rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Go full serial entrepreneur?

Always thought everyones opinion on this. I know a lot of people "never make it" but would have never made it anyways working at a normal job. I mean, from I have seen the people who are not idiots almost always make it. Even the idiots sometimes make it. Most people are f*cking stupid.

I feel like our culture massively criticizes failure for no reason. You can always go again. I would imagine eventually you would get so good at selling you would have a job selling, or you would get a successful business. Really the only way to get truly rich.

But hey, even going homeless a few times is better than rotting away in a high rise right?

What's everyones thoughts on this?

Depends on what you want & how much discomfort you're willing to put up with to get what you want.
I'd like to think that getting to a place where you're financially comfortable has to be grounded in reality as well. Are you providing a product or service or a trading space (be it physical or virtual) that a certain niche of people are willing to pay for?
The central theme here is what do YOU want? I would guess that the details come after that frame has been set.

9/10 when I hear "serial entrepreneur" it's someone who can neither a) hold down a steady job, or b) make it with his/her own business. On the later part: it's tough enough to have your own business AND have a social life/girlfriend, so you know if someone has multiple businesses more than likely they're not doing anything particularly well. Of course there are exceptions but they are few and far between and usually with people with lots of money who can hire the right people to manage daily operations.

But success is 33/33/33 work ethic, smarts, who you know.

Planning to be a "serial" entrepreneur sounds to me like planning for failure.

Of course, failing is very possible, and you shouldn't be afraid of it, but plan to succeed with your first business. Who knows, maybe you will.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

First plan to be an entrepreneur before being a serial one.

That's like saying "I want to be an astronaut" without taking a calculus class.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

It doesn't work like this. A serial entrepreneur doesn't start out with that goal in mind. He starts one business, and seeing another (often adjacent) opportunity may choose to add that too.

Branson is clearly not a failure because he had many businesses in different areas.

Yes being an entrepeneur has more upside than a job, everyone knows this. But the biggest issues remain: start a business in what? How do you find or spot business opportunities? How do you get started?

Reading forums like the fastlane only yields the very narrow subset of business called 'retail online in niches'.

I'd love to find a resource on business startups that isn't specifically online niche retail, and doesn't involve large startup capital.

I'm getting better at it. I've been reading a lot of business books.

Quote: (11-12-2014 10:40 AM)jake1720 Wrote:  

I'm getting better at it. I've been reading a lot of business books.

Sorry, but reading a lot of books will not make you a good entrepreneur. You have to be able to solve other people's problems effectively and actually implement shit.

By starting out with this mindset and designing your lifestyle to fully endeavor into a life of entrepreneurship, you can increase your chances of success.

No children, no girlfriend, no college debt, no debt at all, severe ties with loser friends and family, the ability to move anywhere at the drop of a hat to chase money and opportunities in business.

Not making the common tragic mistakes that hold people back from taking risk can greatly increase your odds of becoming successful.

Listen to Brian Tracey. In particular the psychology of success.
It details how to succeed in your first business and is a great resource.

Also I wouldn't post looking for advice, I would just do it.