rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Some Prick Has Stolen My Stories and Published an Ebook

Rionomad just messaged me a little while ago saying "Sean Clarkson"

I had no idea who that was and he went on to say something like "your pen name, I'm reading your book, why didn't you tell me"?

Then through whatsapp he told me about very specific things, even right down to almost a copy and past approach to my entries on my Invasion of SEA thread.

It's 100% my stories and this faggot has plagiarized them.

What recourse do I have?

I'm on my phone and its the only access to the forum I have right now so please forgive not having a link but this is the book on amazon.

Debauched: A Rogues Mis Adventures In Thailand

On a more serious note thats pretty fucked up... specially since I believe you were planing to write a book and market some of your material right? Thats fucking with your lively hood when someone steals you shit like that... I hope you can get to the bottom of this and somehow have it set right.

Good luck

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

You'll need a lawyer that specializes in copyright.

I want to get in contact with this guy.

Or maybe I can swarm the comments with how its fraudulent.

Yeah I had planned to write this as my own book in a whole collection.

I think this is the same guy..

http://www.amazon.com/Insider-Travel-Sec...335&sr=1-1

I bet you know him.

That's really shitty, maybe the RVF tech guys could start tracking him down?

Fisto got internet Amog'd.

Just called him out on Amazon. Hopefully it gets approved.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

the top review is now the 1star review.

His other book looks like a plagiarized pastiche of datasheets from here, Naughty Nomad, and other similar travel sites.

The Malaysia section has text lifted directly from this thread and some specific tips that were obviously cribbed from my old KL datasheet.

The best part? From the start of the book ripping off Fisto's stories:

[Image: JDw3l7N.png?1]

That's rich.

Whoever it was obviously hasn't read about some of your more physical exploits.
[Image: attachment.jpg22878]   [Image: attachment.jpg22879]   

Good luck with it.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

wow, that's really fucked man. but I think there's way to bad able to figure out who it is. it's beyond the scope of my knowledge but you can probably track or trace IPs, or match writing styles or something along those lines. hope you can straighten this all out

That's fucked up, time to flood the Amazon page with negative reviews.

Quote: (11-14-2014 05:03 PM)scotian Wrote:  

That's fucked up, time to flood the Amazon page with negative reviews.
Was trying to post a page from the book..

http://www.amazon.com/Single-Guide-South...Collection

The very first page of his "writing" has all the specific highlights straight from the thread.

I hate pricks like this. Lazy fuckers.

If you look at the book creds, there is also a editor by the name of Samantha Simms.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_...evancerank

She has another book she co-authored with Kerinth Campbell who may or may not be the same guy. I would try contacting here and mention legalities of copyright infringement while also contacting Amazon and pointing them to your thread. The date on you thread should prove you were copied.

I suspect it is Kerinth because he may be a teacher.

https://www.teachingchannel.org/teachers...h-campbell

I have a copyright take down notice that was drafted from a lawyer out of Cali. If you need on, I will look for it and send you a copy.

In the meantime, fill out Amazon's form here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/reports/i...entries*=0

The backstory of my character is awful.

When the guy writes his own shit its terrible.

An iraq veteran that was stationed with the worlds top mma fighters decides to come home and surprise his wife but catches her in bed with his best friend. Then his brother buys him a ticket to thailand.

God what a stupid premise.

First, why on earth did the top 50 mma fighters decide to up and join the Army?

What soldier on the planet isn't making plans months in advance for when he comes home.

Does this jackass think soldiers get discharged and don't let anyone know when all they've been doing since the day they joined is thinking about what they're going to do the day they get out?

Great imagination. I'm going to read the book, I may recognize the writing style.

Did he plagiarize the ladyboy blowjob incident?

Quote: (11-14-2014 05:59 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Did he plagiarize the ladyboy blowjob incident?

Ah, that is probably why this reviewer gave it a one star.

Quote:Quote:

I did my best to read this book as I paid my hard earned for it but I failed.
I could not relate to the author and his stories in this book in any way.
Do yourself a big favour and dont buy this nonsense of a book.

He did say he couldn't relate. I don't know if I would be more mad at being copied or it getting a one star review. hah

Fisto, you should give this dude his hard earned 2.99 back because he couldn't relate.

1 star review submitted!

Also liked the other two low reviews

Learn Spanish Game Latinas
http://pickupspanish.com/

Interesting. Some of the writing and stories I've written here have shown up on other sites and in YouTube comments.

Under the Digital Mmilennium Copyright Act you may be fucked, friend. A lit of places wherebyou public ally publish stories/videos without prior copyright are usually considered part of the public domain.

I am not a lawyer, though, so I may be mistaken.

No, that's not right at all.

Plagiarism as in stolen storyline or plagiarism as in copied word for word?

Your work is copyrighted by the very nature of creating it, but if you register the copyright you can get statutory damages. It sounds fucked up, but you can screw someone so bad for stealing registered work that its not something to break a sweat about, it may even net you far more than what you would have otherwise made from the work.

http://copyright.gov/eco/

If the copyright is unregistered, that is a different story, but you still can collect damages.

My suggestion is to post new stories but register the work first, then if this individual copies you again you should be able to go after them for their entire net worth. You could also get very aggressive immediately but that may not amount to much other than some lawyer fees and a few thousand dollars.

You could get a lawyer, but is it even be worth it? It would cost you a few grand to have him write/send a cease and desist letter. If you use the lawyer to sue, how much could you even think of getting back? Maybe a few grand? The book isn't selling millions of copies. And for $2.99 (free if you have Kindle Unlimited), he probably will take home $5000, after Amazon gets its cut.

What he did sucks, but it was pretty clever. He spent a few hours copying and pasting, a little copy editing, and a catching title image, for a return of a few hundred or few thousand dollars.