Necks or Crews better for thin guys?

I'd wear a crew neck to the gym.