rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Easy way to lighten your hair (for guys with blond/light brown hair)

I didn't see any threads directly on point, only about dealing with grey hair. This is a thread that explains how those with blond or lighter hair can lighten their hair very easily, spending little.

I was born quite blond but I noticed my hair starting to become darker at the age of about 27 or 28. I made a few adjustments, experimented a bit with different products, and now my hair is back to a nice blond. I can do it cheaply and very easily, and I don't have to go to a professional.

John Frieda makes hair-lightening shampoo and conditioner, and also a spray that's particularly effective.

I use their hair lightening shampoo (for blondes/lighter-haired) Monday through Friday.

Then I use the color balance shampoo and color balance conditioner on weekends. I have more free time on weekends so I use the conditioner then, whereas M-F during the mornings I don't want to spend a lot of time fucking around, so I just shampoo my hair and I'm done.

Once or twice a week I use some of the spray to really lighten my hair after showering, then use a hair dryer to really melt in the spray.

As I said, my hair is back to a nice blond. I can control the color level by using the spray only once per week, as opposed to twice, or not blow drying my hair after using the spray (as I said, it seems to really melt in the spray if you blow dry your hair afterward).

Is some of this overkill and perhaps bullshit? Maybe, but it works overall - feel free to experiment to see if you can cut out certain steps. I find that using the shampoo balances out the dramatic effects of the spray - the spray is really strong. The color balance shampoo and conditioner seem to make the color seem more natural and blend better. You don't want to look bleached. I look natural.

Total cost: maybe $10/month. As we all know, some girls really go for light hair, so it's worth looking into for guys who want to go lighter, or who were blonde but now have brown hair.

Go to a saloon and get it done proper. They can 'blend' your natural colors undetected and their products last longer. When a girl can see your roots it's game over. Real talk.

How would going to a saloon circumvent the roots issue? It would make it worse. You're more likely to stick to a shampoo-based regime than keep up your expensive saloon visits every week.

Quote: (11-17-2014 06:57 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

How would going to a saloon circumvent the roots issue? It would make it worse. You're more likely to stick to a shampoo-based regime than keep up your expensive saloon visits every week.

I go to the saloon about every 6 weeks, and use quality shampoo/conditioner to maintain the color regiment. My hair has darkened over time, so I'm just bring back the natural colors. Still a low cost over average, and a superior product. When you buy $10 hair products, you pay for what you get. This is why so many girls in the DR have extensions, cause they've burned off their natural hair. I've used the cheaper products also, and had neutral to negative experience.

Just use raw honey. It has hydrogen peroxide in it.

Leave it on over night a couple times a week. Im naturally a dirty blonde but doing this regimen, I've become semi-platinum.

These Asian sluts wont leave me alone now!

Also, don't we mean 'salon'? Expensive visits to a saloon each week is a different animal.

Quote: (11-17-2014 09:56 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

Also, don't we mean 'salon'? Expensive visits to a saloon each week is a different animal.

The place where I get my haircut serves A LOT of free bourbon by sexy ass stylist. Thus 'saloon'. [Image: angel.gif]

Ali, what products do you use?

Quote: (11-17-2014 12:51 PM)Yeti Wrote:  

Ali, what products do you use?

I use Aveda, as it does good for my hair and is easily available. Most budget products like Herbal Essences and even up to Redkin dry out my shit. I've used just about every major brand. Part of the reason hightlights/color cost so much in saloon's is from quality of product. I have a stylist in my family that confirms it. If the cheaper products work for you though I say go for it. Everyone's mane is different. Find a good stylist and establish a relationship. It just makes it easier in the long run, at least to get a starting point.

Amino collagans and beef gelatin pills do wonders from the inside. I take for joints but the other effects are good. I cycle on and off of them frequently, and always notice how much faster my hair/nails grow.....to the point of being annoying. Honestly, I recommend here first to see if you lighten up a bit, with a little sunshine added, then go get some hightlights if necessary. I'll take you to my saloon if you can handle a 7 oz glass of Gentlemen Jack as your first drink. Stylist down in Texas don't play. [Image: whip.gif]

Thanks for the recommendation. So I imagine that you use the Aveda blue malva shampoo ($33/liter), and the Aveda blue malva conditioner ($76/liter).

Do you use conditioner every day?