rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Criminalizing Betas: "Two incidents involving suspicious persons on campus"

Link: http://uwimprint.ca/article/4660-two-inc...persons-on

Quote:Quote:

UW Police Services is asking any students with information about this week's incidents or suspect to contact them

Update: UW Police Services (UWPS) confirmed that the two incidents involving a tall, Asian, male suspect who approached two female students on campus were cases of an individual being “socially awkward.”

Dan Anderson, director of UWPS, said, “The student, after we interviewed him and realized what he had been doing from his perspective, has not committed any offence… His intent was not malicious.”

UW police received 20-30 tips in connection before they identified the suspect.

“We certainly took all the concerns of the people who sent in any information very seriously,” Anderson said. “We’re extremely pleased so many people responded to us seeking information on this.”

According to Anderson, Waterloo Regional Police Services (WRPS) said they were surprised by the sheer number of tips they received in such a short period of time.

He added UWPS has made sure the male student understood the concern of the two females he approached on campus.

We’re satisfied the male had no ill-intent in his approaches to women,” Anderson said. “We’ve given him suggestions on how to properly and appropriately start those interactions [with women].”

Anderson has told the two females who notified UWPS originally about a man approaching them on campus that they had identified and spoken to the suspect.

UWPS has not received any questions or concerns regarding their explanation of the two incidents.

“I’m sure some of them were very concerned about how this guy approached, but we still had to deal with university policies and laws, and we’re not seeing he’s breached any of those,” Anderson said.

Anderson could not confidently say whether or not the student will face further disciplinary action.

---

Two female UW students notified UW police services (UWPS) about a man approaching them on campus. The first incident occurred Nov. 4, just after noon outside of RCH; the second occurred the following day around 11 a.m. on the physics roadway between CIET and ENG 3.

The two students were not connected, however, Staff Sergeant Dale Roe, operations manager for UWPS, said the similar times, locations, and description of the incidents and the suspect strongly suggest the same man was involved in both.

“We’re still actively investigating this and trying to identify who this person was,” Roe said. “What’s been encouraging is, as a result of that being posted, we have had some information come in that’s given us more opportunity to follow up on more leads,” he said.

In both incidents the suspect approached the female students and blocked their path. In the first reported situation, the male “grabbed her hand” and said something suggesting he thought she was good looking and that he wanted to talk to her.

During the following days’ incident, the other female student backed away when the suspect attempted to grab her, a similar conversation followed, however, the female student also reported the suspect tried to block her from walking away, and she was forced to run.

Roe said incidents like this have happened in recent history on campus and have been resolved. He said in cases like this one sometimes the suspect involved is “socially awkward and this is their way of trying to meet someone” and other times it is more concerning.

“We don’t know at this point in time, but we have to investigate to find out,” Roe said.

The suspect is believed to be a student. “It’s speculation, but that is our best guess at this point in time,” Roe said.

The suspect is described as an Asian male just over six feet tall with short, spiked black hair who spoke English with no accent. In the second incident, the suspect appeared to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Students with any information are encouraged to contact campus police or use their anonymous reporting system.

So, basically the police went on a manhunt because an awkward Asian dude was attempting to pick up girls?

Women these days think they can shop for a man like they shop for a purse or a pair of shoes. Sorry ladies. It doesn't work that way.

Women are like sandwiches. All men love sandwiches. That's a given. But sandwiches are only good when they're fresh. Nobody wants a day old sandwich. The bread is all soggy and the meat is spoiled.

-Parlay44 @ http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-35074.html

It's also possible they went on a "manhunt" because he was blocking people from leaving and grabbing at them, which is suspicious behavior worth investigating.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Quote: (11-14-2014 12:42 AM)Troll King Wrote:  

We’re satisfied the male had no ill-intent in his approaches to women,” Anderson said. “We’ve given him suggestions on how to properly and appropriately start those interactions [with women].”

So the police gave him Rooshvforum address, and set him free with a pat on the back? [Image: smile.gif] I had never heard of the police giving urgent gaming advice to "suspects" lol [Image: icon_question.gif]
Next thing you know, instead of reading people's their rights, they'll read them Day Bang by Roosh! [Image: smile.gif]

And I guess tomorrow we'll have a new user (from India?) and his new thread in "Newbies" : "Is it right to grab American ladies' hands in the street, when you so want to be friends with them?"

Breaking: Police are investigating after a male student was reported by a female student for a concerning remark made. "I said a joke of his wasn't funny, and he asked my friends 'is she always like this?'"

Police have received information that the subject was in posession of a book titled the Mystery Method, and may have been trying to "neg" the complaintant. No word from the the campus Human Rights Commission if this qualifies as hate speech.

Quote: (11-14-2014 12:55 AM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

It's also possible they went on a "manhunt" because he was blocking people from leaving and grabbing at them, which is suspicious behavior worth investigating.

True. But it is difficult to know how this went down without more details. Did he corner one of the girls and actually block her access out of an alley or something? Or did he keep side-stepping trying to get her attention and his creepiness cause her to run? Or maybe she ran not because of him but because she is a paranoid western woman trained to see all men as not only strangers but potential rapists (Schrodinger's Rapist)???

I don't know. I do know that I have met several women on college campuses that seem to freak out at the slightest shit. I'm a somewhat short white dude and I have seen girls run to their cars or cross the street or freak out in other ways simply because we were the only one in the parking garage and all I was doing was walking to my car by myself and never said a word. I routinely get police alerts from two different colleges, the one I am at now and the state university I used to study at, that boil down to basically "Alert: This is an automated alert because at 10:29 PM a female student contacted the police to issue a report. A man, [Insert Description], was seen walking down University road in the same direction as the female student for several minutes. Please contact XXX-XXXX if you have also seen this person."

Now, to be fair, usually it is a bit more than some guy walking down the street. There have been some that I received that had to do with a attempted kidnapping or a non-student mugging another student but it also isn't that rare to see something, that at least is vague enough in the description, to make you go, "WTF? A police alert for being in the same building as her and talking to her...maybe he was a grad student working on a project or something or a visitor who got lost...or..."

Women these days think they can shop for a man like they shop for a purse or a pair of shoes. Sorry ladies. It doesn't work that way.

Women are like sandwiches. All men love sandwiches. That's a given. But sandwiches are only good when they're fresh. Nobody wants a day old sandwich. The bread is all soggy and the meat is spoiled.

-Parlay44 @ http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-35074.html

Props to the cops in this case. Refused to bend to hysteria.

They could have tried to hammer him, but more likely they gave him some approach and game advice.

Quote: (11-14-2014 06:05 AM)Sp5 Wrote:  

Props to the cops in this case. Refused to bend to hysteria.

They could have tried to hammer him, but more likely they gave him some approach and game advice.

I really doubt that they gave him any advice that qualified as game advice, but they probably did give him some suggestions on how to avoid freaking out women immediately upon opening them, which for someone in his apparent situation, is just as good.

But mainly, good the cops for doing their job, following up on the complaint as policy likely required, but ultimately asking the question: has any law actually been broken? As opposed to, what law can we most conveniently charge this guy with?

I'm the King of Beijing!

Day game is a test of how "normal" you are.

If you talk to girls during the day -- and everything seems "normal", you have good day game.

If you talk to girls during the day -- and it seems "awkward", you don't have good day game.

When a guy with good social skills talks to a girl during the day-- it looks like the most natural and normal thing in the world.

---

I used to be a little awkward, I worked hard to fix it!

---

The police gave him approach advice!!!!

Lol!!

---

Bad game is a crime!

[Image: mindblown.gif]

Poor kid, we have an asian guy in our town that is extremely socially awkward.

He'll go to bars by himself and hopefully run into one of us to hangout with.

The guy is smart with sports and fantasy football but he's got some other mental health issues I think.

Alot of girls are "Creeped" out by him and I laugh and say he's harmeless, he's a nice guy, just socially awkward.

Ex, You'll say hi go back to your conversation, and he'll stand by you for the next few minutes trying to get into the conversation.

I'd never be a dick to him, but some have, it's a fucking shame people don't recognize the signs of mental illnesses.

I had no idea RSD had such a presence on the UW campus.